I put together a preliminary pet package for openssl-1.02

Configuration wizards, scanners, remote desktop, etc.
s243a

I put together a preliminary pet package for openssl-1.02

#1 Post by s243a »

Open-SSL 1.02 Snapshot w/ gost-engine (built in precice)
**note that this is the shared library version. openssl recommends static libraries if you are very paranoid about security. However, the version of bind that I donwloaded from the puppy-package-manager required shared libraries.

I put together a preliminary pet package for openssl-1.02, it seems to be working for the one thing I tried, but I am giving no warranties. You will also have to do some post install stuff which I have not made a script for in order to get this to work:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tkuonoxfshygf ... 2.pet?dl=0

Post install changes:
1. Move both

Code: Select all

/urs/lib/ssl/engines
/usr/lib/ssl/misc
to a backup folder.

2. Create a symbolic link From

/usr/lib/ssl/engines
to

/usr/local/ssl/lib/engines
3.Create a symbolic from:

/usr/local/ssl/lib/misc
to

/usr/local/ssl/misc
4. Create a symbolic link from

/usr/lib/openssl-1.0.0
to

/usr/lib/ssl
Edit (step 5)

I also moved:
/usr/bin/openssl
to an old back up section
then linked my newer version of this binary located in:
/usr/local/ssl/bin
to this location.

However, things seemed to work without doing this but I did upgrade ssl in march via petget in march so it my have only been the gost-engine that I was missing and my openssl binnary may have been up to date.

*Notes:
- this was sort of a hack so I'm sure more setup should be done and I can't gaurantee it will work on all versions of puppy.

- you may want to move the location of /usr/local/ssl to something like /usr/local/ssl/openssl-1.02. so that it is clear from the directory structure what version you have. This wil slightly change the above instructions. Someone more knowledgeable in linux then me can tell me if this is a good or bad idea. For instance what issues might it cause when upgrading openssl, how will it effect the ability of other software to find it, etc.

-my motivation from building from source was to get bind to work on precice. Precise was missing the shared library for gost-engine (see my other thread). Other versions of puppy may have this shared library or may have a different version of bind available which will look for a different version of open-ssl. I downloaded bind from the package manager on precise.

-bind is needed to check the signiture of DNSCrypt. I thought it was worth going through the trouble because DNSCrypt is a security tool, so I considered checking the signatures extra important.

Finally here are the hashes for the pet package:

MD5: bee5cf0331c1fbf9b07e17fd9b3f51c6
SHA1: efa71b309900cde88b0e7f82438699ccd4f900d2
SHA256: 1e7b6ce9782e007d53e7baf6a1ee9f78911599a14756cbabd793b77c2ae5b363

Edit: Final note. There is an optional dependency for open ssl which is "Kerberos". I presume that since puppy comes with openssl that this should already be installed on people systems. I didn't list it as a dependency because I didn't know how to list optional dependencies when using dir2pet.