Debian founder Ian Murdock has passed away

News, happenings
tronkel

Debian founder Ian Murdock has passed away

#1 Post by tronkel »

Sad news about the death of the Debian project founder Ian Murdock - one of the greats of the GNU/Linux world, and an indelible part of its history.

https://bits.debian.org/2015/12/mournin ... rdock.html

Condolences to his family.
Life is too short to spend it in front of a computer

musher0

#2 Post by musher0 »

Sad news indeed.

I add my name in tronkel's book of condolences.

Does anybody know of what he died?

BFN.
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~
"You want it darker? We kill the flame." (L. Cohen)

rokytnji

#3 Post by rokytnji »

Condolences to the family.

Rok

Deacon

#4 Post by Deacon »

Sorry but "confrontation with police, sudden suicide announcement and death" sounds suspicious to me.

I'll wait for more data....

EDIT let me also add that I'm a hard bastard and if Dcn Joseph Suaiden (legal name until I get the money to fix it: Joseph William Mahomond) ever says he's committing suicide it's either NOT HIM or he's become such a worthless loser you shouldn't cry for him anyway. (Insurance Policy)

EDIT 2 not mocking the dead, simply looking out for me here. I'm not convinced it's a suicide but if I see a history of depression I'll accept it. For him. Not me. They just killed a guy trying to stay alive in a hospital and I'm going on 41. I ain't taking no risks
Last edited by Deacon on Mon 04 Jan 2016, 06:41, edited 1 time in total.

Deacon

#5 Post by Deacon »

Yep. This is a murder.

http://hothardware.com/news/debian-linu ... encounters

More proof

http://truthvoice.com/2015/12/the-bizar ... cks-death/

EDIT 3 Checking his twitter but it's gone, because dead people always do that

greengeek

#6 Post by greengeek »

Sounds like he's been drinking the same fluoride as McAfee. It's not safe to resist the men in black.

Puppus Dogfellow

#7 Post by Puppus Dogfellow »

Deacon wrote:Sorry but "confrontation with police, sudden suicide announcement and death" sounds suspicious to me.

I'll wait for more data....

EDIT let me also add that I'm a hard bastard and if Dcn Joseph Suaiden (legal name until I get the money to fix it: Joseph William Mahomond) ever says he's committing suicide it's either NOT HIM or he's become such a worthless loser you shouldn't cry for him anyway. (Insurance Policy)

EDIT 2 not mocking the dead, simply looking out for me here. I'm not convinced it's a suicide but if I see a history of depression I'll accept it. For him. Not me. They just killed a guy trying to stay alive in a hospital and I'm going on 41. I ain't taking no risks

Yep. This is a murder.

http://hothardware.com/news/debian-linu ... encounters

More proof

http://truthvoice.com/2015/12/the-bizar ... cks-death/

EDIT 3 Checking his twitter but it's gone, because dead people always do that

depression can be induced--in the laboratory it's called learned helplessness. add to that aspects of psychological warfare and what vegas and advertising have taught us, and it's pretty easy to see how people with money and power can manipulate environments to have them psychologically damage their targets. i know nothing of the case, just riffing on your tone of concern.

haven't read the links yet and have formed no official opinion of the man's passing other than it's sad for those close to him, and my condolences to them, but i saw this thread, and it touched on something i've been thinking about off and on for quite some time.

:?

i suppose a mini version of the idea can be seen without invoking espionage or some sort of visible class warfare--just see the kids in middle school or thereabouts who've been bullied to death, either by family or peers/schoolmates, who've been taunted--make life joyless, make it a pain, take away rewards, ...it's shockingly simple. the more i think about it, the more it seems naive to believe it doesn't happen or that there aren't at least dozens of countries actively involved in using these tactics. thing i wonder about, is do entities more or less the equivalent of political superpacs and lobbying groups do this type of shit? ludlow massacre? private and public blur in some scary ways--for profit prison system's an example.

anyway, my uninformed opinion.

:lol:

(maybe he'd want someone to crack a smile for him. rip, dude.)

stemsee

#8 Post by stemsee »

Puppus Dogfellow wrote: ...it's shockingly simple. the more i think about it, the more it seems naive to believe it doesn't happen or that there aren't at least dozens of countries actively involved in using these tactics.
You are on the right track. Since Freud/Jung and the Nazi regime private companies and secret government agencies have spent the last 80 years perfecting the psychological techniques needed to make people depressed or crazy or both in order to manipulate them with fear or discredit them. They can easily and cheaply disrupt your sleep, start rumours to weaken your relationships, they can target your children and family members, they can bombard you with subliminal harassment, until you feel unable to defend yourself and feel it pointless to make the attempt. Undermined, discouraged, distracted, distraught, isolated and depressed leaving only one apparent way out!

watchdog

#9 Post by watchdog »

