Audio player applications - THE LIST

How to do things, solutions, recipes, tutorials
disciple

#21 Post by disciple »

Does anyone happen to know of a "directory player" comparable to the Windows program 1by1 (by the maker of mp3directcut)?
And yes, I know it works in Wine.
There is/was a plugin for deadbeef called "directory browser" or something, but it won't advance to another folder once it has played everything in a directory.
And there was a little program posted on QT-apps, but I couldn't get it to work (I think because it only works via some QT multimedia framework which expects the files in one particular folder and which I haven't got working on my machine).
Do you know a good gtkdialog program? Please post a link here

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER

smokey01

#22 Post by smokey01 »

disciple wrote:Does anyone happen to know of a "directory player" comparable to the Windows program 1by1 (by the maker of mp3directcut)?
I don't know how it compares but vlc will play directories of files.

Semme

#23 Post by Semme »

Disciple, DB (v0.6.2) multiple directory play and advancement works for me aboard Tahr-605.

You've got which version aboard which pup?

Pelo

PPM Puppy Precise 5.4.3

#24 Post by Pelo »

exaile will work downloaded from PPM Puppy Precise 5.4.3 by adding qt4-4.8.0.sfs: 18 M
Attachments
exaile.jpg
Songs downloaded but purchased (cheap)
(68.65 KiB) Downloaded 596 times

Pelo

Atunes 2.1.0 tested on Slacko 5.3.3 XFCE

#25 Post by Pelo »

Atunes 2.1.0 tested on Slacko 5.3.3 XFCE (French version by JeJY 69 before american LXpups)

atunes-2.1.0|atunes|2.1.0|1sl|Multimedia|27810K|multimedia/atunes/2.1.0|atunes-2.1.0-i686-1sl.txz|+cxxlibs,+,+gcc,+glibc-solibs,+libX11,+libXau,+libXdmcp,+libxcb|Java Audio Player and Manager|slackware|13.37||
Attachments
LecteurMP3.png
puppy_slacko_5.3.3.sfs
(44.32 KiB) Downloaded 546 times

Pelo

Quodlibet will run on new XFCE Puppies (experiments)

#26 Post by Pelo »

Quodlibet will run on new XFCE Puppies (experiments) as Slim X-slacko by Mistfire.
Attachments
Quodlibet.jpg
Point = tested ok
(55.57 KiB) Downloaded 485 times

darkcity

#27 Post by darkcity »

Robert123

#28 Post by Robert123 »

Thank you Darkcity a very cool wiki entry - looks great thank you.
Devuan Linux, Stardust 013 (4.31) updated [url]https://archive.org/details/Stardustpup013glibc2.10[/url]
s57(2018)barebone[url]https://sourceforge.net/projects/puppy-linux-minimal-builds/files/s57%282018%29barebones.iso/download[/url]

Pelo

Mistfire intends to provides XFCE mixer

#29 Post by Pelo »

Mistfire intends to provides XFCE mixer for his (numerous) passengers..
Caution : keep your Slim XFCE ... Slim ! Well this mixer is not a lot of MBs... GO ! Geoffrey offers necessary pets.
X-Slacko Slim is Low-cost, but not Low-Quality... Useless stuff withdrawn is replaced by nice applications, perhaps unknown by most of you.
Audacious : our french disk-jockey Medor has a version 3.7.2 available in his suitcase, for his Slaxen. Ask him if he would agree on sharing it with you..
Attachments
7 seconds.jpg
Passenger will have to set the mixer himself.
(50.19 KiB) Downloaded 364 times

Pelo

Ten years after

#30 Post by Pelo »

Ten years after Pelo is the first passenger to feed-back that Jampa works very well, not rusted
Jampas is forgotten in 'unsorted' section. Click the blues 'Ten Years After', in fact only seven years have passed.
Why : passengers want music players, Devs produce Puppies and puppies with always the same Gnome-Mplayer. or pMusic. They are not bad. But some 'walks on the wild side' would enjoy people.
Attachments
Nougaro.jpg
Nougat York, une chansong de Nougaro
(122.06 KiB) Downloaded 257 times