Which wifi usb sticks work with puppy?

jjholly

Which wifi usb sticks work with puppy?

#1 Post by jjholly »

Hi, can anyone tell me what wifi usb sticks work with puppy and what software do i need to use with them.

trapster

#2 Post by trapster »

The Blitzz wireless usb stick works for me. I believe I used ndiswrapper with the .inf and .sys files that came with the stick
trapster
Maine, USA

Asus eeepc 1005HA PU1X-BK
Frugal install: Slacko
Currently using full install: DebianDog

GeoffS

#3 Post by GeoffS »

Hi - Netgear WG111 works OK for me - needs ndiswrapper and the windows driver disc for the .inf etc files.
If you have the windows drivers many will work with ndiswrapper.
Geoff

jonyo

#4 Post by jonyo »

Just installed a d-link dwl g122 ver B (rt2500 chipset) usb using windows inf file only (NetRTUSB .inf) with onboard puppy ndiswrapper & ethernet wizard.

Works A-1, stable & at rated (g) speed of 54Mbps with puppy ver 2.12, live cd setup.

Lap is a gateway mx 3410 with amd turion 64 TL-50
---------------------------------
ps. tried out the emoticons, clicked on one, ended up at dead page & lost my note. Anyone know what that's about?
Last edited by jonyo on Sat 13 Jan 2007, 02:45, edited 4 times in total.

kirk

#5 Post by kirk »

jonyo,

The rt2570 usb wifi is supported in puppy, just modprobe rt2570.

Ralink is very well supported in linux.

jonyo

#6 Post by jonyo »

:shock:
Last edited by jonyo on Thu 04 Jan 2007, 22:56, edited 1 time in total.

jonyo

#7 Post by jonyo »

Just to add to my own note (work in progress..) the d-link mentioned here has now worked A-1 on 3 laptops & 1 desktop that i've tried so far, all running live cd pup ver 2.12. Other machines (lap) are Gateway m-520 & Acer Travelmate 2420. Don't have the desktop info other than think it's a Systemax L335 that came preloaded with Linspire.
jonyo wrote:Just installed a d-link dwl g122 ver B (rt2500 chipset) usb using windows inf file only (NetRTUSB .inf) with onboard puppy ndiswrapper & ethernet wizard.

Works A-1, stable & at rated (g) speed of 54Mbps with puppy ver 2.12, live cd setup.

Lap is a gateway mx 3410 with amd turion 64 TL-50.
--------------------------------------
ps. tried out the emoticons, clicked on one, ended up at dead page & lost my note. Anyone know what that's about?
Last edited by jonyo on Sat 13 Jan 2007, 02:44, edited 6 times in total.

jonyo

#8 Post by jonyo »

Might you have the exact info for the Netgear wg 111? As i understand, there are different versions.

Anyone try one of these (or have info)?

http://search.ebay.ca/ZyDAS-USB_W0QQfro ... ameZRC0021
GeoffS wrote:Hi - Netgear WG111 works OK for me - needs ndiswrapper and the windows driver disc for the .inf etc files.
If you have the windows drivers many will work with ndiswrapper.
Geoff