Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Wed 13 Nov 2019, 12:09
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Projects
DebianDog - Wheezy
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Page 36 of 99 [1481 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, ..., 97, 98, 99 Next
Keisha

PostPosted: Sat 07 Feb 2015, 10:20    Post subject: Re: wide screen
Subject description: modesetting video driver

L18L wrote:
Imagine I am a bit like nooby and not able (or not willing to learn) to manage different kernels or load additional drivers.

I will have 1920x1080 when it will be automatically enabled out of the box...

saintless wrote:
Thank you, L18L.
You already reported 1920x1080 is available on first boot with kernel 3.14-pae.

@L18L: Perhaps I have confused you, since I too am just learning all this.

I have been reading the late nooby's posts. He seems to have been a very thoughtful and earnest Puppy fan.

So, tonight when I get home from work, in nooby's honor, I will give step-by-step instructions for installing the 3.14.0-bpo kernel in the Feb 2 2014 *** er, I mean 2015 Embarassed Rolling Eyes *** openbox-xfce4 Debian Dog as a frugal install on sdb2 (or any partition you can name) including the *correct* grub menu.lst stanzas for live-boot-2x and -3x Laughing

saintless wrote:
If /live/image is the only thing you like ther you will find the same /live/image and /live/cow links properly created on boot for porteus-boot and live-boot-3.

@saintless: another EUREKA!!! --I didn't see that before.

live-boot-3x creates the /live/image symlink.
live-boot-2x does not create the /lib/live/mount/persistence/sdb2 symlink.

So, then, live-boot-3x it is, for me, from now on. With an encrypted persistence savefile, if I can figure out how to do that. On an ext4 partition, fsck'ed at every boot, per gyro's instructions http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=97235.

Thanks again to you both for this fantastic toy and your patient guidance!

Last edited by Keisha on Sat 07 Feb 2015, 22:45; edited 1 time in total
fredx181

PostPosted: Sat 07 Feb 2015, 11:06    Post subject:  

Hi Toni,

Quote:
It will be nice to keep both for upgrade(new)/downgrade(old) apt2sfs.deb

Yes, fine by me.

Quote:
The cli versions has this kill message when the script is interrupted (I guess kill command does not find process to kill?):
Code:
Aarghh!! Interrupted! Will try to restore now.
kill: usage: kill [-s sigspec | -n signum | -sigspec] pid | jobspec ... or kill -l [sigspec]
Succesfully unmounted and cleaned up!

Are you sure it's with the cli version?
It doesn't have the "Aarghh!! Interrupted!" message.
Anyway, thanks, I'll look at it, probably the PID to be killed doesn't exist anymore at that time.

Quote:
One suggestion to make the script even safer. When the script is interrupted on mksquashfs stage it removes the working folder but keeps broken squashfs module with the same name on the hard drive. I think it is better to remove also the squashfs module (if exists) when the script is interrupted. Otherwise the user will think the script does not work and loading such broken module on boot will stop the boot process.

Yes, good suggestion, BTW when interrupting by Ctrl+C the .squashfs will be deleted but when closing the terminal it keeps a broken squashfs module AFAIK.

@Keisha
Quote:
So, tonight when I get home from work, in nooby's honor, I will give step-by-step instructions for installing the 3.14.0-bpo kernel in the Feb 2 2014 openbox-xfce4 Debian Dog as a frugal install on sdb2 (or any partition you can name) including the *correct* grub menu.lst stanzas for live-boot-2x and -3x Laughing

Nice! Smile
Make it Feb 2 2015 openbox-xfce4 Debian Dog Wink

Fred
saintless

PostPosted: Sat 07 Feb 2015, 11:35    Post subject:  

Hi, Fred.

Quote:
Are you sure it's with the cli version?
It doesn't have the "Aarghh!! Interrupted!" message.

My mistake, it is GUI indeed.

Quote:
BTW when interrupting by Ctrl+C the .squashfs will be deleted but when closing the terminal it keeps a broken squashfs module AFAIK.

