Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Wed 19 Jun 2019, 01:20
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Projects » Localization Project
Chinese Language Pets
Moderators: Lobster, MU, raffy
Page 25 of 37 [544 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, ..., 35, 36, 37 Next
csshin

PostPosted: Sat 23 Apr 2016, 13:30    Post subject: Half chinese package for Quirky 8.0
Subject description: Half chinese package for Quirky 8.0

Dear icake,

BarryK has just released a new quirky 8.0.

Which half-Chinese package should I use if I want to install fcitx and Chinese support for it?

Thanks for your advice in advance.
icake

PostPosted: Sun 24 Apr 2016, 08:31    Post subject: Chinese Language Pets
Subject description: Coming soon : removal of sharing space for Chinese language pets

The 1,000 Chinese Language pets I created are being shared in 2 places: baidu and OneDrive. I have just received notice from OneDrive (MS Outlook) that the free space offered will be reduced from 15G to 5G effective July 1, 2016. Because 5G is not enough to hold all the Chinese Language pets, I have decided:
a. to stop updating the Chinese Language pets stored in OneDrive effective today (April 24, 2016)
b. to remove all the Chinese Language pets stored on OneDrive on May 24, 2016

This will not affect the Chinese Language pets publicly shared under baidu.
icake

PostPosted: Sun 24 Apr 2016, 08:45    Post subject: Chinese Language Pets
Subject description: Quirky64 8.0 Chinese language pets

Quote:
Which half-Chinese package should I use if I want to install fcitx and Chinese support for it?

Because Quirky64 8.0 has modified its file structure compared to its earlier versions, new Chinese language pets have to be created.

I have uploaded 4 new Chinese language pets for quirky64 8.0 to baidu (please see post 1 for download addresses):

Half-Chinese language pets:
fcitx64_4.2.7-en-zh-raring-13.0.10.pet
scim64_1.4.14_en-zh-raring-13.0.10.pet

Chinese Language pets:
quirky64-8.0-zhhk-13.0.10.pet
quirky64-8.0-zhcn-13.0.10.pet

Last edited by icake on Sun 24 Apr 2016, 21:11; edited 1 time in total
csshin

PostPosted: Sun 24 Apr 2016, 20:40    Post subject: Chinese Language Pets
Subject description: Quirky64 8.0 Chinese language pets

Dear icake,

Thanks a lot.
icake

PostPosted: Sun 08 May 2016, 08:05    Post subject: Chinese Language Pets
Subject description: New Sharing files at Google drive

Further to my message on April 27 about the scheduled removal of all the public share Chinese Language pets from One Drive on May 24, 2016, I have posted 1,119 files to Google drive for public sharing:

1. 半中文包_Half-Chinese Language pets: https://goo.gl/kdfkFG
Total 165 files

2. 繁體中文包_Traditonal Chinese Language pets_繁体中文包: https://goo.gl/7CcfLz
Total 422 files

3. 简体中文包_Simplified Chinese Language pets_簡體中文包: https://goo.gl/DgVp8y
Total 431 files

4.中文包使用手册_Users Manuals for Chinese Language pets: https://goo.gl/p2vs0F
Total 16 files and old_files folder with another 47 files

5. 其他芭比包_Other Puppy pets: https://goo.gl/n3ZTJ3
Total 25 files

6. multiboot_usb: https://goo.gl/8Xk7U3
Total 6 img files, 6 img.md5.txt and 1 readme_ub_all_01.pdf
Cow

PostPosted: Thu 30 Jun 2016, 08:57    Post subject: problem of installing fcitx in slacko64 bit 6.3.0  

I uses the slacko64 bit 6.3.0 puppy. I installed the fcitx64_4.2.7-en-zh-raring-13.1.0.pet.
The fcitx can start up and work.
BUT, I could not get the English input mode.
From the fcitx console message , I see the below line:
(ERROR-27158 /build/buildd/fcitx-4.2.7/src/lib/fcitx/ime.c:281) IM: open /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/fcitx/fcitx-keyboard.so fail /usr/lib64/../lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version `CXXABI_1.3.8' not found (required by /usr/lib64/libicuuc.so.52)

From the fcitx config tool, I could not see the Keyboard IM.

I dig further, and find that in the original system, there is the /usr/lib64/libstdc++.so.6 linking to libstdc++.so.6.0.18
After installing fcitx64_4.2.7-en-zh-raring-13.1.0.pet, it creates /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6 linking to libstdc++.so.6.0.20.

Not sure if that 's the cause of the ERROR.

