Openbox themes

Themes, icons, wallpapers, etc.
David Andrew

Openbox themes

#1 Post by David Andrew »

I'm in the process of creating some Openbox themes. I'll use this thread to continue adding new additions as time goes by.

First set of themes are Windows Whistler Watercolour themes:

http://box-look.org/content/show.php/Wh ... ent=167458

Next set are a collection of Windows 8 themes:

http://box-look.org/content/show.php/Wi ... ent=167483

Most recent is an Amiga theme:

http://box-look.org/content/show.php/Am ... ent=169175
Attachments
amigaob2.png
(19.04 KiB) Downloaded 913 times

Moat

#2 Post by Moat »

These are awesome - thanks! :) I'll bet the Windows 8 themes will look fantastic on Peebee's LxPup with some composting/shadowing enabled on the windows...

Good stuff!

Bob

peebee

#3 Post by peebee »

Very nice - thanks - I made a .pet of the Windows 8 themes....may appear in the next LxPup release....probably time for an updated look
Attachments
W8PhoneColoursOB.pet
Updated 13-mar-15
(168.92 KiB) Downloaded 395 times
Last edited by peebee on Fri 13 Mar 2015, 13:41, edited 1 time in total.
ImageLxPup = Puppy + LXDE
Main version used daily: LxPupSc; Assembler of UPups, ScPup & ScPup64, LxPup, LxPupSc & LxPupSc64

Keisha

a wish for an ideal Openbox theme

#4 Post by Keisha »

Hello,

While you're at it, and have the knowledge fresh in mind...

I attach a .gz containing three Openbox themes: Gelb, Gelb Chubby, and Mavos.

Usually I use Gelb.

But I wish the titlebar were as tall as the one in Gelb Chubby. However, I don't use Gelb Chubby because it does not have the nice wide easily-grabbable edge borders that Gelb has.

The only other big improvement I can think of to make to Gelb, besides a taller titlebar, would be to give the inactive windows a little bit of color, like Mavos does.

In my opinion, it would be 99% of perfect if you could take Gelb, and give it a tall titlebar like Gelb Chubby has, and then give the titlebars of both active and inactive windows the Mavos coloring. Only, make the titlebars look interlaced like Gelb's.

And if you were to take this 99%-of-perfect hybrid Gelb-Mavos theme, and, as the final touch, give it very slightly rounded corners...then in my opinion you would create a 100% perfect Openbox theme.
Attachments
gelb-gelb_chubby-mavos.tar.gz
(3.04 KiB) Downloaded 331 times
“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.â€￾ --Bruce Lee

smokey01

#5 Post by smokey01 »

One of my favourite themes is 23oz. It would be nice if it was available for OB.

David Andrew

#6 Post by David Andrew »

peebee wrote:Very nice - thanks - I made a .pet of the Windows 8 themes....may appear in the next LxPup release....probably time for an updated look
I'll be updating this theme in a few days. The buttons need to be a bright red when hovered above them.

David Andrew

Re: a wish for an ideal Openbox theme

#7 Post by David Andrew »

Keisha wrote:Hello,

Usually I use Gelb.

But I wish the titlebar were as tall as the one in Gelb Chubby. However, I don't use Gelb Chubby because it does not have the nice wide easily-grabbable edge borders that Gelb has.

The only other big improvement I can think of to make to Gelb, besides a taller titlebar, would be to give the inactive windows a little bit of color, like Mavos does.

In my opinion, it would be 99% of perfect if you could take Gelb, and give it a tall titlebar like Gelb Chubby has, and then give the titlebars of both active and inactive windows the Mavos coloring. Only, make the titlebars look interlaced like Gelb's.

And if you were to take this 99%-of-perfect hybrid Gelb-Mavos theme, and, as the final touch, give it very slightly rounded corners...then in my opinion you would create a 100% perfect Openbox theme.
Leave it to me. Although rounded corners are not possible with Openbox.

