Downloaded .pup file won't open or install

Booting, installing, newbie
meanland22

Downloaded .pup file won't open or install

#1 Post by meanland22 »

When I downloaded a .pup file to puppy and I clicked on it,it would not run itself. A error appered and said. File integrity ERROR:BURNS2.PUP suggestion:download the file again. not enough space to unzip?

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#2 Post by Flash »

You need to tell us more. How are you running Puppy (from hard disk, live CD or what?) Do you have a swap file or partition? How much RAM have you? For best results Puppy requires at least 128 MB.
[url=http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=69321][color=blue]Puppy Help 101 - an interactive tutorial for Lupu 5.25[/color][/url]

meanland22

running puppy

#3 Post by meanland22 »

Iam running puppy from hard drive

GuestToo
Puppy Master

#4 Post by GuestToo »

what is the package for? ... where did you get it?

it might be a corrupted file, or it might be a file that is not on the server (the downloader program will pass an empty file - o bytes - to the dotpup handler program if the file is not on the server) ... or it might be a package that was not made properly

the main idea with the file integrity check: if the program does not work properly after it is installed, the creator of the package knows that it uploaded and downloaded properly and does not have to consider a corrupted file as a possible cause of the problem

marksouth2000

#5 Post by marksouth2000 »

Most often the "file integrity error" is caused by an incomplete download due to the server dropping the connection. Like the message says, you need to download the dotpup file again.

Cheers,
Mark 8)

happypuppy

#6 Post by happypuppy »

Brian C

#7 Post by Brian C »

I'm having the same problem when I try to install openssh-daemon. I've tried redownloading it, closing the program and opening it again, but it doesn't work. I definitely have enough space.

GuestToo
Puppy Master

#8 Post by GuestToo »

if that is a message from the dotpup handler script, that means the unzip -t test failed ... what do you get if you type:

unzip -t name-of-the-file

Brian C

#9 Post by Brian C »

This is actually with the dotpup downloader, so I don't have a dotpup file to try.

GuestToo
Puppy Master

#10 Post by GuestToo »

if you are using the download program, it is probably a broken link ... the links for the dotpup files that were hosted by the forum are pretty much all broken, and will not work, until someone fixes them (each file has a number, and the number for each dotpup file on the forum has changed) ... plus there are still some that link to the old goosee server, that are also broken (and can't be fixed, they need to be removed)

GuestToo
Puppy Master

#11 Post by GuestToo »

if the dotpup package is on the forum, you can search for it, and download it directly from the forum, and click it to install ... it's just the links on other websites that link to the forum that are broken