Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Mon 12 Nov 2018, 16:16
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives
X-Slacko-4.4 with Xfce
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Page 70 of 80 [1198 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, ..., 78, 79, 80 Next
Pelo

PostPosted: Thu 21 Jul 2016, 03:16    Post subject: merci for the list.
Subject description: to give people an idea

merci for the list. What i mean, is that people reading the forum could choose between so many puppies first by what they offer to do with them.
Dowloading iSO to look inside is half a day of work. Unless you run them in virtual machine. The better would be that the menu was readable from the street, so that you don't need to enter the restaurant and ask for it.
Jenimah description was not bad
xtahr.jpg
 Description   Just screenshots are enough, for US and UK. description needed for foreigners
 Filesize   50.68 KB
 Viewed   140 Time(s)

xtahr.jpg

Last edited by Pelo on Fri 29 Jul 2016, 10:53; edited 1 time in total
mistfire

PostPosted: Thu 21 Jul 2016, 21:23    Post subject:  

@rg66 Its good that you are back. Can you please compile the latest version of parole which configured to use gstreamer 0.10? By the way, Is it possible to show mounted images in thunar. Just like on jejy69 xfce-based puppy?
Pelo

PostPosted: Fri 22 Jul 2016, 22:19    Post subject: XFmedia topic For slim puppies  

some people complain because i reactivate XFmedia topic here. Take a glance, and anwser if you agree about activating the how to do with Xfmedia. Click the blue.
xfmedia.jpg
 Description   dependancies
 Filesize   65.34 KB
 Viewed   134 Time(s)

xfmedia.jpg

Last edited by Pelo on Fri 29 Jul 2016, 10:35; edited 2 times in total
mistfire

PostPosted: Sat 23 Jul 2016, 04:58    Post subject:  

@Pelo xfmedia is good player, however the problem was poor playback of large mp4 players. I wonder if there is a better version for that .
Pelo

PostPosted: Tue 26 Jul 2016, 02:10    Post subject: problem would be more the computer RAM and Processor  

For large MP4 files, the problem is 'large' and 'mémoire tampon' used.
Mémoire tampon is as a swap.
I am not sure that other media players would do better, problem would be more the computer than the application. (Ram and processor)
I will test..

rg66

PostPosted: Wed 27 Jul 2016, 04:32    Post subject:  

mistfire wrote:
@rg66 Its good that you are back. Can you please compile the latest version of parole which configured to use gstreamer 0.10? By the way, Is it possible to show mounted images in thunar. Just like on jejy69 xfce-based puppy?

I tried to compile parole-0.8.1 but failed with too many errors. There's parole-0.5.4 in the repo, probably the last version for gtk-2.

Haven't figured out how to get ISO's to show in thunar, Tahr did it by default as well as slacko-5.7

mistfire

PostPosted: Wed 27 Jul 2016, 09:56    Post subject:  

rg66 wrote:
mistfire wrote:

I tried to compile parole-0.8.1 but failed with too many errors. There's parole-0.5.4 in the repo, probably the last version for gtk-2.

Haven't figured out how to get ISO's to show in thunar, Tahr did it by default as well as slacko-5.7

Thats a bad news. Do you have any ideas about gstreamer based player that can play audio CDs, DVD videos, audio files, and HD video files but as light as parole?
rg66

PostPosted: Wed 27 Jul 2016, 10:57    Post subject:  

mistfire wrote:
rg66 wrote:
mistfire wrote:

Thats a bad news. Do you have any ideas about gstreamer based player that can play audio CDs, DVD videos, audio files, and HD video files but as light as parole?

Not really, but have a look here: https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/apps/

mistfire

PostPosted: Wed 27 Jul 2016, 19:36    Post subject:  

Okay thank you. I noticed that xslacko fail to run X on radeon video cards because the radeon firmware is missing on x-slacko. Does Xorg driver can provide basic display on radeon video cards?

By the way a new version of slacko is on progress. Can you produce x-slacko version of new slacko version when its released?
gcmartin

PostPosted: Wed 27 Jul 2016, 19:58    Post subject:  

Is there any thoughts for X-Slacko on 32&64bit in the future?
rg66

PostPosted: Thu 28 Jul 2016, 00:40    Post subject:  

mistfire wrote:
Okay thank you. I noticed that xslacko fail to run X on radeon video cards because the radeon firmware is missing on x-slacko. Does Xorg driver can provide basic display on radeon video cards?

By the way a new version of slacko is on progress. Can you produce x-slacko version of new slacko version when its released?

Looks like billtoo has had Radeon working in X-slacko-4.x, see this post http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=898567#898567
Unfortunately, I don't have anything newer than a Radeon 9000 to test with.

I've been working on X-slacko-4.2 based on slacko-6.3.2-uefi which should be released in the next day or two. When a newer version is released, I will most likely do that as well.

No thoughts on 64bit as of yet, is there any advantage for a script based small and fast linux? 32bit will run on anything.

muggins

PostPosted: Thu 28 Jul 2016, 01:00    Post subject:  

Mistfire,

I don't know if it can use gstreamer, but have you tried xhippo?
peebee

PostPosted: Thu 28 Jul 2016, 02:14    Post subject:  

rg66 wrote:
No thoughts on 64bit as of yet, is there any advantage for a script based small and fast linux? 32bit will run on anything.

I'm with you on that - the only incentive I see to provide 64-bit are some apps from the big corporations like Google (Chrome has become 64-bit only) and Adobe (32-bit PepperFlash disappeared for a time) and MicroBloat (Skype is heading 64-bit only) and this tendency might increase.

bark_bark_bark

PostPosted: Fri 29 Jul 2016, 08:32    Post subject:  

peebee wrote:
rg66 wrote:

I'm with you on that - the only incentive I see to provide 64-bit are some apps from the big corporations like Google (Chrome has become 64-bit only) and Adobe (32-bit PepperFlash disappeared for a time) and MicroBloat (Skype is heading 64-bit only) and this tendency might increase.

Well Skype can be ran in browser.

mistfire

PostPosted: Fri 29 Jul 2016, 08:57    Post subject:  

@rg66 does the future release of x-slacko can boot on UEFI and also shows mounted disk images on thunar?
Page 70 of 80 [1198 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, ..., 78, 79, 80 Next
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives
Jump to: