compile issues for kde and missin xorg files...

Using applications, configuring, problems
planegoofy

compile issues for kde and missin xorg files...

#1 Post by planegoofy »

Hi,

I am attempting to compile kxdocker on a full hd install of 2.13. I have copied the devx to the hard drive as well as the libs for kde. I then ran configure and make and make stops with the following error:

grep: /usr/lib/./libstdc++.la: No such file or directory
/bin/sed: can't read /usr/lib/./libstdc++.la: No such file or directory
libtool: link: `/usr/lib/./libstdc++.la' is not a valid libtool archive
make[2]: *** [libkxdocker.la] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/my-documents/kxdocker-1.1.4a/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/my-documents/kxdocker-1.1.4a'
make: *** [all] Error 2

any ideas? A check on the internet lead me to check libstdc++.la and it appears fine... Any help would be appreciated.

edited subject and description to reflect change in thread. See post below.

Jeff

planegoofy

Update and missing xorg dev directory....

#2 Post by planegoofy »

Hi all..

For anyone who may wonder, I figured out my problem with the kxdocker error abov. It is real simple, I was trying to save some time (being lazy :wink: ) and I just grabbed the slackware kde files and used mkkde to create the kde install. I obviously didn't think this strategy through to hard (as some may have already guessed) since all the file links in the slackware package point to the location of the required libraries within a typical slackware install and not the puppy install.... So after much frustration I realized I needed to compile KDE...

Well, that turned out to be fun in itself. First, we compiled QT 3.3.7 and along the way found out the split command was not included in 2.13. See this thread for the file:http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 46&t=14331 After getting the file qt compiled and then onto arts and kdelibs. They are now compiled and appear to be working.

I compiled kxdocker and have had little luck with it and am not really interested in spending any more time with it since it has little to no doc...

So I decided to continue with a new compile of KDE....

planegoofy

and now to thye missing dev files....

#3 Post by planegoofy »

Barry, et al.

So in trying to compile kdebase, I found that puppy is missing the /usr/X11R7/lib/X11/config directory is missing. The file Imake.tmpl is located in this directory and is required by imake for kde 3.5.6.

Barry, I don't know if you have this on your system from compiling xorg, but if you do, can you please post the files and possibly add it to the devx.sfs for 2.13/4 since these are needed for compiling some programs? Thanks.

Jeff

MU

#4 Post by MU »

it is in this package:
http://puptrix.org/isos/Puppy-2.10-Alpha/X11R7/
Do not install with PupGet.
Instead, extract files you need with pupzip or other unpackers.

Mark

planegoofy

Thanks!!!!

#5 Post by planegoofy »

Mark,

Thanks for the quick reply. I will try this tonight.

On another note, I will probably go through most of this excercise again when 2.14 is released with the devx code and use the new petget features to make dotpets of the various parts of kde and find somewhere to host them.

Maybe we can tie this in with mkkde to allow for an "unleashed" kde for puppy?

Jeff