Troubleshooting: Clonezilla, swapfile, 100% cpu usabe

Stuff that has yet to be sorted into a category.
noneo2

Troubleshooting: Clonezilla, swapfile, 100% cpu usabe

#1 Post by noneo2 »

Hi
Sorry for my english.
Can you help me with these problems with Puppy Linux trusty tahr 605 (WORK FROM USB STICK):

01. Puppy will not boot after CLONEZILLA instalation (from Ubuntu repository). I think this is X problem. When I boot with F2 nox it boots to console. When no F2, there is a info that X failed to start. xwin, xorgwizard wont work after info from console. One time with my previous tahrsave (with clonezilla installed) i had blinking cursor only (freezed laprop). CAN YOU HELP ME WITH THIS or recreate this situation? I want to use Clonezilla.

02. Puppy will freeze (htop: 100% cpu usage, memory stays at ~250mb of 768mb) after watching 30-40 min of online movie from browser (doesnt matter which browser. Tried Firefox, Palemoon etc) I think this may be problem with swapfile. In Windows 7 when i watch movie online, memory usage is 700-1200mb (i think browser takes 400mb, rest of it is plugin container)

03. What about swapfile. I KNOW main difference from other Linux distros is frugal install, saving programs and files to tahsave (if i delete my tahrsave i have clean, brand new install of Puppy) and WORKING FROM RAM. When swapfile is created? Is swapfile=my tahrsave??? (i dont think so) How to create swapfile (on USB) for tmp files (those from online movie from browser or any other tmp file). I read that Puppy use swap partition on hdd if it finds one (i dont have any). Does it mean that Puppy REWRITES for example hibernation file (stored in /SWAP from other distro for ex). Generally I want to have EVERYTHING ON USB STICK including swapfile.

Can You help?