kernel compiling in woof-ce

Under development: PCMCIA, wireless, etc.
stemsee

#281 Post by stemsee »

SUKK-Universl-G-DB.tar.gz

Removed mega upload as they have changed the logging in mechanism.
Option for gdrive still active at present.

Went for woof-ce kernel kit naming scheme.
Attachments
sukk-link.fake.gz
(116 Bytes) Downloaded 253 times

stemsee

#282 Post by stemsee »

I am investigating an arm build config.

peebee

#284 Post by peebee »

stemsee wrote:Completed building set of 3 deblobbed 4.2.5-EmSee kernels. Uploading now!
Hi Stemsee

The new kernels don't quite work in woof-ce as the 2 components aren't named the same as the archive name - Emsee seems to be missing.....

Cheers
peebee
ImageLxPup = Puppy + LXDE
Main version used daily: LxPupSc; Assembler of UPups, ScPup & ScPup64, LxPup, LxPupSc & LxPupSc64

stemsee

#285 Post by stemsee »

I did notice that even though the variable '"$package_name_suffix" was affixed. I don't know why. I could try "$custom_suffix"

Thanks for reporting.

peebee

#286 Post by peebee »

Put 4.2.5-pae 32 bit into slacko-current-15.11 (woof-ce slacko build using Slackware Current components) - all seems fine from initial testing...

Now also included in LxPupSc-15.11

Will try compiling some drivers next....
Attachments
Screenshot.png
(228.43 KiB) Downloaded 903 times
Last edited by peebee on Tue 03 Nov 2015, 23:45, edited 2 times in total.
Main version used daily: LxPupSc; Assembler of UPups, ScPup & ScPup64, LxPup, LxPupSc & LxPupSc64

Revolverve

#287 Post by Revolverve »

4.2.5 pae is look fine on tahrpup.
64 bit = kernel panic >tahr64
...If ever that build should have work with it.

stemsee

#288 Post by stemsee »

@Revolvere

Do you mean you ran the 64bit kernel with the 32bit system?
Last edited by stemsee on Wed 04 Nov 2015, 10:42, edited 1 time in total.

stemsee

#289 Post by stemsee »

peebee wrote:The new kernels don't quite work in woof-ce as the 2 components aren't named the same as the archive name - Emsee seems to be missing.....
fixed!

Revolverve

#290 Post by Revolverve »

stemsee

Do you mean you ran the 64bit kernel with the 32bit system?

Sorry for confusion...no ...pae 32( pleonasm kind of..) on tahr 32(boot ok)
and 4.2.5_64 on tahr64(kernel panic)

stemsee

#291 Post by stemsee »

ubuild.sh this has gdrive and meg disabled (not working on my system anymore).

Woof-ce naming scheme should work ok now (it does).
Attachments
ubuild.sh.gz
(59.72 KiB) Downloaded 255 times

peebee

Please enable the Mediatek mt7601u wifi driver

#292 Post by peebee »

Please enable the Mediatek mt7601u wifi driver in the 4.2 and subsequent trees.

CONFIG_WL_MEDIATEK=y
CONFIG_MT7601U=m

Details

Thanks
peebee

stemsee

#293 Post by stemsee »

stemsee

#294 Post by stemsee »

k4.3 compiled ok today!

Dry Falls

4.2 series

#295 Post by Dry Falls »

Hi Stemsee. I've been playing with SUKK-Universal-G-DB-upgrade with and w/out the ubuild.sh update, compiling with your stock DOTconfig64, BarryK's config from werewolf, OMicko's from Slacko64 and my own from k4.1.11 and using the default setting for all the new options. Every attempt with the 4.25 kernel ends up randomly losing keybindings and consistently failing to recover from blank screen (with either mit screensaver or x-screensaver), right down to dropping the usb devices (my keyboard and mouse) altogether. Werewolf & Slackodon't display this behaviour. Any idea what's with the extra options in the 4.2 series? By the way, I used SUKK-Universal-G-DB-upgrade to build k4.1.11 and it works flawlessly.

df

stemsee

#296 Post by stemsee »

So let me get this clear
1) You have built the 4.2.5 kernel using all three DOTconfigs, mine, 01Micko's and BK's.
2) All kernels display the same failings on lh64 but not on werewolf or slacko64

3) You are using a mixture of the original sukk kit with and without ubuild.sh original/update.

hmm ... Have you ever run 888 option to update all three configs used in ubuild.sh?

Or please make sure you are using the complete package of latest sukk, which also has the complete kernel kit files for using wither build.sh or ubuild.sh with supporting files for deblob and firmware and configs etc

Anyway kernel 4.3 is building ok with aufs so maybe run 888 with that. Even if you don't run 888 the new options will be configurable in term.

Cheers

stemsee

Dry Falls

#297 Post by Dry Falls »

didn't use 888 'cause I'm only doing 64bit. Your latest SUKK doesn't have a Dist directory so no patches and the ubuild script gets lost trying to cd here & there. I dropped in dist -> sources -> patches (old patches from old kit) & vanilla and it built with no errors. Except in neither case did it create (write to) the build log. Anyway, much better this time but still no go with dpms during screen blanking. By the way, I changed nothing in build64.conf or DOTconfig-64 so it built k4.2.5 with a k4.2.6 config -- no new options.

df

Dry Falls

#298 Post by Dry Falls »

stemsee wrote:2) All kernels display the same failings on lh64 but not on werewolf or slacko64

3) You are using a mixture of the original sukk kit with and without ubuild.sh original/update.
2) Not exactly. Werewolf's kernel runs werewolf no problem and Slacko' kernel likewise. Their respective configs failed as substitutes for DOTconfig64 for SUKK to make a no-problem kernel for lighthouse.

2)I used the latest SUKK-Universal-G-DB-upgrade each time, but (see above post) it worked better with the dist directory from the original sukk kit.

Also a reminder or perhaps warning. Every kernel compiled under any version of lighthouse results in a type: application/ms_dos-executable
command: startwine

Haven't quite tracked it down yet. I can fix it each session, but 'update-mime-database' puts it back the way it was every reboot. A bit perplexed. OMicko's kernel in the new Slacko64 does the same. BarryK's is a different build system altogether. Or so it seems.

df

edit. ran "very clean' latest sukk (set to build k4.2.5) with slacko64-6.1.3 and didn't encounter any of the compiling problems I had with Lighthouse. In fact, it even went so far as to ask to install it. Might want to change the script here to also use '/mnt/home' instead of /mnt/sda*' as the latter comes up empty with a Sl64 pupsave/folder.

Anyway, installed it manually but apparently I'd have to edit the init script as well. I think it's the zdrive thing because the kernel couldn't find 'lib/modules' in a timely fashion so went into a panic.

No build log again and kernel type is msdos executable. But the compile went smooth. Will try the slacko-built kernel package in lighthouse.

edit2: Well, turns out what with frequent power outages and a cmos battery that was bad from the start, autoconf was getting confused as to what time zone we're really in so the compiles were screwy, taking place in the future. Reset the clock and started over. Running lighthouse now with the kernel I built with slacko64 (k4.2.5) and everything seems copacetic (but still crossing fingers).

df

stemsee

#299 Post by stemsee »

On LH and Quirky and FD the script should not offer to install the kernel because I didn't include the code to pack zdrv in to the initrd. (yet)

But glad it is ok.

Why didn't you build 4.3?

stemsee

#300 Post by stemsee »

Attachments
DOTconfig-4.3-pae.gz
(155.66 KiB) Downloaded 238 times
Last edited by stemsee on Fri 20 Nov 2015, 08:08, edited 2 times in total.