how can install Minecraft with JRE 6 on Lucid ???

Booting, installing, newbie
calixtus06

how can install Minecraft with JRE 6 on Lucid ???

#1 Post by calixtus06 »

Hello, I'm french and beginner on linux. I have downloaded JRE6 in the package manager, minecraft.jar for linux. I saw in in the menu ( right clic for proprieties and permission ) and I didn't find anything ...

Please help me !! And a big thank for my child !!

Nico

nic007

#2 Post by nic007 »

Does it show in the package manager that JRE has been installed? On my puppy java is installed to /opt (so you can try to check there too). When installed, you have to associate the jar file with java, you do this by right-clicking on the jar file > click set run action in the menu > type java -jar "$@" in the space provided. You should then be able to open the jar file. BTW - you should ask your questions in the beginner's help section, this section is for people who want to show users how to do something not for asking questions.

calixtus06

#3 Post by calixtus06 »

Hello, I did it . Now in the menu there with jre1.6. But with some sub-menus. With which ones do I open minecraft ?

A big thank !

nic007

#4 Post by nic007 »

After associating jar files with java as explained in my first post, just clicking the minecraft.jar file should bring up the minecraft game launcher. Alternatively you can go to the directory where minecraft.jar is stored, right-click in any space in that directory and chose "terminal here" from the menu. Type java -jar minecraft.jar in terminal. This should also bring up the game launcher. Unfortunately I will not be able to assist you how to set up the game as I have never played it. But hold on, I'm sure a gamer will come along to assist you further with getting this game running.
Last edited by nic007 on Thu 07 May 2015, 01:49, edited 2 times in total.

nic007

#5 Post by nic007 »

Double post.

calixtus06

#6 Post by calixtus06 »

hello and thanks for your help. I managed to open launch but it can go to the game. Maybe this old pc needs some more ram ?