Trouble with Skype 4.3.0.37 connecting?Here is a fix.

Using applications, configuring, problems
rockedge

Trouble with Skype 4.3.0.37 connecting?Here is a fix.

#1 Post by rockedge »

I began to have trouble with Skype 4.3.0.37 on Tahr 6.0.5 connecting in Chats individual or groups. Skype worked on Windows XP through Windows 10 and iOS but on Linux it just stopped working. I searched some and found a fix that I tried since nothing else so far worked. So I will pass this info on and hope it helps someone get the most out of Puppy Linux Tahr 6.0.5.

Start Skype and open any Chat window and use these commands.
To show details about your connection:

Code: Select all

/dumpmsnp

What was happening was that /dumpmsnp command was showing "LoggedOut", but I was online indicated by the Skype program.

System: MSNP: Connection Data:
To solve this "LoggedOut" issue, try this on any chat window:

/msnp24
and restart your Skype.

After restarting, /dumpmsnp output shows the following status:

System: MSNP: Connection Data (MSNP24):
Now the Chats, individual or in groups should work.
Good Luck.

OscarTalks

#2 Post by OscarTalks »

I have been told that Skype/Microsoft made some changes to their back end or server systems. I hardly ever use Skype and I thought that basic Skype calling was still OK but I do know that Skype integration on some websites (that use it for conferencing) has been broken for around a month or so and the web designers have not been able to fix it. This applies to Windows as well as Linux.
Oscar in England

rockedge

#3 Post by rockedge »

Maybe this has to do with this fix working:
On June 20, 2014, Microsoft announced the deprecation of the old Skype protocol. [...] The new Skype protocol - Microsoft Notification Protocol 24 - promises better offline messaging and better messages synchronization across Skype devices.
My Skype on Windows and iOS works with Chat well. So did the Linux version until recently.I think the /msnp24 switches the protocol that the account uses....maybe....I am not sure why it works again for sure........but it is working on my tahr 6.0.5 frugal install completely and smoothly now that I tried these commands and looked, changed the protocol and then restarted.