Once upon a time I read something about "targeted individuals"... Try to google "targeted individuals" and read what it is.

stemsee

#10 Post by stemsee »

The first website I looked at on Targeted Individuals and OMG ... All of the above and more! The Truman Show personified.

http://www.targeted-individuals.com/#/h ... 4568079590

There is one oversight. They separate the snitches from the authorities and 'agencies' ... there is a common thread (apart from being human-like), that thread is 'freemasons' who supply all the key personel in those categories (at least in the UK ... and seeing as the freemasons are the spy network for the 'Queen as state' who is subject to the 'Lord Mayor' elected in the City of London, which has all the characteristics of the Vatican city, i.e. a sovereign state within a sovereign state, which is owned, lock stock and many smoking barrels by the Rothschilds, who enriched the Rokefellers with whom the UN was founded. Top personel in the UN are appointed, not voted into the post, which is for life. Most of the big banks of the World were funded or saved (Vatican bank) by the Rothschilds, who for getting USA into the 2nd World War (while funding both sides), were rewarded with the lands now called Israel, which is what is called zionism, which has wrapped American politics and law up so tightly that it will soon explode, if Russia doesn't open their peoples' eyes in time!

Freemasonry is the most entrenched and comprehensive Mafia on the planet. But for the grace of God! It was the money changers who demanded the death of Jesus, and now their descendants demand still the death (but corruption and madness will do) of His Saints. They know how to spot them (they have had hundred's of years to master their tactics, that is why our scholars and morals are so Godless) and defile them using spiritual warfare and the lie.

stemsee

#11 Post by stemsee »

Critically after or during the process of isolating the target the hope is to push/ make the target be or appear to be violent or potentially violent and/or suicidal in order to illiminate them without suspicion or in depth public review.

Ian Murdock

Michael Jackson

Diana

Michael Phillips

etc

greengeek

#12 Post by greengeek »

stemsee wrote:Michael Phillips
etc
What's the background of Michael Phillips? I couldn't google anything that seemed related. Is that someone who was terminated?

unicorn316386

#13 Post by unicorn316386 »

stemsee wrote:
Puppus Dogfellow wrote: ...it's shockingly simple. the more i think about it, the more it seems naive to believe it doesn't happen or that there aren't at least dozens of countries actively involved in using these tactics.
You are on the right track. Since Freud/Jung and the Nazi regime private companies and secret government agencies have spent the last 80 years perfecting the psychological techniques needed to make people depressed or crazy or both in order to manipulate them with fear or discredit them. They can easily and cheaply disrupt your sleep, start rumours to weaken your relationships, they can target your children and family members, they can bombard you with subliminal harassment, until you feel unable to defend yourself and feel it pointless to make the attempt. Undermined, discouraged, distracted, distraught, isolated and depressed leaving only one apparent way out!
stemsee, I really like the way you think. Same with Puppus Dogfellow. Very insightful posts. It's quite a shame that Ian didn't read this thread beforehand. Your words have given me a much clearer picture into the master plan and end game of the psychological techniques used to induce depression and pointlessness, and that these puppets of stupidity who speak powerfully and derogatory should not be taken seriously but instead be looked down upon with disgust and disappointment and exposed to the world for what they really are. Stay strong and don't let the brainwashing scumbags take control! Thanks.

musher0

#14 Post by musher0 »

Hello all.

Assuming the surveillance and elimination theory, what would have been
the reason in the case of the founder of Debian?

I knew the first names Deb and Ian associated with the distro, like all
Linuxians, but I am sorry to say that I never paid much attention to the
personalities of the founders.

What I do know about Free-Masons is that their numbers are dwindling,
like devotees of any religion in this agnostic day and age. (At least in this
country.) I also do know that we owe them the modern notion of "free
enterprise". Some even go as far as saying that the USA, the first Republic
of modern times, owes them the spirit and the freedoms embedded in their
Constitution.

In the Middle Ages, Free-Masons were indeed "free" masons and artisans
specialized in building great architecture. The need for their skills meant
that they were left free, independent of any count or duke or bishop.

So if I apply this logic to Debian, I end up with the contrary conclusion:
the Free-Masons should have been supportive of Debian and its founder,
because Linux frees people from a monopoly and a new kind of slavery
imposed by MicroSoft.

But as I said, I don't know the life of this ian Murdock, his past, etc. Was
he an abuser or a gambler? Did he have girlfriends that were married? Did
he owe money to violent people? Those are all human reasons that stir
enough emotions to kill a man. If any of the above were true, I'd say we
forget the Free-Masons argument.