I never use Ctrl+C but closing the terminal with mouse click or Alt+F4. I'm glad we use different ways - it makes easier finding fixes and improvements Smile

Hi, Keisha
Quote:
So, tonight when I get home from work, in nooby's honor, I will give step-by-step instructions for installing the 3.14.0-bpo kernel in the Feb 2 2014 openbox-xfce4 Debian Dog as a frugal install on sdb2 (or any partition you can name) including the *correct* grub menu.lst stanzas for live-boot-2x and -3x Laughing

It will be nice and I will link your post in DebianDog HowTo thread.
What I can do in the next days is to make this change easier by uploading DebianDog both versions with kernel 3.14-pae included as default and give link in the first post. I do not expect anymore Wheezy iso updates and maybe it is time to do it. But it will be uploaded in my google drive.

Toni

fredx181

PostPosted: Sat 07 Feb 2015, 12:29    Post subject:  

Hi Toni.

Quote:
My mistake, it is GUI indeed.

Ok, I see.

http://smokey01.com/saintless/DebianDog/Packages/Fixes/Fixes-after-02.02.2014.txt

You also? If you like it or not, get used to it! We live now in 2015. Very Happy

Fred
saintless

PostPosted: Sat 07 Feb 2015, 12:46    Post subject:  

Link fixed in my posts, Fred.
http://smokey01.com/saintless/DebianDog/Packages/Fixes/Fixes-after-02.02.2015.txt
But I hope to keep this file empty Smile
Keisha

PostPosted: Sun 08 Feb 2015, 02:15    Post subject: How I installed 20150202 DebDogWheezy k3.14.0-bpo
Subject description: in honor of the late nooby

How I installed the Feb 2 2015 version of DebianDog Wheezy openbox-xfce and transplanted-in the 3.14.0-bpo kernel:

I started from a full install of Quirky Unicorn 6.21 on sda3, and I installed DebianDog to its own frugal subdirectory on sdb2, formatted ext4. The installed frugal subdirectory is 1.39 GB in size, including a 1 GB savefile and a 151 MB .iso (which can be deleted after step 12).

1. Install Quirky Unicorn (or your preferred Puppy). Boot it.

2. Open the target partition (in my case, /mnt/sdb2) in ROX-Filer, create new subdirectory /mnt/sdb2/DebDogWheezy-Feb-2015

3. Open a browser e.g. Seamonkey, go to http://smokey01.com/saintless/DebianDog/ and download http://smokey01.com/saintless/DebianDog/DebianDog-Wheezy-openbox_xfce.iso into /mnt/sdb2/DebDogWheezy-Feb-2015

4. Also download http://smokey01.com/saintless/DebianDog/md5sum.txt into /mnt/sdb2/DebDogWheezy-Feb-2015

5. In the ROX-Filer window on /mnt/sdb2/DebDogWheezy-Feb-2015, press the leftquote key (upper left corner of keyboard under Esc) to open a terminal window in /mnt/sdb2/DebDogWheezy-Feb-2015

6. run the command
Code:
ls
and you should see DebianDog-Wheezy-openbox_xfce.iso, if not then you are in the wrong subdirectory.

7. run the command
Code:
md5sum DebianDog-Wheezy-openbox_xfce.iso
and you should see the result
f4eeaa503b665d3c2073725a644025c5 DebianDog-Wheezy-openbox_xfce.iso
as verified in md5sum.txt (open it in Geany or Leafpad). If not, then you have downloaded the wrong version of the .iso, or you got a bad download.

8. In the ROX-Filer window on /mnt/sdb2/DebDogWheezy-Feb-2015, left-click on the .iso's icon to mount it. A new ROX-Filer window appears showing the contents of the .iso

9. In the new ROX-Filer window, press ctrl-a to highlight all four of the files.

10. Drag'n'drop them all at once into the same ROX-Filer window (same directory) as the .iso is in, choose Copy.

11. Close the /mnt/+mnt+sdb2+DebDogWheezy-Feb-2015+DebianDog-Wheezy-openbox_xfce.iso ROX-Filer window.

12. Left-click on the icon of DebianDog-Wheezy-openbox_xfce.iso in the /mnt/sdb2/DebDogWheezy-Feb-2015 window, to unmount the .iso. You should see an "Unmounting DebianDog-Wheezy-openbox_xfce.iso" message.

13. In the /mnt/sdb2/DebDogWheezy-Feb-2015 ROX-Filer window, left-click the icon of the "live" subdirectory. There should be six files and four subdirectories in it.

