Precise 5.7.1 Retro "Megalomaniac" Rev.6 Eng/Hun 2017 July

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
csipesz

Precise 5.7.1 Retro "Megalomaniac" Rev.6 Eng/Hun 2017 July

#1 Post by csipesz »

EDITED: The newest stuff on the bottom of the second page can be found!

Hi and happy new year for everyone! I made a newest - and last - precise 5.7.1 derivative, for 2016, for you. Size of ISO: 4393 Mb, size of sys. sfs: 3278Mb. After a full install takes up space 9,4 Gb.
Features in this system:
In Linux-section:
Installed:
deb2pet, puppybasic, dotpuphandler, edit-mo, getflash, gnome icons001, pet2dir-ROXrightclick, pets2sfsgui, pstartupshutdownsound, pwidgets, random walpaper-changer, sfs2pet, simplegtkradio, xdtv, xvidcap, icewm, java, fluxbox, bleachbit, dosbox, skype, virtualbox, mplayer2014, Libre Office 4, chromium 29, Unified Remote Server, symphony office, firefox, vivaldi, maxthon browsers, google earth, mtpaint, vlc, audacious, zsnes, gpicview, kino, librecad, stellarium, zynaddsubfx, hidrogen, tetzle, timidity, lingot, tickr, streamtuner, WINE, pptview, djview, fbreader, qasmixer, fillmore, audacity, openbox+extras, fraqtive, imagination, avidemux, blender, qosmic, gimp, takeashot, hugo, xnview, fotoxx, zaz, neverball, neverputt, ballz, pupcloxkset, brutalchess, photofilmstrip, ocenaudio, miximum, rebirth, rborn, sunvox, xaos, amsynth, tixati, mixxx, evince, gfceu, tuxpaint, xtoys, syasokoban, gespeaker, mp3split, roxterm, gnomecommander, xbubble, geda-gschem, hugin, cinelerra, foobnix, qmmp, freetennis, frogatto, boswars, rutilt, xbmc12frodo, xboard, crosti, kega-fusion, stella, openshot, unetbootin.
Portable:
HeliosPaint, IvoryMahjong, MicroEmulator, rss-owl, synfig 2d vector animation studio, xjigsaw, clamav, cpu-g, cuda-z, digger, webchemy(online), xcowsay.
Also Devx and kernel src integrated.

In Wine-section:
english: themes exe, total commander, celestia, 7zip, acdsee, aimplayer3, cartoonix, cdex, freecalc, hammerhead, hoyle board games1, microsoft reader, Mobipocket Reader, mummy maze deluxe, operator, palm3xemulator, photofiltre, radio sure, stopple, sumatra pdf, system mechanic, tactile, troll demo, ultra iso, vlc, warcraft2, winrar, xnview, demo helper, uni.usb installer, w32chaos.
hungarian:szótár v7, magyarország térkép, névnaptár.

In Dosbox-section(in /root/FM folder):
english:doszip, eukviz, nc lite, open cubic player, qview pro(this is the best, for sample medias look into MEDIA folder!!!), skyglobe, spectra, xtc player, rescue rover 1,2, foxcalc.
hungarian:androute, angol szótár, iq-teszt.

downloadable from here:
http://www.solidfiles.com/folder/89968de689/
And Who does not hate it extremely, is a Mega link here for it:
https://mega.nz/#F!BBVXiaqa!czMd4iEIoDva0cntdAdvbw
:)
and the initial screen looks so:
Attachments
Screenshot_2016-01-07_13.36.28.jpg
(132.85 KiB) Downloaded 3217 times
Last edited by csipesz on Fri 14 Jul 2017, 04:24, edited 3 times in total.

russoodle

#2 Post by russoodle »

Holy snappin' duckfeathers, that's one BIG FAT Puppy!!!

Are you sure you didn't leave out anything??

:shock:
[i][color=Green][size=92]The mud-elephant, wading thru the sea, leaves no tracks..[/size][/color][/i]

csipesz

#3 Post by csipesz »

Well... not very. will be good already so :)

Pelo

Puppy will never trail such a load !

#4 Post by Pelo »

. Size of ISO: 4393 Mb, size of sys. sfs: 3278Mb. After a full install takes up space 9,4 Gb.
Puppy will never trail such a load ! How long it will take to burn it succesfully ?
El Pelo even not takes the time to download the ISO. We are a litte bit lazy.. i am Lazy.Windows and Linux are bigger and bigger, Puppy will keep light, slim, thin for summertime. Trim the fat :!:
Attachments
Nilson.jpg
(25.47 KiB) Downloaded 1748 times
Last edited by Pelo on Wed 20 Apr 2016, 09:01, edited 4 times in total.

russoodle

Re: Puppy will never trail such a load !

