UK - All Of Your Web Browsing History To Be Recorded

For discussions about security.
perdido

UK - All Of Your Web Browsing History To Be Recorded

#1 Post by perdido »

And I thought they were bagging & tagging everything already. The public must be kept in line...... ummm, safe, at all costs. Will the RFID festival be far behind?

http://news.sky.com/story/1581245/all-o ... e-recorded

All your base are belong to us.

rufwoof

#2 Post by rufwoof »

I believe the UK has the highest density of camera's monitoring its population. Facial recognition, car number plate tracking, CCTV's on buses, rail, streets etc.

In the last budget the Chancellor announced that tax reporting is to be simplified, with the tax office pre-calculating your tax return for you. 'Money laundering' countermeasures have opened up the state to knowing exactly how much you have, where, and where you get it from/spend it.

Monitoring your communications is just the final step towards total population imprisonment. This person visited a abortion web site, that person is looking to go on holiday in June ...etc.

In recent discussions between China/UK with a view to generating a 'special relationship' (business promotion), human rights concerns were discussed - but I guess that China may just tolerate such breaches in view of the extra business activity a partnership might provide.

solo

#3 Post by solo »

There's another disturbing aspect about this kind of blanket data collection that is not being mentioned very often, which is the burden it takes in terms of finance and resources.

The first thing you should do when you are starting to do research, any research, is to ask yourself which question you want to have answered.

Failing to do so, will often result in a quest to collect data for the sake of data collection itself, and the end result invariably is that you have spent an enormous amount of time and energy trying to put a haystack under a microscope, which just doesn't work.

There needs to be a scope.

But I get a sense that what this blanket data collection is trying to achieve more than anything else, is some sort of illusive feeling of control. Perhaps even to achieve some kind of preventative effect through fear.
'Better not watch those naughty pictures on your computer young man, because we keep track of everything you do!'

Meanwhile, hardware needs to be maintained and bought, resources need to liberated, energy needs to be spent. And this is being payed for by the customer in the end. Taxpayers money, but also, money the ISP's could spend on innovating the infrastructure and service, which needs to be diverted to this data retention system instead.

It's like a giant virus scanner for the entire Internetz that costs loads and hogs the system.

So Cameron is a bit like MacAfee, only that MacAfee doesn't shag dead pigheads.

Burn_IT

#4 Post by Burn_IT »

Unfortunately that is what we get for allowing a nosey cow to be in charge of security.
Worse than Les Dawson's (RIP) gossipy old ladies!!

If I fail to post after a while, you will know what happened! <Grin>
"Just think of it as leaving early to avoid the rush" - T Pratchett

rokytnji

#5 Post by rokytnji »

Ha Ha. Grinning.

I can't help it. First I read a thread on how good it is in the EU. How bad it is in The USA.
Grass is greener, blah, blah blah.
Now this.

Misery loves company no matter where it is located.
:lol:

Record my history. I won't be around long enough to enjoy it.
Lock me up. I Won't last long under stressful conditions.
I pity my kids and grandkids who's job it is to fix this.

Good luck with this Brits.
Wishing you the best.
"So it's really important that the laws keep up. [Without new laws] we'd be in a very dangerous place."
"I think the protections that are built into it should satisfy any reasonable person."
Oh Baby.

Burn_IT

#6 Post by Burn_IT »

It is really no different to what happened to me a few years ago when a local government employee took exception to something I said.
She abused her powers and put me under official investigation. Believe you me it was not pleasant and went on for a couple of months.
It was only when I casually mentioned it to another council employee that it was stopped and the originator encouraged to join the dole queue.
(It has to be a SERIOUS breech for a public employee to be sacked rather than moved).

musher0

#7 Post by musher0 »

Hi Burn_IT.

If it's any consolation, it happens in Canada too -- in fact , anywhere
bureaucrats are in a bad mood.

BFN.

musher0
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~
"You want it darker? We kill the flame." (L. Cohen)

Burn_IT

#8 Post by Burn_IT »

Are IN bad mood
or
Are bad news??

bark_bark_bark

#9 Post by bark_bark_bark »

Just use a VPN.

solo

#10 Post by solo »

No good for peeps in the UK I'm afraid:

https://www.bestvpn.com/blog/5583/data- ... d-kingdom/

Burn_IT

#11 Post by Burn_IT »

I can't be bothered about it quite frankly, but I'm pretty sure that if I was, I could easily find a way round it.

musher0

#12 Post by musher0 »

Burn_IT wrote:Are IN bad mood
or
Are bad news??
Hi, Burn_IT.

(To be read tongue-in-cheek!) :)

Oh, I'd say we need bureaucrats! ;) They're not bad news, they're useful
for doing all the boring stuff that none of us ordinary humans wants to do!

They're dangerous only when you get on their bad side! (Or they get
on the bad side of you!) :twisted:

BFN.

musher0
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~
"You want it darker? We kill the flame." (L. Cohen)

Burn_IT

#13 Post by Burn_IT »

I (politely) disagree.
They are dangerous as soon as they try to do ANYTHING.
As long as they are just arguing about things, they occupy a necessary niche, as you say.

Bring back emoticons!!

John Roe

#14 Post by John Roe »

Hmmm… I suppose it is no wonder why my friend & boss dislikes going to England, or to be particular, London. What a violent hell it has become. It is a sad state of affairs when the nation which ruled the largest contiguous
empire allows itself to be hijacked by extreme radicals like the Rothscilds.

What's sadder is that just shy of two hundred and two score years, America has become almost as bad.

Here in the South, a pocket knife sits in almost every pocket, yet a simple Opinel folder will have the bobbys tossing you in jail. Now, one wonders what draconian measures by the banker families, er, British state, will gain them.

I smell that burn phones and disposable devices will become all the rage in England among the few security-concious. However, in the sake of intellectual
honesty, if you have ever in the US attended college, searched for fertilizer online, or even joined a political party you are guilty of Orwellian thought crime; Salem the cry of "Witch, witch!" could get your land into barons' hands.
Now, it is "terrorist, terrorist!" (Search terroristic threats.)

Things you have problably searched, yet the government flags you to a list, you terrorist, you.
https://www.rt.com/usa/dhs-list-suspicious-words-302/

Five words: It's a concerted international agenda.