Network Tray .pet doesn't work right in upups (Solved)

Configuration wizards, scanners, remote desktop, etc.
peebee

Network Tray .pet doesn't work right in upups (Solved)

#1 Post by peebee »

The network icon in the system tray in most recent pups comes from:

network_tray-2.9-i486.pet

Unfortunately this does not work correctly in the 2 most recent upups from 666philb - unicornpup and vividpup.

rerwin has discovered (with my testing help) that the following patch is needed:
Add to the end of the function named "Update" (which is invoked by the call, "gtk_timeout_add(interval, Update, NULL);"), the statement:

Code: Select all

return TRUE;
immediately before the ending "}"
The attached source and pet incorporates that patch. Tested to work correctly on vividpup.

#666philb - could these be uploaded to ibiblio please?
http://distro.ibiblio.org/puppylinux/sources/n/

If you install the pet onto vividpup to test then you will need to restart the x-server before testing.

rerwin has also detected that the source contains deprecated gtk_ calls and the update on 10-apr-15 includes these further changes.

Cheers
peebee

p.s. I started a new thread for network_tray as I could not find an existing one.
Last edited by peebee on Fri 18 Mar 2016, 18:24, edited 1 time in total.
ImageLxPup = Puppy + LXDE
Main version used daily: LxPupSc; Assembler of UPups, ScPup & ScPup64, LxPup, LxPupSc & LxPupSc64

peebee

#2 Post by peebee »

updated 10-apr-15 to fix deprecated gtk-calls identified by rerwin.
Main version used daily: LxPupSc; Assembler of UPups, ScPup & ScPup64, LxPup, LxPupSc & LxPupSc64

Pelo

further info needed about that

#3 Post by Pelo »

further info needed about that, at least a screenshot, PeeBee. ToOppy 2 from France needs some improvement in web connexion, because only PeasyWifi (peasyconnect) available in the menu. I load the pet, but where is the Networktray ?.
What does it contains ? SNS , Douglas Wizard ?
Attachments
peasyconnect.jpg
Same as Peasy-Wifi
(41.93 KiB) Downloaded 140 times
Last edited by Pelo on Wed 08 Mar 2017, 23:54, edited 1 time in total.

peebee

Re: further info needed about that

#4 Post by peebee »

Pelo wrote:further info needed about that, at least a screenshot, PeeBee. ToOppy 2 from France needs some improvement in web connexion, because only PeasyWifi (peasyconnect) available in the menu. I load the pet, but where is the Networktray ?.
What does it contains ? SNS , Douglas Wizard ?
I've marked this very old thread [REDUNDANT] as it has been overtaken by subsequent versions of network tray produced by 01micko

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#5 Post by Flash »

I hope you don't mind, peebee, that I changed it to Solved. :)