Please help
icake

PostPosted: Tue 05 Jul 2016, 04:06    Post subject: problems with slacko64 630
Subject description: unable to input English mode

Thanks for reporting issues for Puppy slacko64 630 + Chinese language pet fcitx64-en-zh-raring-13.1.0.pet. Also thanks for spending time looking into the possible causes of the issues.

My first step was to repeat your findings on my computers but unfortunately it failed me. You mentioned that:
Quote:
BUT, I could not get the English input mode.

However after I installed fcitx64-en-zh-raring-13.1.0.pet to slacko64 630 (on 2 different computers), I was able to input Chinese, I also could exit Chinese input and then input English. However, the Chinese input could not be restarted by Ctrl+space. Instead, I had to restart window manager (in terminal, restartwm).

During the process, I also noticed that slacko64 630 was not stable and not consistent (at least on my 2 computers). Sometimes, after installed the fcitx64-en-zh-raring-13.1.0.pet and restarted window manager, the desktop menu panels all disappeared and the desk top had only partition icons and nothing else, a right click on an empty area of the desktop also had no pop up menus. But on another run with exactly the same setup, everything was normal again.

Because of this inconsistency and random behavior between one run and the next, I am of the opinion that slacko64 630 is not a system that we should spend more time on. If you have other new discoveries, please let us know.
icake

PostPosted: Thu 29 Sep 2016, 11:14    Post subject: Chinese Language Pets
Subject description: Slacko 6.3.2 Chinese Language pets

As requested by hacker85 on Sep 20, 2016 in the Chinese Forum, I have created 4 new Chinese Language pets for slacko 32 bit 6.3.2:

1. half-Chinese language pets:
enable you to display and input Chinese under slacko 6.3.2:

a. fcitx input platform:
fcitx_4.2.0-en-zh-precise-12.2.0.pet (19 mb)
with 16 Chinese input methods (please see posting dated 19 Feb,2015 for more details)

b. scim input platform:
scim_1.4.9-en-zh-precise-12.2.0.pet (22 mb)
with 23 Chinese input methods (please see posting dated 19 Feb,2015 for more details)

2. Chinese language pets (require the prior installation of an half-Chinese language pet, either item a or b above):
enable you to display Chinese in desktop menus, sub-menus, icon labels

c. Simplified Chinese:
slacko-6.3.2-zhcn-12.2.0.pet (2.5 mb)

d. Traditional Chinese:
slacko-6.3.2-zhhk-12.2.0.pet (2.0 mb)

All these half-Chinese and Chinese language pets are now available for download from the public sharing folders. Please see the first posting for download addresses.
icake

PostPosted: Sun 09 Oct 2016, 09:22    Post subject: Chinese Language Pets
Subject description: slacko64 6.3.2 Chinese Language pets

Further to my posting dated Sep 29, 2016 about Chinese Language pets for slacko 6.3.2 32-bit, I have created Chinese Language pets for 64-bit slacko 6.3.2.

1. half-Chinese language pets:
enable you to display and input Chinese language under 64-bit slacko 6.3.2

a. fcitx input platform:
fcitx64_4.2.7-en-zh-raring-13.1.0.pet (21 mb)
with 16 Chinese input methods ( for more details, please see post dated Feb 4 and 12, 2015)

b. SCIM input platform:
scim64_1.4.14-en-zh-raring-13.1.0.pet (18 mb)
with 23 Chinese input methods ( for more details, please see post dated Feb 6 and 13, 2015)

2. Chinese language pets (require the prior installation of an half-Chinese language pet, item a or b above):
enable you to display Chinese in desktop menus, sub-menus, icon labels

c.Simplified Chinese:
slacko64-6.3.2-zhcn-13.1.0.pet (2.2 mb)

d. Traditional Chinese:
slacko64-6.3.2-zhhk-13.1.0.pet (1.7 mb)

All these half-Chinese and Chinese language pets are now available for download from the public sharing folders. Please see the first posting for download addresses.
icake

PostPosted: Mon 21 Nov 2016, 22:57    Post subject: Chinese language pets
Subject description: xenial 7.0.3 and 7.0.4 Simplified and Traditional Chinese pets

At the request of a member in the Chinese Puppy Linux forum, I have created and uploaded the following Chinese language pets for xenial 7.0.3 and 7.0.4 to the public sharing folders:

fcitx_4.2.7-en-zh-xenial-16.0.0.pet (24.6 mb)
fcitx_4.2.7-en-zh-xenial-16.0.1.pet (24.6 mb)
scim_1.4.14-en-zh-xenial-16.0.0.pet (22.1 mb)
scim_1.4.14-en-zh-xenial-16.0.1.pet (22.1 mb)
xenialpup-7.0.3-zhcn-16.0.0.pet (3.4 mb)
xenialpup-7.0.3-zhhk-16.0.0.pet (3.0 mb)
xenialcsip-7.0.4-zhcn-16.0.1.pet (5.1 mb)
xenialcsip-7.0.4-zhhk-16.0.1.pet (4.6 mb)