My 2 cents. BFN.
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~

greengeek

#15 Post by greengeek »

musher0 wrote:What I do know about Free-Masons is that their numbers are dwindling,
This is why they are so dangerous. As they become steadily more irrelevant they are tightening their grip on the resources they control, and pursuing new membership amongst hierarchically minded potential followers. It is like a pyramid scheme - they need fresh blood to defend their antisocial traditions.
like devotees of any religion in this agnostic day and age. (At least in this country.) I also do know that we owe them the modern notion of "free enterprise". Some even go as far as saying that the USA, the first Republic of modern times, owes them the spirit and the freedoms embedded in their Constitution.
Freemasons are not free. They are tightly bound to those in authority above them. The keystone of their beliefs is that each individual must display the personal characteristic of "belief in a higher power" - which in essence means that they must take their place in the hierarchical chain of authority and show appropriate deference to more senior members. Such an attitude is total anathema to anyone who believes in Democracy.

Maybe it is an irony that you quote the USA as an example of freedom. It may have started that way but constitutional freedoms have now been overrun by Federal power - the same overbearing authority that the original Americans sought to shake off when gaining independence from Britain.

Masonic hierarhices and oppression do indeed mirror the current US political and powerbase structures.

solo

#16 Post by solo »

At the risk of being 'identified' as a minion of the 'dark side', I'd like to put this to the table.

In order for you to be happy, you need to feel good about yourself and the world.
Truth is a very relative concept.
There are people out there who are convinced that they are, in a very real sense, surrounded by angels. Others are utterly convinced that the day soon will come when a giant spaceship will land on Earth and aliens will save this planet.

Now listen, I am not saying that what you believe is not true.

Quite the contrary as a matter of fact. What I am saying is that it is ALL true. What I am saying is that your perspective determines reality, as opposed to the other way around.
What I am saying is that there is no objective reality.

For those who believe in angels, they are as real as chicken sandwiches.

It is good to be aware of the relativity of reality, because it allows you to take a step back from the perspective you chose to adopt, and understand that you have choices in that.

From a pragmatic standpoint, a view on the world as a cruel sadistic playground for those who have more power than you have, is obviously not very beneficial to your own life's happiness.
It makes you feel helpless and small and insignificant and scared, and that is exactly what we do not want.

So you need to break that train of thought.

And you can, because it is a choice in perspective.

Take a walk around block or take out your bike and go for a ride.

This is in no way intended as a condensending message. I'm not here to dog or preach. And I am not downplaying this tragedy in any way.

Puppus Dogfellow

#17 Post by Puppus Dogfellow »

solo wrote:At the risk of being 'identified' as a minion of the 'dark side', I'd like to put this to the table.

In order for you to be happy, you need to feel good about yourself and the world.
Truth is a very relative concept.
There are people out there who are convinced that they are, in a very real sense, surrounded by angels. Others are utterly convinced that the day soon will come when a giant spaceship will land on Earth and aliens will save this planet.

Now listen, I am not saying that what you believe is not true.

Quite the contrary as a matter of fact. What I am saying is that it is ALL true. What I am saying is that your perspective determines reality, as opposed to the other way around.
What I am saying is that there is no objective reality.

For those who believe in angels, they are as real as chicken sandwiches.

It is good to be aware of the relativity of reality, because it allows you to take a step back from the perspective you chose to adopt, and understand that you have choices in that.

From a pragmatic standpoint, a view on the world as a cruel sadistic playground for those who have more power than you have, is obviously not very beneficial to your own life's happiness.
It makes you feel helpless and small and insignificant and scared, and that is exactly what we do not want.

This is in no way intended as a condensending message. I'm not here to dog or preach. And I am not downplaying this tragedy in any way.
sanest post in this thread.

8)

unicorn316386

#18 Post by unicorn316386 »

solo wrote:It is good to be aware of the relativity of reality, because it allows you to take a step back from the perspective you chose to adopt, and understand that you have choices in that.

So when you are being abused, kidnapped, slandered, and lied to (and possibly murdered eventually) by members of "authority" for no fair reason, pretend like it's not actually happening to you and never happens to anyone else either, and put your head in the sand and think of angels all around you and aliens coming to save the planet? Ok.

Not sure how to interpret your message any other way than condescending and downplaying the issue. And it's hard to go for a walk when counter-productive police brutality has made walking nothing but a painful struggle. Not very encouraging advice.

Puppus Dogfellow

#19 Post by Puppus Dogfellow »

unicorn316386 wrote:
solo wrote:It is good to be aware of the relativity of reality, because it allows you to take a step back from the perspective you chose to adopt, and understand that you have choices in that.

So when you are being abused, kidnapped, slandered, and lied to (and possibly murdered eventually) by members of "authority" for no fair reason, pretend like it's not actually happening to you and never happens to anyone else either, and put your head in the sand and think of angels all around you and aliens coming to save the planet? Ok.

