Gxine 0.5.9 crashes

Please post any bugs you have found
Paul_L

Gxine 0.5.9 crashes

#1 Post by Paul_L »

I have just installed the latest version of Puppy Linux 2.13. Configured Alsa and the network i/f ok. XfreeCD plays CD's OK. Problem is with Gxine.

If I click the icon to load it it loads fine and dispaly's its version no. If I click on File - CD the CD is recognised - the title shows and just at the moment I would expect to hear something the dialog window vanishes. I have tried different sound sources and exactly the same thing happens each time.

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#2 Post by Flash »

The first time Gxine plays a CD, or a playlist of mp3 files, it works fine, If I don't close and restart Gxine after it finishes the CD or mp3 playlist, it crashes the moment it starts to play a new playlist.
[url=http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=69321][color=blue]Puppy Help 101 - an interactive tutorial for Lupu 5.25[/color][/url]

Paul_L

GXine 0.5.9 crashes

#3 Post by Paul_L »

I am a bit of aneebie at Linux but I will try installing this. IN the bug fixes it mentions fixing crashes due to misidentifying files.

paullecorde

#4 Post by paullecorde »

I have installed puppy 2.13 seamonkey. I have installed all the extra codices and installed mplayer. Gxine is having problems with streaming audio such as VirginRadio.co.uk. Other streams play fine. When I try to watch streaming video from CNN. I get the attached error messages. I have read the message about a missing link to lib.X11.so and tried to create this link. gxine now passes the health test but still i get the error message. I am using a Del OptiPlex with Alsa set to cs4243. when i run zmixer the master volume is all the way down and will not move. I don't know if that is part of the problem or not, but am adding it just in case.

Using mplayer instead is not a good alternative either because mplayer and the browser both crash to desktop on the same video. gxine will at least play the video but not the sound and the browser does not crash.

Has anyone else had this problem or have any suggestions on how to fix it?

Thanks for your help!

Paul

BarryK
Puppy Master

#5 Post by BarryK »

Gxine 0.5.9 (and the version we used before that) crashes when I try to play a DVD on my laptop. But, the same DVD plays fine on my desktop PC.

Gxine 0.5.10 is out, will try that.

J_Rey

#6 Post by J_Rey »

gxine 0.5.11 and xine-lib 1.1.4 newly at http://www.xinehq.de/