#5 Post by russoodle »

Pelo wrote:. Size of ISO: 4393 Mb, size of sys. sfs: 3278Mb. After a full install takes up space 9,4 Gb.
Puppy will never trail such a load !
Pelo, i suspect this is why csipesz is talking in terms of a full install :wink: I know this sort of gigantic file size is not what we're accustomed to in puppy's kennels, but why not include the 'full monty' or 'Out house sink', if this is what fulfils csipesz's needs? There are surely some who'd like to have such a fat puppy....yes, the download size is a bit of a pain, but wget can help with that..
I admire csipesz's efforts, because it must've been a huge task and he seems to have put a lot of thought into it, eg. the inclusion of the bluetooth .sfs and even files for compiz, etc.!

Cheers :)
[i][color=Green][size=92]The mud-elephant, wading thru the sea, leaves no tracks..[/size][/color][/i]

russoodle

Another download location...

#6 Post by russoodle »

Hello csipesz, i will try to get your iso uploaded to my site over the next day or so - as it's such a large file, it'll take a while, but i'll let you know the url when it's done, ok?

(I'm rebuilding the site at the moment and have other files going up tonight..)

Cheers,
russoodle :)

csipesz

#7 Post by csipesz »

thanks a lot, how you do a newer mirror for him.
anyway not, the full monty python series no, I will plant it, only all thing like that, with what it is possible to be useful pleasantly offline.

russoodle

Mirror for your big fat puppy..

#8 Post by russoodle »

csipesz wrote:thanks a lot, how you do a newer mirror for him.
anyway not, the full monty python series no, I will plant it, only all thing like that, with what it is possible to be useful pleasantly offline.
Hello csipesz, on my server now is your Retro Megalomaniac in the form of one single ISO file....i'm not sure of its integrity, however, because the filesize is only 4gb. Perhaps that's just a side-effect of merging all the individual rar files, i don't know....and i have no md5sum for it. If someone could download and test it to see if it's properly intact, that would be good :)

The iso can be downloaded from:
http://www.russoodlespuppylinuxstuff.net/csipesz. If you would like an ftp account so you can upload and add files, eg. .pet or .sfs files, for your puppy, please just PM me.

I rather suspect you took my mention of 'the full monty' literally, csipesz...sorry, that was just English/Australian vernacular talking - we don't seriously expect you to include the Monty Python series in your puppy! ! :lol: :wink:

Fingers crossed that this iso is as it should be...

Cheers,
russoodle

csipesz

#9 Post by csipesz »

Well:
I'm sorry, russoodle , but there is not something very much well...
I tried what you uploaded, and this the result:
Attachments
Screenshot_2016-01-17_10.22.33.jpg
(24.68 KiB) Downloaded 2756 times

russoodle

#10 Post by russoodle »

OK csipesz, thank you. I will have to try again....i think it's because i copied it to the uploading PC on an external drive that was formatted to 32FAT, which only accepts files up to 4gb in size....bugger, didn't think of that at the time.. :roll:

russoodle

MD5SUM..

#11 Post by russoodle »

If anyone else has downloaded and extracted these .rar files to your local PC, what md5sum do you have for it? The md5sum for the copy i have locally is:
855453d83041537c90b703e980ba9096 precise-5.7.1Retro-megalomaniac-EngHun-2016Jan.iso

EDIT:
csipesz, i think we're in business at last! :D I re-uploaded the iso from original puppy PC with FileZilla, which gave the filesize as 4,606,571,712 bytes and on the server it's 4.29GB, so looks good to go :wink: Let me know if all's ok and if the md5sum matches, please....ta.
Download location as per link in my above post..

Cheers,
russoodle

Pelo

Slimmy, the precise version : i try this one first

#12 Post by Pelo »

i Will try first the precise Puppy from hungaria, because faster download (600kB/second) will be the speed maxi because i am wireless connected.
Slimmy, the precise version is here
Last edited by Pelo on Wed 20 Apr 2016, 08:58, edited 1 time in total.

csipesz

#13 Post by csipesz »

Pelo: I say it silently only, from among my CDs the csipeszpup the best one currently - you download it, according to me:
https://mega.nz/#!tREjRLjI!f8d8e48e-2xy ... PDolaWevQo
or:
http://www.solidfiles.com/folder/7d6e37a10f/
briefer, more faultless, knows more on place of the same size.
the slimmy already elderly a bit...

