Shuttle USB WiFi adapter PN15 is not found

askg

Shuttle USB WiFi adapter PN15 is not found

#1 Post by askg »

Hi,

I am playing with Puppy 2.13, and having much fun with it too! But the Wireless networking doesn't work. The doghouse is a Shuttle 62K with 1 GB RAM.

I tried to read the driver from the CDROM that came with the adapter by way of ndiswrapper. The wizard couldn't find it since it looks for .inf files. These are hidden in .cab files on the CDROM, files that gets installed by autorun.inf. Under Windows there is one driver file:
C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\AWUSGA02.sys

Is that the one to use?

I am embarrassed to admit that I have not yet found how to mount the NTFS harddrive. So I need a little help on that one too.

rgds,
Gösta Ask

sailorbear2004

#2 Post by sailorbear2004 »

I don't know how to take apart cab files, but for my belkin wireless cards I used the install disc and installed it to a desktop windows machine, copied the directory with the windows program, drivers etc onto a flash drive and then I keep a copy and just move the driver directory into puppy-reference directory each time I reinstall. I also tried downloading from the manufacturer but got the exe files. I have a drivers sub-directory with the *.inf *.sys and *.cat files in it. then I uninstall the program from the windows machine as soon as I copy the files. When you run the network wizard then you can point it to the *.inf file. I have put the driver directory in a lot of spots but have put it in puppy-reference recently so I remember where it is.

askg

Re: Shuttle USB WiFi adapter PN15 is not found

#3 Post by askg »

askg wrote:Hi,
I tried to read the driver from the CDROM that came with the adapter by way of ndiswrapper. The wizard couldn't find it since it looks for .inf files.
I managed to find drivers that should be suitable, .inf files and all, at
http://iogear.com/main.php?loc=dm&drive ... 13#display

ndiswrapper seemed to accept them. Still no eth1 though. And looking at /var/log/messages after reboot I find errors.

First the drivers are loaded, ndiswrapper reports user.info: driver awlgtnic (WLAN-G, 11/05/2003, 1.0.03) loaded.
Then a couple of user.err:s and user.info:s ending up in
(miniport_halt:326): device f5a6a280 is not initialized
device eth%d removed
probe of 3-5:1.0 failed with error -22

The thing that bothers me is that this network interface is installed before the USB host controllers (OHCI and EHCI) are initialized. Can it really work then? Or is it just a matter of a bad driver? In USB Viewer there is an "Unknown device" under EHCI Host Controller

There are more USB problems right now. The USB stick stick I used for transport yesterday - for lack of network interface - does not mount today. It shows in USB Viewer as "IOMEGA" but not in Puppy Drive Mounter.

Hope that someone can give me clue. I will now let Puppy sleep for a while.