glitch in xine, doesn't eject media

Audio editors, music players, video players, burning software, etc.
EdD

glitch in xine, doesn't eject media

#1 Post by EdD »

I installed Slacko 6.3 recently, and added xine 99.7 from the Slackware repos. It works fine except that it doesn't eject the media through the ui controls. I have to quit the app and eject manually.

Thought maybe something was missing so I uninstalled it, including an extra lib set, updated repositories, and reinstalled, but the problem remains. Anyone have some input?

Thanks
Dell optiplex 780, Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E7500 @ 2.93GHz, 4g RAM, w/ATI RV620 LE Radeon HD 3450. Currently running a full install of Slacko 6.3.0 ( 32 bit version).

LazY Puppy

#2 Post by LazY Puppy »

Sorry, but I can't say anything on xine, though I got a similar problem in Tahr Puppy using VLC.

After watching a DVD I can't eject the DVD by pressing the eject button on the DVD drive. I need to unmount the drive by right-click action on the DVD drive icon to eject the DVD.

Will this (unmount and eject by right-click action) work on Slacko?
RSH

"you only wanted to work your Puppies in German", "you are a separatist in that you want Germany to secede from Europe" (musher0) :lol:

No, but I gave my old drum kit away for free to a music store collecting instruments for refugees! :wink:

musher0

#3 Post by musher0 »

Hello people.

The movie or music playing app doesn't always eject the CD or DVD. A sure way to
eject a disc is to enter a console and type

Code: Select all

eject
if it's on the internal or first burner/reader.

If it's on an external or second burner/reader, we type

Code: Select all

eject /dev/sr1
IHTH
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~
"You want it darker? We kill the flame." (L. Cohen)

OscarTalks

#4 Post by OscarTalks »

Sorry that it doesn't help very much but just to let you know, my xine eject button works. This is xine-ui-0.99.9 with xine-lib-1.2.6 compiled myself in Wheezy Puppy.
Oscar in England