14. In the browser, go to http://smokey01.com/saintless/DebianDog/System-modules/ and download http://smokey01.com/saintless/DebianDog/System-modules/026-kernel-3.14-Pae.tar.gz into /mnt/sdb2/DebDogWheezy-Feb-2015/live

15. In the ROX-Filer window on /mnt/sdb2/DebDogWheezy-Feb-2015/live, left-click the icon of 026-kernel-3.14-Pae.tar.gz to open it in XArchive or xarchiver. Choose Extract OK OK OK {close window}.

16. Get rid of 026-kernel-3.14-Pae.tar.gz either by deleting it (right-click its icon, delete) or by drag'n'drop (Move)-ing it to the upper subdirectory /mnt/sdb2/DebDogWheezy-Feb-2015.

17. Next, configure some means of saving your session. There are three means, explained succinctly by saintless in the post
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=771571&sid=7853d08c4f468160baec793310d8c974#771571 and in the three posts linked from that one.

Each way constitutes a distinct boot method. Two of the methods offer encryption of the savefile. For this example I am going to choose an unencrypted live-boot-3x savefile.

18. Go to http://smokey01.com/saintless/ and download http://smokey01.com/saintless/1Gb-persistence-or-live-rw.zip to /mnt/sdb2/DebDogWheezy-Feb-2015/live
(the other .zip file in this directory, 1gb-example-save-file.zip, is the savefile named live-rw which is used for the live-boot-2x boot method).

19. In the ROX-Filer window on /mnt/sdb2/DebDogWheezy-Feb-2015/live, left-click on 1Gb-persistence-or-live-rw.zip to open it in XArchive or xarchiver, Extract OK OK OK close, this will put a file named "persistence" into /mnt/sdb2/DebDogWheezy-Feb-2015/live (warning: it is 1 GB in size, so use PMount to make sure you have 1GB of free space on the partition before you unpack 1Gb-persistence-or-live-rw.zip).

20. Get rid of 1Gb-persistence-or-live-rw.zip (either delete it or move it to the directory higher up, /mnt/sdb2/DebDogWheezy-Feb-2015).

21. There are now 16 or 17 items (12 files, or 13 if you downloaded the savefile, plus 4 subdirectories) in /mnt/sdb2/DebDogWheezy-Feb-2015/live (screen capture below, taken from the running install, I clicked on sdb2 then drilled down from there). These items are:

base (empty subdirectory)
modules (empty subdirectory)
optional (empty subdirectory)
rootcopy (empty subdirectory)
01-filesystem.squashfs (the compressed live Debian filesystem)
026-kernel-3.14.0.bpo-pae.squashfs (loadable modules and other support files for kernel 3.14.0-bpo)
initrd1.img (the live-boot-2x initrd for the 3.2.0-4-486 Debian kernel)
initrd1.xz (the porteus-boot initrd for the 3.2.0-4-486 Debian kernel)
initrd61.img (the live-boot-3x initrd for the 3.14.0-bpo Debian kernel)
initrd62.img (the live-boot-2x initrd for the 3.14.0-bpo Debian kernel)
initrd63.xz (the porteus-boot initrd for the 3.14.0-bpo Debian kernel)
initrd.img (the live-boot-3x initrd for the 3.2.0-4-486 Debian kernel)
persistence (savefile, analogous to the savefile in a Puppy frugal install) (unless you skipped steps 18-20)
Readme-initrd-3.14-pae.txt (describes the three initrd6*.* files) (it is safe to delete it)
vmlinuz1 (the 3.2.0-4-486 Debian kernel)
vmlinuz6 (the 3.14.0-bpo Debian kernel)
wheezy-i486.sgn (tells the init script to mount the live filesystem from this subdirectory) (needed only for porteus-boot, not needed for live-boot--see Fred's message, below)

Next, open grub.conf or menu.lst, whichever your installation of the grub bootloader uses. Mine uses menu.lst.

