Running Glable on Puppy?

Booting, installing, newbie
aamcle

Running Glable on Puppy?

#1 Post by aamcle »

Hi all.

I've just popped in to ask how I get glabel to run I've tried the package installer without success.

Pup doesn't seem to meet the system requirements :-

GNOME
GTK+
GLIB2
LIBXML2

I apologise but any help needs to be stroke by stroke as I'm soon lost on the command line.

Many Thanks. Aamcle

Semme

#2 Post by Semme »

Tell us the pup you're running and whether this package was installed with dependencies via package manager.

Ah, wrong spelling. It's gLabels! You're most likely looking @ a ton of deps with Gnome in there.

Tsk, tsk.. A sad thing for Pup.

But! If that's what you want, Pup's package manager can grab the whole shebag for ya.
>>> Living with the immediacy of death helps you sort out your priorities. It helps you live a life less trivial <<<

sheldonisaac

gLabels

#3 Post by sheldonisaac »

Semme wrote:Tell us the pup you're running and whether this package was installed with dependencies via package manager.

Ah, wrong spelling. It's gLabels! You're most likely looking @ a ton of deps with Gnome in there.

Tsk, tsk.. A sad thing for Pup.

But! If that's what you want, Pup's package manager can grab the whole shebag for ya.
I don't recall where I got this, but it works under lupusuper2, http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=90461

Code: Select all

~> ls -l /mnt/home/LP2_GLabels2281.sfs 
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 3362816 2015-04-14 21:54 /mnt/home/LP2_GLabels2281.sfs
~> 
Dell E6410: BusterPup, BionicPup64, Xenial, etc
Intel DQ35JOE, Dell Vostro 430
Dell Inspiron, Acer Aspire One, EeePC 1018P

Semme

#4 Post by Semme »

Good call Sheldon! <Pkg link removed>
>>> Living with the immediacy of death helps you sort out your priorities. It helps you live a life less trivial <<<