David Andrew

#8 Post by David Andrew »

smokey01 wrote:One of my favourite themes is 23oz. It would be nice if it was available for OB.
This one?

I can give it a try, keeping the limitations of Openbox in mind.

David Andrew

#9 Post by David Andrew »

Keisha wrote:Hello,

Usually I use Gelb.

Window titlebar size now matches the Gelb Chubby one, and the inactive titlebar now matches the Mavos theme while interlaced.
Attachments
gelbnew.png
(29.4 KiB) Downloaded 758 times
GelbMavosHybrid.zip
(4.8 KiB) Downloaded 328 times

smokey01

#10 Post by smokey01 »

Looks similar but the one attached is the one I was referring to.

Thanks
David Andrew wrote:
smokey01 wrote:One of my favourite themes is 23oz. It would be nice if it was available for OB.
This one?

I can give it a try, keeping the limitations of Openbox in mind.
Attachments
23oz_GTK_JWM_themes.pet
(25.86 KiB) Downloaded 357 times

Keisha

#11 Post by Keisha »

David Andrew wrote:...Window titlebar size now matches the Gelb Chubby one, and the inactive titlebar now matches the Mavos theme while interlaced.
:lol: sorry; I didn't know that asking for rounded corners in Openbox is about like asking for fuel injection on a Tesla...many thanks!
“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.â€￾ --Bruce Lee

smokey01

#12 Post by smokey01 »

David,

I seemed to have sussed it. Nice to have 23oz back again and this time in Fatdog-700.

http://smokey01.com/fd700/packages/23oz ... 101005.txz

Cheers
Attachments
23oz.png
23oz OpenBox theme.
(94.86 KiB) Downloaded 742 times

David Andrew

#13 Post by David Andrew »

smokey01 wrote:David,

I seemed to have sussed it. Nice to have 23oz back again and this time in Fatdog-700.

http://smokey01.com/fd700/packages/23oz ... 101005.txz

Cheers
I installed it and can't seem to find the 23oz OB theme for it, only the GTK theme. The OB theme in your screenshot looks a lot like the new Clearlooks theme.

In any case, I've started working on my own OB theme for it. Here's a sneak preview. Still needs work on the inactive and menu section, and subject to change. Will upload it after completion:

David Andrew

#14 Post by David Andrew »

Moat wrote:These are awesome - thanks! :) I'll bet the Windows 8 themes will look fantastic on Peebee's LxPup with some composting/shadowing enabled on the windows...

Good stuff!

Bob
Thanks.

Though people will still be able to tell its not Windows 8, because with LXDE there isn't a mind-boggling removal of a simple start menu.

Moat

#15 Post by Moat »

David Andrew wrote:Though people will still be able to tell its not Windows 8...
Frankly, I'm not a fan of the modern bare, flat, drab Win8/Metro "look" whatsoever - but the combination of these OB window decorations with a more traditional desktop/Gtk theme layout somehow looks fantastic, IMHO! 8)

Bob
Attachments
screenie_chloe3.jpg
On Precise 5.7.1
(86.96 KiB) Downloaded 691 times

David Andrew

#16 Post by David Andrew »

David Andrew

#17 Post by David Andrew »

I'm open to OB theme requests for about a week.

David Andrew

#18 Post by David Andrew »

Anyone know how to access pure Openbox mode under Puppy? As in, no desktop icons or panels?

David Andrew

#19 Post by David Andrew »

Windows 8 theme now updated with bright red hover icons:

http://box-look.org/content/show.php/Wi ... ent=167483

smokey01

#20 Post by smokey01 »

David Andrew wrote: I installed it and can't seem to find the 23oz OB theme for it, only the GTK theme.
Sorry David I didn't make myself clear. It's only the GTK theme but it works fine in OpenBox.

I particularly like the glossy sliders, check boxes and rounded corners.

Thanks