[ON HOLD] Can't get MT-7601 driver to work...

ardvark

#21 Post by ardvark »

Hi guys...

Yes, I installed the driver (using another adapter) while I was still using 6.0, however, during the session, I upgraded to 6.0.2 but was told I needed to reboot for all the changes made to take affect. So, I'm gathering for this to work, I would need to install Tahr to the hard drive.

Regards...

tempestuous

#22 Post by tempestuous »

ardvark wrote:I'm gathering for this to work, I would need to install Tahr to the hard drive.
Well, not necessarily a full hard drive installation, but the minimum requirement would be a (reasonably large) savefile, and you would certainly need a reboot so that this savefile is then in use, most critically including the revised kernel.

If you're wanting to test this wifi driver in a live-CD environment, it would a whole lot easier if you just get the tahr-6.0.2_PAE.iso
and boot to that.

ardvark

#23 Post by ardvark »

tempestuous wrote:If you're wanting to test this wifi driver in a live-CD environment, it would a whole lot easier if you just get the tahr-6.0.2_PAE.iso and boot to that.
I agree completely and, Lord willing, will try that as soon as possible. :)

I'm going to mark this thread as "ON HOLD" until I'm able to purchase some CD-R's and burn a copy of 6.0.2. Then I can report back with any findings.

Thanks again! :)