To use:
(a)
fcitx_4.2.7-en-zh-xenial-16.0.0.pet and
scim_1.4.14-en-zh-xenial-16.0.0.pet

enable you to display and input Chinese in xenial 7.0.3 (from xenial-7.0.3.iso) using fcitx or scim

xenialpup-7.0.3-zhcn-16.0.0.pet and
xenialpup-7.0.3-zhhk-16.0.0.pet

give you Simplified Chinese or Traditional Chinese menus, icon labels for xenial 7.0.3

(b)
fcitx_4.2.7-en-zh-xenial-16.0.1.pet and
scim_1.4.14-en-zh-xenial-16.0.1.pet

enable you to display and input Chinese in xenial 7.0.4 (from xenial-7.0.4CsipeszModEngHun2016Sept.iso) using fcitx or scim

xenialpup-7.0.4-zhcn-16.0.1.pet and
xenialpup-7.0.4-zhhk-16.0.1.pet

give you Simplified Chinese or Traditional Chinese menus, icon labels for xenial 7.0.4

Please see the first post of this subject for more details and download addresses.
icake

PostPosted: Sat 31 Dec 2016, 14:55    Post subject: Chinese language pets
Subject description: yong input method platform (小小输入法) Chinese language pets

The yong Chinese input platform (小小輸入法平台) was first released by dgod(周永) in 2008.

Key features:
provides an input platform for users to enter non-English words using the English keyboard including Chinese, Japanese and Korean

runs on Windows, Linux, Android
free to use
source codes were initially not released, in June 2016 most linux codes were openly released by the author
latest version has six input methods: erbi (二笔), gbk (内码), pinyin (拼音), wubi (五笔), yong (永码), zhengma (郑码)

most files are in gb18030 code (Simplified Chinese)
modified versions are available on the web created and released by others, with more choices on skins, input methods and better support for utf8 and Traditional Chinese (e.g. from terry hung (泰瑞), jerry jian (簡睿) and thhui)
has an option to run on the go allowing users to run from an USB without system installation
word association (聯想字) is available to all input methods

advantages comparing to fcitx and SCIM:
very small in size, needs least resources and runs a lot quicker and smoother
easiest to add another input method, ideal platform for tailor made or DIY input methods
adding input method does not need compilation, just add a text file with input method codes and edit a text configuration file
can run on Windows, Linux and Android
identical input method code and phrase files can be used in different devices making maintenance and synchronization across different operation systems very easy

more information and download the yong input method platform:
http://yongim.ys168.com/
included in the download package is a chm help file with more details about the yong input method platform

I have created a Chinese language pet for the yong Chinese input method platform: yong3264_2.4.0-en-zh-10.0.0.pet (8.8 mb)

key features of this Chinese language pet:
based on yong version 2.4.0 released in 2016
includes six input methods: erbi (二笔), gbk (内码), pinyin (拼音), wubi (五笔), yong (永码), zhengma (郑码)

comes with Chinese font file wqy-microhei.ttf
enables user to display and input Chinese under many English Puppy systems
tested to work on many precise, raring and xenial based English Puppy systems, both 32 and 64 bit, including:
32 bit systems:
lxxenial 16.08.2
precise 5.7.1
slackoc 16.02.3
xslacko 4.2

64 bit systems:
achromlite64
desktop64 1.5.7
tahr64 6.0.5
xenial64 7.0.7

to use:
download the pet
run an English Puppy system and install the pet by double click on the pet file
when installation has finished, X will restart automatically
after X restart, a yong logo will appear in the lower right tray and yong is ready to use

open any application that allows user input (e.g. geany, leafpad, libreoffice, browser window)

move cursor to the user input window, press "control" + "space" together

a yong input tray will appear in the lower right hand corner indicating that the yong input platform is activated

to select your preferred input method, right click near the right edge of the yong logo

move the cursor to 'input methods (輸入法)' on the first selection window, and a sub-menu will appear showing the available input methods

move the cursor to the name of the desired input method, left click mouse to select that input method

move the cursor to the input window of the application and start input Chinese

after the first stroke, the available to select Chinese words will appear in a word selection window