If you did not download 1Gb-persistence-or-live-rw.zip then use this stanza:

Code:
title DebDogWheezy-Feb-2015 openbox-xfce4 k3.14.0-bpo live-boot-3x no savefile
root (hd1,1)
kernel /DebDogWheezy-Feb-2015/live/vmlinuz6 boot=live live-media-path=/DebDogWheezy-Feb-2015/live/ config swapon noeject quickreboot autologin showmounts
initrd /DebDogWheezy-Feb-2015/live/initrd61.img
boot

For a non-encrypted savefile, use this stanza:
(NOTE: earlier version of this stanza absent-mindedly omitted the rw-basemount switch. Sorry about that! Embarassed )
Code:
title DebDogWheezy-Feb-2015 openbox-xfce4 k3.14.0-bpo live-boot-3x not encrypted
root (hd1,1)
kernel /DebDogWheezy-Feb-2015/live/vmlinuz6 boot=live live-media-path=/DebDogWheezy-Feb-2015/live/ config persistence persistence-path=/DebDogWheezy-Feb-2015/live/ swapon noeject quickreboot autologin showmounts rw-basemount
boot

and that's it. Now reboot.

I am still working on using an encrypted savefile. Instructions for Debian Dog Squeeze are at http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=794798#794798 but I have not yet succeeded in getting Debian Dog Wheezy to recognize and mount an encrypted persistence savefile.

(note: more example boot codes are at:
http://smokey01.com/saintless/DebianDog/Examples-boot-codes.txt
)

Saintless will soon upload a version of Debian Dog with the 3.14.0-bpo kernel already built-in, at http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=771569#771569, so these instructions will shortly become less useful Laughing
2015-02-07-221252.png
 Description   the live subdirectory
 Filesize   173.82 KB
 Viewed   759 Time(s)

2015-02-07-221252.png

Last edited by Keisha on Mon 09 Feb 2015, 12:00; edited 3 times in total
saintless

PostPosted: Sun 08 Feb 2015, 04:54    Post subject:  

Thank you, Keisha!

Link to your instruction added in the first post of this thread (Related links).

Quote:
I am still working on using an encrypted savefile. Instructions for Debian Dog Squeeze are at http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=794798#794798 but I have not yet succeeded in getting Debian Dog Wheezy to recognize and mount an encrypted persistence savefile.

The problem most probably is for some reason encrypted persistence save file was not properly created. It could be created without formatting and/or without persistence.conf file inside.
If you made encrypted save file with this script:
http://www.smokey01.com/saintless/DebianDog-Squeeze/Packages/mk-save-crypt.zip
it auto creates persistence.conf file inside.
Pictures with all prompts while creating the save file with mk-save-crypt you can see here (at the end of this post):
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=773215#773215
(Name the file persistence and note the upper case confirmation YES question).
After creating the file check if it is OK with Crypt Save Utility (or by typing move-in-crypt in terminal):
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=801435#801435
Use option 3 (Mount encrypted save file to check, move, delete files.) and open persistence encrypted.
If you see new Xfe window with directory lost+found and persistence.conf all is OK.
Then your example boot code should work with encrypted (and non-encrypted) save /DebDogWheezy-Feb-2015/live/persistence after changing to:
Code:
title DebDogWheezy-Feb-2015 openbox-xfce4 k3.14.0-bpo live-boot-3x encrypted and not encrypted
root (hd1,1)
kernel /DebDogWheezy-Feb-2015/live/vmlinuz6 boot=live live-media-path=/DebDogWheezy-Feb-2015/live/ config persistence persistence-path=/DebDogWheezy-Feb-2015/live/ swapon noeject quickreboot autologin showmounts persistence-encryption=none,luks
boot

Using porteus-boot encrypted save is much easier. You just need to check encrypted box in the included make save file utility. No changing in the boot code is needed for porteus-boot.
Live-boot-3 is the official Debian Wheezy boot method (using live-boot v.3 and higher) but it is a little bit difficult with encrypted till you learn how to use it. The only encrypted advantage for live-boot-3 is it supports also encrypted save partition with label persistence.

Toni
Keisha

PostPosted: Sun 08 Feb 2015, 06:09    Post subject: Questons on transplanting an rt kernel into Debian Dog  

I won't have time to play with Fred's apt2sfs til Monday.

I did use mk-save-crypt to create the persistence savefile. I must have made a mistake somewhere.

Currently I'm porteus-booting with a live/changes subdirectory using

Code:
title DebDogWheezy-Feb-2015/live openbox-xfce4 porteus-boot
root (hd1,1)
kernel /DebDogWheezy-Feb-2015/live/vmlinuz6 from=/DebDogWheezy-Feb-2015/ copy2ram changes=/DebDogWheezy-Feb-2015/live/ noauto
initrd /DebDogWheezy-Feb-2015/live/initrd63.xz

and am contemplating the idea of doing an LFS build all the way up through kernel 3.14.29-rt26.

