Where can I find Ian's PuppyMoney?

Using applications, configuring, problems
KevOB

Where can I find Ian's PuppyMoney?

#1 Post by KevOB »

I saw that Ian has succeeded with PuppyMoney using TclL/Tk. How do I get a copy to try it? It's not readily visible anywhere.

I too been having a look at Tcl for that purpose, having worked on several accounting suites in Clipper in the distant past. Some collaborative work may be useful.
The DOS/text environment made for easo of data entry and that along with appropriate controls is still a main requisite. For Puppy, it would be quite practical to have limits such as 16K transactions/year and amounts of plus/minus 22 million. for individual entries. Beyond that, a corporate grade program is merited. Using some old-fashioned techniques, such an indexed data file could fit in about a megabyte.

Kev

BarryK
Puppy Master

#2 Post by BarryK »

Hi, good that you are interested!
It will probably be best to wait until Puppy 2.13 comes out, as I have repackaged PuppyMoney Unleashed package to suit v2.13.

There is an old PuppyMoney .pup package on one of the software repositories, but note that the directories it installs into will be different in 2.13. The .pup package has libraries in it that are no longer required as they are already in 2.13.
But, you can try it if you want something to play with for now.

Ian is the guy to contact regarding collaborating on further development.

Lobster
Official Crustacean

Money Pro

#3 Post by Lobster »

email
imulgrewster AT gmail.com

- Puppy Money Pro being developed

Tcl - for those wondering
http://puppylinux.org/wikka/TclTk
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D