Not sure how to interpret your message any other way than condescending and downplaying the issue. And it's hard to go for a walk when counter-productive police brutality has made walking nothing but a painful struggle. Not very encouraging advice.

fwiw, i had a bit of a different take on solo's message, unicorn316386, but i'll start with what i don't think is its main point. if it's encouragement you want from it, remember that speaking of conspiracies generally paints you as a loon, so it's in your best interest to be guarded and careful with that sort of thing. if you're being hounded for someone else's financial or political gain, or maybe it's over a love interest or simple and deranged sadism on the part of predator or predatory organization--whatever the source of the torture, know that they want to see you at wit's end and drooling of conspiracies, so don't do anything they can use to damage your credibility. don't let them get to you. if you're being kidnapped, it's kind of overt, and that's a little beyond the topic of the clandestine goings-on of the rich, powerful, connected, demented, etc.

humanity has its good and bad and being an angel and being a devil are both fairly time consuming, i'd think--how many people are dedicated to harming you? why is it worth their while? are the soldiers mere cogs? torment can come from many places--i think probably gamers and kids of all ages would get or could potentially be swayed to get involved in tormenting for fun if it were made into a milgram's-type experiment or if they felt sufficiently removed from the proceedings, or if they didn't like the way the person pronounced parsley (cause for slaughter of haitians by dominicans by reason of some political slander and order--and this, as you know, is just one of thousands of examples of mass slaughter--it's part of what we are and are capable of, apparently), or if their religious fervor and righteousness--their beliefs--however delusional, misguided, deranged, borne of ignorance, unsupported by science, etc--their fervor and belief dictates the muscle that brings down the sacrificial knives, machetes, sledge hammers, etc. there are people that believe in angels and devils and 72 virgins and it'll all be all right when we're dead so to hell with this life. there are many people like this, many who have some sort of this-life-isn't-the-important-one belief--i.e. life isn't important--are they more or less cause for alarm than the guys in the white sedans, blue vans, black pick ups, etc? i don't know what the most wise thing to be concerned about is, but being of healthy mind seems like a decent concern.

if police brutality's the main thrust of your argument, well, i see by your sig you're canadian. i'm not sure how bad the problem is in your country , but in the u.s. our police kill over a thousand people a year, seemingly every year, a hugely disproportionate number black and poor. the guns get more powerful, and the more powerful froth up the retards, who fear this loon or that, or this one's delusion more than their own, or this innocent person or these innocents for absolutely no reason, go out and buy more guns, paint more signs to froth up more hate--the cycle's maddening. keep people ignorant and violent and you keep your money and property and power--because everyone's just as much a bean counter and unscrupulous as a politician or robber baron (projecting anthropomorphized sacks of vomit at the controls of fox news, the nra, the republican party,... :lol: ). everything is spin in the world. i think solo's just trying to say keep your head straight, don't get dizzy. the internet's the biggest modern weapon modern targets have. it's a voice--"hey, they're messing with me!" you may still die, but maybe the light will shine on those that use these tactics, and that should help in the fight against it. in some countries they don't need to be sneaky--just go up and shoot the rival in the head. the hood is the jungle is the map--we're pack animals in both senses--we carry our private and public loads as social creatures, and we hunt and pillage in packs. it is we who must determine the "we." "your ideology doesn't say you get to come and rape my kid and wife. phook your holy book. don't own a gun but would get one if i saw you coming, been playing with my knife..."--but what's the real immediate threat? ignorance and fanaticism to me, but to you it may be ebola or poverty or dengue fever. so what you walk around with maybe as unreal to the next person as ghosts are to you. fight against violence, extremism, and greed and i think we'd be closer to a peaceful planet. as to the targeted and "the targeted"--education, dissemination, and light of day are probably the best hopes. no cleric, no shaman, and no ideology other than truth and fairness are going to get me to lift a sword.

anyway, my two cents. again.

i was trying to be unpolitical and unprofane, which in hindsight seems sort of silly--profanity belongs in politics. for real.

(and sorry, but i still haven't read to find out if the poor man just killed himself or if there's something more involved. more interested parties will pursue the matter if warranted, i imagine. what's more interesting in terms of spy stuff, was the brit they found locked inside his apartment in a triple dufflebag and no signs of struggle--he was supposed to have been a spy--his betters must've been super stealthy and slick. there was some mockery done with the locks, too, if i recall correctly.)

anyway, hope this helps in some way.

--darren.

musher0

#20 Post by musher0 »

Thanks, Darren.

In my post above, I hope nobody thinks I was being disrespectful of Ian
Murdock's memory. I was just offering possibilities other than a "out-to-
get-you" theory. I am saddened like everyone else here by the loss of
a major figure in the Linux world.

A couple of "naive" questions, if I may:
* will the Debian entity continue to exist?
* I did notice that on some news sites they mention that he had started
a new job at the Docker software firm last Fall. Out of curiosity: his work
as an official at Debian was volunteer work, then? Why did he need
another job?

BFN.
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~