Quicksilver official PET

Play with your Puppy.
SnowShinobi

Quicksilver official PET

#1 Post by SnowShinobi »

Quicksilver - Radical endless running.

Run across the skyline of the near future - don't let those drones stop you from being radical! Use your super speed and sharp reflexes to run as far as you can. Pick up power-ups and score combos along the way.

http://shiburizu.itch.io/quicksilver

Hi, I'm the developer of this game and happen to be a fan of Puppy Linux. I've never built a PET before until I decided to try porting this game to a PET package for all Puppy versions to run. I hope you can enjoy the game as much I enjoyed making it. Technical details; This is a 32bit release and does not need any dependencies. The game itself is built in Construct 2 and runs in its own Webkit engine + node.js. The package itself was built in Tahrpup 6.0 but as aforementioned, should work in any puppy. You can find the game files in /usr/games/quicksilver and the appropriate desktop file in /usr/share/applications. I appreciate any and all reports of bugs or things I should work on.

Official download: http://snowcreations.voltihost.com/game ... verx86.pet

Special thanks to Fenderbassist on the Puppy Linux IRC channel to help test it. If you are interested in adding this PET to your repository or download site, or to quickpet or anything like that, you have my full consent. All I ask is that you use the PET I am providing here to ensure the authenticity of the package.

Thank you for playing!

Keef

#2 Post by Keef »

I've just tried this on Tahrpup, but although the game starts up, the figure will not move - CPU maxes out. This is on a HP nc6120 laptop - 2ghz Pentium and 1.25 gig RAM. Intel graphics. Sound is working ok. I get the music and some noises if I click the mouse.
This is what I get when started from the terminal:

Code: Select all

root# /usr/games/quicksilver/quicksilver 
[27269:0929/225348:ERROR:zygote_host_impl_linux.cc(144)] Running without the SUID sandbox! See https://code.google.com/p/chromium/wiki/LinuxSUIDSandboxDevelopment for more information on developing with the sandbox on.
[27269:0929/225348:WARNING:dns_config_service_posix.cc(225)] Failed to read DnsHosts.
[27269:0929/225348:INFO:gpu_info_collector_x11.cc(78)] NVCtrl extension does not exist.
[27269:0929/225348:INFO:CONSOLE(9)] "Viewport target-densitydpi is not supported.", source: file:///tmp/.org.chromium.Chromium.GtPYKn/index.html (9)
libGL error: MESA-LOADER: could not create udev device for fd 10
[27295:0929/225350:ERROR:audio_output_device.cc(186)] Not implemented reached in virtual void media::AudioOutputDevice::OnStateChanged(media::AudioOutputIPCDelegate::State)
[27295:0929/225350:ERROR:audio_output_device.cc(186)] Not implemented reached in virtual void media::AudioOutputDevice::OnStateChanged(media::AudioOutputIPCDelegate::State)
[27295:0929/225400:ERROR:audio_output_device.cc(186)] Not implemented reached in virtual void media::AudioOutputDevice::OnStateChanged(media::AudioOutputIPCDelegate::State)
Well there is a little bit of movement, but this is as far as I got:
Attachments
Quicksilver.png
(15.95 KiB) Downloaded 248 times

HoerMirAuf

#3 Post by HoerMirAuf »

Works not in Slacko-5.6:
quicksilver: symbol lookup error: ./quicksilver: undefined symbol: dbus_message_set_serial
:(
[size=75][color=blue]Bionic64[/color][/size]