you can move the target word from the selection window to the user input area by either
a. press the number code before the target word (1,2,3...9,0)
b. move the mouse over the target word and then left click the mouse

known issues:
cannot run in urxvt terminal for some 64 bit Puppy (temporary solution is to use it in lxterminal, which is included in the yong3264_2.4.0-en-zh-10.0.0.pet
cannot run in certain applications (issues and solutions quoted from http://jdev.tw/blog/4852/yong-ime-2-4-0 by jerry jian 簡睿)
a. libreoffice
need to add lines in /root/.yong/class.txt file:
# LibreOffice
SALFRAME KEY
b. ConEmu
need to add lines in /root/.yong/class.txt file:
# ConEmu
VirtualConsoleClass KEY

advance usage:
I have found 3 modified versions of yong input method platform done by terry hung (泰瑞);jerry jian (簡睿) and thhui
These modified versions provide more choices for input methods, skins; better support for utf8 and Traditional Chinese
I have also created a Chinese language pet for each of these versions:
terry hung: yong3264_th_2016.11.5-en-zh-10.0.0.pet (8.0 mb)
with 9 input methods:
Chajei0 (泰瑞倉頡); Chajei1 (倉頡聯想); Chajei2 (倉頡注音); Array (行列30); Dayi (大易四碼); Boshiamy (無蝦米); Pin (漢語拼音); Phon (泰瑞注音); Japan (日文)

jerry jian: yong3264_thjj_2016.7.29-en-zh-10.0.0.pet (8.6 mb)
with 11 input methods:
Chajei0 (泰瑞倉頡); Chajei1 (倉頡聯想); Chajei2 (倉頡注音); Array (行列30); Dayi (大易四碼); Boshiamy (無蝦米); Pin (漢語拼音); Phon (泰瑞注音); Japan (日文); Jerry_CJ (簡睿倉頡聯想); Dayi3 (大易三碼 )

thhui: yong3264_thth_2014.8.5-en-zh-10.0.0.pet (9.6 mb)
with 14 input methods:
Chajei0 (泰瑞倉頡); Chajei1 (倉頡聯想); Array (行列30); Dayi (大易四碼); Boshiamy (無蝦米); Pin (漢拼(帶調)); Phon (泰瑞注音); Japan (日文); Quick3HK (香港簡易速成); Hangul (韓文); NCJ7 (NewCJ7); ncj63 (newcj63); Canton (港拼); Pinyin (漢拼(無調))

All these pets will enable you to display and input Chinese (and Japanese or Korean) in the English Puppy system.
But the desktop and menus are still in English
If you also want to change the desktop, menus, sub-menus into Chinese, you can install the relevant Chinese language pets for the Puppy system.
Two examples:
if you are running slackoc 16.02.3 or tahr64 6.0.5
by installing yong3264_2.4.0-en-zh-10.0.0.pet, you can display and input Chinese in the English system. But the desktop and menus are still in English
if you further install the relevant Chinese language pets for your system, you will also have Chinese desktop and menus in your system.
the relevant Chinese language pets are:
slackoc 16.02.3 (Simplified Chinese: slacko-16.02.03-zhcn-13.0.2.pet; Traditional Chinese: slacko-16.02.03-zhhk-13.0.2.pet); and
tahr64 6.0.5 (Simplified Chinese: tahr64-6.0.5-zhcn-13.0.9.pet; Traditional Chinese: tahr64-6.0.5-zhhk-13.0.9.pet)
(please note: you must first install yong3264_2.4.0-en-zh-10.0.0.pet to get the Chinese input method and Chinese fonts first, otherwise, the zhhk and zhcn Chinese language pets will not be fully functional)

to download the 4 yong Chinese language pets for Puppy systems:
https://goo.gl/QnrB0i
https://pan.baidu.com/s/1hsKAUiC

for more information and download the 4 original yong Chinese input method platforms :
a. yong input method platform (小小输入法):
release notes and download: http://yongim.ys168.com/

b. yong input method platform with terry hung modifications (泰瑞版小小輸入法):
release notes: http://terryhung.pixnet.net/blog/post/26968247
download: https://www.sendspace.com/file/isofvg

c. yong input method platform with terry hung and jerry jian modifications (簡睿版小小輸入法) for windows only:
release notes: http://jdev.tw/blog/4852/yong-ime-2-4-0
download: http://bit.ly/2aDI9KS

d. yong input method platform with terry hung and thhui modifications (改良版小小輸入法) for windows only:
release notes:http://computer.discuss.com.hk/viewthread.php?tid=23096741
download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4GQBWovm6BYOTJaQnJ1a21mWmM/edit

for more information and download addresses for the Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese language pets, please see the first post in this forum.
icake

PostPosted: Thu 12 Jan 2017, 22:04    Post subject: yong input method platform小小輸入法平台(yimp) help file
Subject description: adding of English and Traditional Chinese help files to yimp

To facilitate more new users to tryout the yong input method platform (小小輸入法平台), I have modified the Simplified Chinese help file included in its package by adding translated English and Traditional Chinese sections. This Simplified Chinese, English and Traditional Chinese all in one help file (yimp_help_004.html) is now available for download from:
stemsee

PostPosted: Fri 13 Jan 2017, 09:05    Post subject:  

Hi icake

Thanks for your continued work.