Pelo

I have some trouble .. with my bank urgent :)

#14 Post by Pelo »

csipeszpup three browsers included !
Wait and see, i will come back.
I have some trouble .. with my bank urgent :)
Last edited by Pelo on Wed 20 Apr 2016, 08:57, edited 2 times in total.

Colonel Panic

#15 Post by Colonel Panic »

I think this was too much of a good thing uinfortunately; I tried to burn it to a DVD in order to boot it as a live disk but both PBurn and XFBurn failed to make a bootable copy of it.

Still, I know that there are other ways of using a Puppy ISO than burning one to a disk, so I'll try again soon.

Thanks for putting it together anyway,

CP .
Gigabyte M68MT-52P motherboard, AMD Athlon II X4 630, 5.8 GB of DDR3 RAM and a 250 GB Hitachi hard drive running Ubuntu 16.04.6, MX-19.2, Peppermint 10, PCLinuxOS 20.02, LXLE 18.04.3, Pardus 19.2, exGENT 200119, Bionic Pup 8.0 and Xenial CE 7.5 XL.

Pelo

Megalomaniac is a big one

#16 Post by Pelo »

Colonel Panic, you ? install Puppy Iso without burning a CD is so easy to do, easier than burning the CD. We shall see later together, si usted lo quiere.

Megalomaniac is a big one, i fully enjoy the sister Pr571Lite-hu.iso: 338 M
I run a video dowloaded from Daily Motion with the download helper included in this hungarian Puppy.Gnome-mplayer does its job but SMplayer has no sound.
Any idea about that ?

Resolu : default Pulse to change to OSS

Colonel Panic

Re: Megalomaniac is a big one

#17 Post by Colonel Panic »

Pelo wrote:Colonel Panic, you ? install Puppy Iso without burning a CD is so easy to do, easier than burning the CD. We shall see later together, si usted lo quiere.

Megalomaniac is a big one, i fully enjoy the sister Pr571Lite-hu.iso: 338 M
I run a video dowloaded from Daily Motion with the download helper included in this hungarian Puppy.Gnome-mplayer does its job but SMplayer has no sound.
Any idea about that ?

Resolu : default Pulse to change to OSS
Hi again Pelo,

Thanks for the advice concerning running Megalomaniac without burning it to a CD. I've deleted it now though (needed the space on an oldish computer).

No sound? Switch to alsamixer and increase the bars for "Master" and "PCM". F2 will also tell you what cards have been detected, if any, at /proc/asound/cards. Doesn't always work but worth a try.

Best,

CP .
Gigabyte M68MT-52P motherboard, AMD Athlon II X4 630, 5.8 GB of DDR3 RAM and a 250 GB Hitachi hard drive running Ubuntu 16.04.6, MX-19.2, Peppermint 10, PCLinuxOS 20.02, LXLE 18.04.3, Pardus 19.2, exGENT 200119, Bionic Pup 8.0 and Xenial CE 7.5 XL.

Pelo

Gracias, mon Colonel

#18 Post by Pelo »

Gracias, mon Colonel
Resolu : default Pulse to change to OSS in SMplayer
The lite version of hungarian Puppy 5.7.1 took pace in my USB beside our french ToOpy Dos.
Megalomanic is too big for a Puppy. Puppy users are generally speedey people. No patience.
European sharing their Puppies and testing each other is really a nice way. Idiomas are different, that would be a difficulty, but exchange cannot be stopped by it.
:idea: We are used to translate our ideas, and to tranmit them.
Hasta luego, senor panic.
Post Scriptum : Speaking Hungarian is not easy, madre !
Attachments
camphone.jpg
Campone for transfer of pictures from your smartphone to your laptop, or PC
(31.53 KiB) Downloaded 486 times
Last edited by Pelo on Sat 03 Jun 2017, 16:42, edited 1 time in total.

Pelo

change pulse by Alsa

#19 Post by Pelo »

Where is mine ? Precise 5.7.1 kernel 3.9.11 is not on the Puppy Forum.. Strange.
So i Post here to inform tat SM player will have sound if you change pulse by Alsa (i loose some time for that :? )
People who don't burn CDs can take advantage of the new 571 issued few days ago (based on Japenese Version, a famous one) :
Precise 5.7.1 Retro "CsipeszPup" Rev.16 Eng/Hun 2017, May
Last edited by Pelo on Sat 10 Jun 2017, 11:18, edited 1 time in total.

csipesz

#20 Post by csipesz »

:) Ohhoho, no, no, dear Pelo: Csipeszpup, is a totally own build!
This my little pride - one of best puppy-stuffs, IF you need a linux for playing with (not too new)Windows games. Of course, only with a good video card.