WLAN and audio not detected after reboot.

Please post any bugs you have found
mrfriendson

WLAN and audio not detected after reboot.

#1 Post by mrfriendson »

Hi all,

I would like to report this bug wherein I just installed Steam by installing the .deb and then when I rebooted, Puppy no longer recognizes my WLAN and audio interface. This isn't the first time it happened but I don't know exactly how to replicate it. I kind of regret saving the session, not knowing what will happen after I did. Does anyone have a clue if this is some sort of savefile corruption?

I'm running Tahrpup 6.0.3 noPAE on a Dell Inspiron 15 3542 with a Core i3-4030U at 1.9Ghz and 8GB of RAM. I run this Pup from a SanDisk Cruzer 8GB. My wireless adapter is Dell Wireless 1705 802.11b/g/n (2.4GHz). My audio is Realtek High Definition Audio.
I used unetbootin to "burn" the Pup to my USB flash drive.

I actually made a backup copy of the savefile just in case something like this happens but I feel kind of disappointed because of my effort installing dependency after dependency of some applications on the affected savefile from packages.ubuntu.com. I'd like to know the fastest way to compare both savefiles side-by-side to know which .debs and .pets I don't have on the backup and the ones I have on the affected savefile.
Thank you in advance