And then see how much of the LFS build can be transplanted into DebianDog before something breaks. A porteus-boot with live/changes seems like a suitable guinea-pig to try this on.

DebianDog is very stable and has Synaptic. If it had a modern -rt kernel which can see f2fs partitions and has full modesetting, what more could one ask?

Last edited by Keisha on Sun 08 Feb 2015, 10:15; edited 1 time in total
fredx181

PostPosted: Sun 08 Feb 2015, 08:34    Post subject:  

Hi Keisha,

Quote:
copy2ram toram=01-filesystem.squashfs

You are mixing again Smile
toram=01-filesystem.squashfs is for live-boot and copy2ram for porteus-boot.
Btw, copy2ram will copy all at boot loaded modules to ram, not only 01-filesystem.squashfs .
Look in "/mnt/live/memory/copy2ram" directory.

Using rammod cheatcode you can use it selective, quoted from here:
http://www.porteus.org/tutorials/26-general-info-tutorials/117-cheatcodes-what-they-are-and-how-to-use-them.html
Quote:
You can also use the 'rammod' cheatcode to selectively load
modules to RAM - see the 'rammod' description below.

Edit: Thanks for your tutorial!
Btw, the wheezy-i486.sgn file is only needed for porteus-boot

Hi, Toni,

Here are the apt2sfs debs (remove dummy .tar)
- Not creating broken module when interrupted.
- Fixed displaying some (harmless) warnings. (still maybe sometimes e.g. from rmdir if a directory is already removed, it's not a problem)
Phew... took me awhile to figure out how to do it the right way creating .deb.
I regret BTW that we don't have exactly the same names for .desktop files, it makes it harder.
The older .deb has only previous apt2sfs (no CLI or full install)
If something is wrong or if you have other suggestions, please let me know.

Edit: re-uploaded apt2sfs_1.0.2_i386.deb with small change:
- when interrupted during creating the .squashfs by mksquashfs it shows message that it could not be created.
(instead of message previously "Done creating ...squashfs")

Edit2: re-uploaded apt2sfs_1.0.2_i386.deb
Fix:
Tested and working now with other than root account (e.g. user puppy)

Fred
apt2sfs_1.0.2_i386.deb.tar
Description  New apt2sfs version, including CLI and full install scripts, fix for 'user' account
tar

Download 
Filename  apt2sfs_1.0.2_i386.deb.tar 
Filesize  16.17 KB 
Downloaded  161 Time(s) 
apt2sfs_1.0.1_i386.deb.tar
Description  apt2sfs as included in DD (feb 02 2015) for option to downgrade if newer version 1.0.2 is installed
tar

Download 
Filename  apt2sfs_1.0.1_i386.deb.tar 
Filesize  9.99 KB 
Downloaded  192 Time(s) 

Last edited by fredx181 on Thu 12 Feb 2015, 17:58; edited 3 times in total
saintless

PostPosted: Sun 08 Feb 2015, 08:38    Post subject: Re: Questons on transplanting an rt kernel into Debian Dog  

Keisha wrote:
...and am contemplating the idea of doing an LFS build all the way up through kernel 3.14.29-rt26.

And then see how much of the LFS build can be transplanted into DebianDog before something breaks. A porteus-boot with live/changes seems like a suitable guinea-pig to try this on.

If you build 3.14.29-rt26 make sure to follow Debian instruction for this. Don't do it from Puppy or different linux but from standard Debian Wheezy or from DebianDog loading the DEVX file:
http://smokey01.com/saintless/DebianDog/System-modules/06-DEVX-DebDog-2.squashfs
No problem to use porteus-boot for this. Once you have /lib/modules/kernel-3.14.29-rt26 folder and /boot/vmlinuz-3.14.29-rt26 make initrd.img (you can do it only for live-boot-3 at this point):
Code:
cd /boot
mkinitramfs -o initrd.img-3.14.29-rt26 3.14.29-rt26

