palemoon browser

Browsers, email, chat, etc.
sindi

Pale Moon 27.1 SSE works on P4 in pup 4.3.1

#341 Post by sindi »

The first of Watchdog's links did not work for me. The second included an update to glibc 2.7 but I updated to 2.11 and used Walter's 27.1 SSE instead of
Watchdog's tweaked 27.1. Firefox 45.6 does not need fontconfig updated (maybe 45.7 does). I see [url].....[/url] and have to copy and paste the actual URL,
using Pale Moon. Is this how it is supposed to be?

[url]http://keesan.freeshell.org/puppy[/url] has the two pets (gtk and glib). I got glibc 2.11.3 from some non-puppy site.

In Puppy 4.3.1 Pale Moon used 105% of RAM at the puppy forum.

I now have a browser-capable 2003 laptop with lovely screen and keyboard, working sound, but dead wifi slot, tape hinges, a wiggly power jack, and the broken
speedstep-related wire (so I use a generic power supply since it won't recognize genuine DELL anyway). Puppy 4 works with cpu frequency scaling tool and none
of the puppy 5's I tried would do so (they would not run it at maximum all the time, with a broken wire).

Once we solder or hot glue the power jack and replace my drive with a 2GB one I will install JUST puppy 4.31 with the four pets, glibc 2.11.3, and Pale Moon
and set Pale Moon to clear cache and history on exit and not save any passwords. Then save the save file and clone. 20 min setup on future computers.

Yesterday I wasted over an hour trying to clone MicroXP - and ended up reinstalling it after copying all the files and not finding a way to make it bootaable.
(At least it kept the added program files). Computers with under 512MB will have Windows 98 or MicroXP (48MB RAM is enough) with old DOS games.

Linux is so much easier.

Walter Dnes

Pale Moon SSE v27.1.1 for Linux available for download

#342 Post by Walter Dnes »

This is a bugfix. See https://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.ph ... 92#p107292 for notes and info.

greengeek

#343 Post by greengeek »

Hi Walter - thanks for your work on Palemoon. It is great to see someone aiming to keep older hardware functional on the ever evolving internet. I prefer simplicity and usually reject "bleeding edge" software. It is nice to see thoughtful and carefully considered advances, rather than unnecessary quantum leaps. We don't all have the latest and greatest hardware and it is nice to see efficient use of what we currently have.
cheers!

Walter Dnes

#344 Post by Walter Dnes »

You're welcome. Although I can afford better, I still have an old netbook and an off-lease Lenovo kicking around. So this effort also helps me, too.

jss83

Weird behaviour palemoon 27.1.0 Tahrpup 6.0.5

#345 Post by jss83 »

Ctrl+a key which selects all isn't working any more inside palemoon, it works elsewhere everywhere, abiword, leafpad, geany but it won't work inside palemoon. It just moves the cursor right at the start when pressed ctrl+a.

The weird thing is, if the caps lock is on then it selects all like it normally should.

Solution? :?

watchdog

#346 Post by watchdog »

Ctrl-a is working for me in palemoon 27.1.1 and puppy 4.31.

jss83

#347 Post by jss83 »

Just updated mine to the 27.1.1 but still it just sends the cursor to the back of the line. :?

Semme

#348 Post by Semme »

Does the behavior carry into a new profile? New profiles are E-A-S-Y!
>>> Living with the immediacy of death helps you sort out your priorities. It helps you live a life less trivial <<<

jss83

#349 Post by jss83 »

Yup, made a new profile and tested it.

Semme

#350 Post by Semme »

:D But didn't say what happened.
>>> Living with the immediacy of death helps you sort out your priorities. It helps you live a life less trivial <<<

jss83

#351 Post by jss83 »

Sorry, No it did not work. Same results. Sends it back to the start of the line.

Semme

#352 Post by Semme »

Then you must have another program running interference.

So we're on the same page, let me ask *how* you created this profile?

jss83

#353 Post by jss83 »

I closed down palemoon. Went to Root, found (.moonchild productions) folder, inside it palemoon, went in, then I deleted the profile xxx.default and profiles.ini files, restarted palemoon and it showed the welcome page and all.

Semme

#354 Post by Semme »

Next time it's palemoon -ProfileManager. Yes, from a terminal.

As for the problem, do you remember if you installed anything prior to this behavior?

How about the previous version that worked.. Do you remember?

jss83

#355 Post by jss83 »

Most recently I updated the flash player, like 2 days back, don't remember for sure if it was working fine prior to it or not... maybe it was because I only saw this happening last night and just now when I was typing a mail.

Btw, I pasted palemoon -ProfileManager in terminal, it opened up a new palemoon window. :?

Semme

#356 Post by Semme »

C'mon now, PM's gotta be closed for that line to work.

As for Flash, go to "Add-ons" >> "Extensions" and grab FlashDisable. Test..

Still nogo, make sure Flash is updated.

jss83

#357 Post by jss83 »

Yes, it works when palemoon is closed. :o

Couldn't install flashdisable, it says ..(see scr.png attached below)

But I created a new profile using the command this time, went it to addons/plugins and turned flash to "never activate" restarted palemoon but nothing changed. ctrl+a sended the cursor to the back.

And flash is latest version (see scr1.png below)
Attachments
scr.png
FlashDisable
(21.2 KiB) Downloaded 348 times
scr1.png
Flash Latest
(38.12 KiB) Downloaded 345 times

Sailor Enceladus

#358 Post by Sailor Enceladus »

Cool, I did not know about Ctrl+A. That feature could come in handy :)

Semme

#359 Post by Semme »

I'm unable to duplicate your issue. Which localization are you running? 32b?

bigpup

#360 Post by bigpup »

Could be bad ctrl key.
Have you tried ctrl+A by using the left or the right ctrl keyboard key?
The things they do not tell you, are usually the clue to solving the problem.
When I was a kid I wanted to be older.... This is not what I expected :shock:
YaPI(any iso installer)