I could not get the simplified chinese yong input methods to work after install. The modified traditional chinese packages installed and worked fine, but I need only simpliffied chinese on fatdog 64 710 and just lighthouse.

I had tried installing fcitx and scim but could not get them to function. Yong functioned immediately after changing local and chinese keyboard in jlh, but not fatdog. I tried half-chinese packages and also simplified packages.

I did get jlh system into chinese but only with working yong traditional input method. It is the only package that flawlessly installs the chinese font system wide and corrected chrome showing blocks instead of chinese characters.

I have spent quite a bit of time on this, and any help greatly appreciated.

stemsee
icake

PostPosted: Sat 14 Jan 2017, 11:24    Post subject: Simplified Chinese Language pets
Subject description: fatdog64 710 and just lighthouse 702b2

To facilitate our discussions, let me define some terms first.

Half-Chinese pets will give you the Chinese fonts plus a Chinese input method (fcitx, scim or yong) but the desktop menus, sub-menus, icon labels, pop-up tips are still in English.

Chinese pets will do the rest, giving you Chinese menus, sub-menus, icons labels, pop-up tips. But these rely on the half-Chinese pets for the Chinese fonts and the Chinese input methods.

From what I understand, you are trying to display and input Simplified Chinese on fatdog 64 710 and just lighthouse. Therefore you just need the half-Chinese pets and not the Chinese pets.

for fatdog 64 710:
1. fcitx half-Chinese pet: fd64-7.0.1-fcitx64_4.2.7-en-zh-raring-13.0.3.txz

2. scim half-Chinese pet: fd64-7.0.1-scim64-1.4.14-en-zh-raring-13.0.3.txz

3. yong half-Chinese pet: I was hoping to create one before getting back to you. But after spending about 5 hours on it, I decided to stop and get back to you first. My status of the yong pet on fatdog64 710 is:

a. yong can start in terminal, geany, libreoffice (word, cal, etc)

b. yong cannot start in seamonkey browser.

If you are happy with fcitx and scim, I am not going to spend more time on yong.

for just lighthouse (7.0.0, 7.0.0f and 7.0.2b2):

1. fcitx half-Chinese pet: fcitx64_4.2.7-en-zh-raring-13.1.1.pet

2. scim half-Chinese pet: scim64_1.4.14-en-zh-raring-13.1.1.pet

3. yong half-Chinese pet:
yong3264_2.4.0-en-zh-10.0.0.pet
yong3264_th_2016.11.5-en-zh-10.0.0.pet
yong3264_thjj_2.16.7.29-en-zh-10.0.0.pet
yong3264_thth_2014.8.5-en-zh-10.0.0.pet

The fcitx and scim pets and txzes are available for download from:
https://goo.gl/kdfkFG
http://pan.baidu.com/s/1pJjrVGR

The yong pets are available for download from:

Hope you will find these helpful.

Last edited by icake on Sat 14 Jan 2017, 21:10; edited 1 time in total
stemsee

PostPosted: Sat 14 Jan 2017, 20:01    Post subject:  

Thanks for your reply.

I was not able so far able to start any input method other than yong. I noticed the keyboard key combinations for starting them but I must be doing something wrong. Could you detail exactly how to invoke an input method other than yong. Yong input methods seems easiest to start for this novice.

I am definetely happiest with yong. But my chinese friend says none of the words she expected came up first. She is used to sogou pinyin.

Which method is closest to sogou pinyin and how to invoke. I wonder if in justlighthouse sven or other preset keyboard shortcuts are blocking the input methods from starting. I did read through your previous posts for fatdog and justlighthouse (I am not being lazy asking you again!).

Would it be an unreasonable request to ask you to make available a pre-made fatdog 710 iso in full Chinese, as I assume you have them on your system. That would be wonderful!

stemsee
Page 25 of 37 [544 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, ..., 35, 36, 37 Next
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Projects » Localization Project
Jump to: