Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Fri 20 Sep 2019, 18:48
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Network
Samba version 4.1.9 trimmed version for pup releases
Page 3 of 3 [34 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3
ETP

PostPosted: Thu 09 Jul 2015, 08:50    Post subject: Samba version 4.1.9 64bit Slimmed down version  

Samba version 4.1.9 64bit Slimmed down version

@ All,

The SS below attempts to clarify what BK has done in his Experimental Quirky April 7.0.4.1 x86_64 k 3.19.2.
It shows his use of symlinked folders which as xanad has commented, can cause problems when trying to create
pets for it. In addition there is the /var issue which means that not everything that you would wish to
survive a reboot does so.
The 64bit pet has all sorts of missing libs issues in Rapid Pup & does not work OOTB.
My inclination is that BK's Pups should be excluded from this Samba exercise as there
are too many potential problems.
As for Rapid V2 which is presently the only spin-off, if anyone ever expresses a need to "share" I am
quite happy to explore other means of doing so.
image-1.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   72.99 KB
 Viewed   541 Time(s)

image-1.jpg

Kennels
mikeb

PostPosted: Fri 10 Jul 2015, 03:23    Post subject:  

Quote:
My inclination is that BK's Pups should be excluded from this Samba exercise as there
are too many potential problems.

Well I am inclined to agree...and as mentioned a system this oddball is going to cause problems with other software and not just SAMBA...unless of course YOU sort it out which is probably a good idea and often the way with puppy leftovers. Smile

mike
gcmartin

PostPosted: Fri 10 Jul 2015, 12:20    Post subject: SSM is a superior credit to assuring smooth starts and use.  

@01Micko's Simple SAMBA Management utility (the Menu item at Menu>Network>SSM) which is included and expanded here, is one of the best creations for getting everyone started and tested on their sharing of content to their LAN.

This is why this Packaging is superior! Nice work all around.

Marv

PostPosted: Fri 25 Mar 2016, 09:18    Post subject: Samba Simple Management Utility  

For my own use I have added trusted network capability to 01mickos GUI. It detects the subnet and offers that as the default trusted network with the capability to fall back to the default smb.conf by entering all or to use any hosts allow definitions ok with samba. It's a first cut with an admittedly awkward awk Smile but is working ok on my NAS box in the slacko based OS. I've tested going back and forth between the stock smb.conf and the hosts allow addition with it and it seems ok. I use the NAS box as a test mule and it simplifies samba setup and (now I think) does all that is needed for a home share setup. Make executable & goes in /usr/sbin.

Submitted as a possibility only.
samba.sh.gz
Description  trusted network added
gz

Download 
Filename  samba.sh.gz 
Filesize  3.62 KB 
Downloaded  273 Time(s) 
Screenshot.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   46.95 KB
 Viewed   306 Time(s)

Screenshot.jpg

Pups currently in kennel Very Happy LxPupSc and X-slacko-4.4 for my users; LxPupSc, LxPupSc64, LxPupBionic and upupdd for me. All good pups indeed, and all running savefiles for look'n'feel only. Browsers, etc. solely from SFS.
Page 3 of 3 [34 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Network
Jump to: