Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Wed 18 Sep 2019, 20:30
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » House Training » Users ( For the regulars )
eM Install recipe on xSlacko or Vlina-r2
Moderators: Flash, Ian, JohnMurga
Page 1 of 1 [1 Post]  
johnywhy

PostPosted: Wed 06 May 2015, 17:13    Post subject:  eM Install recipe on xSlacko or Vlina-r2  

Originally, i offered pay for this solution. But, people make puppy because they enjoy it, and this isn't a job board. Plus I'm relatively broke. Just saying I would be willing.

hello

i've been struggling unsuccessfully for about 2 weeks to get Wine installed in order to run eM mail client.
http://www.emclient.com/

have tried on Precise, Slacko, and Carolina (xfce and lxde versions).

I've seen weirdness with winetricks, messages about winbind, messages telling me i need dotnet 2 sp1 and dotnet 4, and then messages telling me it's already installed. Have seen messages about missing wxPython. Have tried manually installing dotnet, mono, gecko, winetricks, gtk, and several different versions of wine. Have tried wine's from the ppm, wines from Green_Dome's great repo, wine's from lina repo's, wine directly from winehq.com. Have tried wine 1.4x, 1.5x, 1.6x, and 1.7x. Have tried portable wine, PlayOnLinux, and normal install. I've tried POL binaries, and have tried compiling POL with SlackBuilds. Have successfully installed ms dotnet from winetricks, and have had winetricks close unexpectedly without doing anything. i've had eM install as expected, but then not run. In other scenarios, it won't even install. In no scenario will it run.

No joy, only sadness.
Very Happy
Lots of awesome people here have helped. But i'm too nooby to figure this out.

Basically, seeking someone to develop the recipe on their own machine, and then just provide the recipe.

I'm fine if steps include compiling from source (that would be fun!), as long as it's all in the recipe.

My preference is portable wine, to keep the bulk of wine out of my Pup Save, and so i can install new versions of eM later.
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=91748

Else, a POL package.
Else, a normal install.

It's for most recent Slacko. 2nd choice is Carolina-Vanguard-R2.

If there's a better way to run eM on Slacko or Lina, plz suggest.

thx!

(PS, ps, if you want to talk about why i should not use eM or wine, plz add your comments to the thread over here http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=844086
thx!)

i ♥ Puppy
Page 1 of 1 [1 Post]  
 Forum index » House Training » Users ( For the regulars )
Jump to: