latest news about Firefox and security/privacy

For discussions about security.
labbe5

latest news about Firefox and security/privacy

#1 Post by labbe5 »

https://threatpost.com/mozilla-moving-t ... ox/112537/

If you use Firefox, because you factor in its focus to security and privacy, you will not be surprised to read about its intention to deprecate HTTP. The move will take a while to be completed. But it will be done.

Google has completed some of its planning toward HTTPS everywhere, and what this giant does has an impact on everyone of us, in terms of surfing the Web. The latest to profit from this trend is Blogspot. Here's the link for further reading : https://googleonlinesecurity.blogspot.c ... gspot.html

From website :
Since 2008, we've worked to encrypt the connections between our users and Google servers. Over the years we've announced that Search, Gmail, Drive, and many other products have encrypted connections by default, and most recently, we've made a similar announcement for our ads products.

In this same vein, today we're expanding on the HTTPS Everywhere mission and beginning an initial rollout of HTTPS support for Blogspot. HTTPS is a cornerstone of internet security as it provides several important benefits: it makes it harder for bad actors to steal information or track the activities of blog authors and visitors, it helps check that visitors open the correct website and aren’t being redirected to a malicious location, and it helps detect if a bad actor tries to change any data sent from Blogger to a blog visitor.

This trend was slow in coming before Snowden, but he lit the fire under
the feet of such giant as Google, that is adamant it will never allow backdoors into its devices, thwarting effort from government agencies to grab data at will with its implementation of HTTPS everywhere.

It's a relief for ordinary citizens who feel their privacy was at stake. And who were easy target for cybercriminals.

disciple

#2 Post by disciple »

And who were easy target for cybercriminals.
I hardly think that reading unencrypted websites makes me an easy target for criminals. At least, not until a criminal government starts punishing me for what I believe...
Do you know a good gtkdialog program? Please post a link here

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER