Woof-CE Puppy builder

Under development: PCMCIA, wireless, etc.
bigpup

Woof-CE Puppy builder

#1 Post by bigpup »

To submit to Woof-CE

Go here:
https://github.com/puppylinux-woof-CE/woof-CE
Select "new pull request"
Supply the needed information. New code, file, suggestion, etc......

As I understand. If it is something that is accepted by the Woof-CE team members, it will be added to Woof-CE.
May also get more input, from others, and modified, before adding to Woof-CE. Depends on what it is.

Example pull request:
https://github.com/puppylinux-woof-CE/w ... issues/730
The things they do not tell you, are usually the clue to solving the problem.
When I was a kid I wanted to be older.... This is not what I expected :shock:
YaPI(any iso installer)

bigpup

#2 Post by bigpup »

Woof-CE is what is used to build a new version of Puppy.
Submit known bug fixes, updates to core Puppy programs,
suggested changes that you know work, code clean up, tweaking to improve how Puppy works, known needed drivers, needed hardware support files, etc......

Anything that you feel will make the next version of Puppy work better and support the past, present, and future hardware.

You would think at some point, there would be nothing to add, tweak, or fix.
I am still waiting for that to happen. :shock: :lol:

We all make Puppy :!:
Be part of the solution :!: :idea:
The things they do not tell you, are usually the clue to solving the problem.
When I was a kid I wanted to be older.... This is not what I expected :shock:
YaPI(any iso installer)

jlst

#3 Post by jlst »

I see the DISTRO_PKGS_SPECS files have many commented out entries, many of them correspond to defunct software or some other stuff that is unlikely to be used anymore.

So we need to delete some entries to keep the db clean and readable, and to be able to split it into different variables or "groups"... i'll talk about this later (i'll explain).

This method is invasive.. requires some attention... so basically the builders should comment here.. the official ones are... 01micko, 666philb and iguleder?
Last edited by jlst on Thu 23 Jun 2016, 22:46, edited 1 time in total.

jlst

#4 Post by jlst »

Should the next slacko version be an hybrid between the classic slacko and lxpup?

jlst

#5 Post by jlst »

One big problem that woofce faces is that 99.99% of puppy users don't have a clue of how git works, so I offer my help to anyone willing to send me patches, files, suggestions, etc.
Last edited by jlst on Thu 23 Jun 2016, 22:57, edited 2 times in total.

jlst

#6 Post by jlst »

Who do you think will win the Copa America Centenario?

Keef

#7 Post by Keef »

I noticed in this example that lines 3 to 38 could be chopped. Just notes about additions and changes, and all at leat 3 years old. That's about all I have to offer really. But I might have a go with Woof-CE again soon.

Copa America Centenario?
Mexico would be nice.
Or Peru. I've happy memories of the World Cup in '78.

Sailor Enceladus

#8 Post by Sailor Enceladus »

jlst wrote:I see the DISTRO_PKGS_SPECS files have many commented out entries, many of them correspond to defunct software or some other stuff that is unlikely to be used anymore.

So we need to delete some entries to keep the db clean and readable, and to be able to split it into different variables or "groups"... i'll talk about this later (i'll explain).

This method is invasive.. requires some attention... so basically the builders should comment here.. the official ones are... 01micko, 666philb and iguleder?
I sorted out the current failed downloads in slacko 6.3.2 32-bit (moved them to the bottom in a different DEAD_PKGS='')
Attachments
DISTRO_PKGS_SPECS-slackware-14.1.tar.gz
155 out of 863 didn't download, not too bad actually
(8.27 KiB) Downloaded 160 times