This will make /boot/initrd.img-3.14.29-rt26 for live-boot-3
Move or copy /boot/initrd.img-3.14.29-rt26 and /boot/vmlinuz-3.14.29-rt26 inside /live/.
Don't reboot yet. You need to make squashfs module with the new rtai kernel because for the moment you can test only live-boot-3 which does not read /live/changes save folder.
Use remastercow (create module from changes) to make 02-kernel-3.14.29-rt26.squashfs and copy/move it in /live
Now you can test to boot with initrd.img-3.14.29-rt26 and initrd.img-3.14.29-rt26 using live-boot-3 code. Test it without persistence or use persistence save file on different partition. initrd.img will need patch from refracta forum to make it use encrypted save file and use persistence on the boot partition. Easy to be done later if the system boots.
If it boots I will help you further with remastering, cleaning the kernel module and making initrd files for live-boot-2 and porteus-boot. BTW we have such utility that will do the initrd files for you:
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=779176#779176
But wait till you get there first Smile

Toni

saintless

PostPosted: Sun 08 Feb 2015, 08:47    Post subject:  

Thanks, Fred.
I will test it but I suggest we wait with the official deb package uploaded in DD repository. Lets do it the best way we can first.
fredx181 wrote:
I regret BTW that we don't have exactly the same names for .desktop files, it makes it harder.

Not anymore Smile In latest Jwm version the menu system is safe to use the same name desktop files. It also will not delete desktop files after apt-get dist-upgrade.
The problem was created from converting menu to desktop files script that is auto-running in all previous DD Jwm versions. It does not run anymore in latest version.
For all previous DD versions installing mkjwmmenu deb will make the same menu setup as in latest Jwm version.
http://smokey01.com/saintless/DebianDog/Packages/Included/mkjwmmenu_1.0.0-1_i386.deb
Feel free to give any name for desktop files in the future. We have compatibility solution with older versions if it is needed.

Toni

fredx181

PostPosted: Sun 08 Feb 2015, 09:41    Post subject:  

Hi Toni,

Quote:
Not anymore Smile In latest Jwm version the menu system is safe to use the same name desktop files.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean.
I should have been more clear, what I meant is the difference between Jwm and Openbox in names of the .desktop.
For example for apt2sfs; in Openbox it's 'Apt2sfs.desktop' and in Jwm it's 'apt2sfs.desktop'.
To solve it I added a line in postinst from apt2sfs.deb that removes 'Apt2sfs.desktop' and included in .deb 'apt2sfs.desktop'. (otherwise there would be 2 apt2sfs menu entries in Openbox, I think).
Not a big problem, it just needs to be watched every time we make a .deb that that replaces default included files. (also menu icons are different in Openbox or Jwm version, btw)

Quote:
Feel free to give any name for desktop files in the future. We have compatibility solution with older versions if it is needed.

With 'name' you mean the name as 'title' (which shows in the menu) or <name>.desktop?
And can it contain spaces in <name>.desktop?
But maybe I understand wrong.

Fred
Keisha

PostPosted: Sun 08 Feb 2015, 10:33    Post subject: Re: Questons on transplanting an rt kernel into Debian Dog  

saintless wrote:
Keisha wrote:
...and am contemplating the idea of doing an LFS build all the way up through kernel 3.14.29-rt26.

If you build 3.14.29-rt26 make sure to follow Debian instruction for this. Don't do it from Puppy or different linux but from standard Debian Wheezy or from DebianDog loading the DEVX file...:Toni

Actually I did it from the Porteus-Wheezy which runs kernel 3.13.6, using Synaptic to bring in gcc.

DejaGnu during the initial toolchain build (inside the chroot-jail) is tricky, because there's a circular dependency they don't mention in the text. And you can't make menuconfig until you do a long roundabout build of freetype+fontconfig.

But here it is (see attached screencap).

Thanks hugely for the guidance.

saintless

PostPosted: Sun 08 Feb 2015, 10:34    Post subject:  

Hi, Fred.
fredx181 wrote:
I'm not exactly sure what you mean.

I mean this:
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=786147#786147

Quote:
To solve it I added a line in postinst from apt2sfs.deb that removes 'Apt2sfs.desktop' and included in .deb 'apt2sfs.desktop'. (otherwise there would be 2 apt2sfs menu entries in Openbox, I think).
Not a big problem, it just needs to be watched every time we make a .deb that that replaces default included files. (also menu icons are different in Openbox or Jwm version, btw)

This is really not a big problem. The difficult part is I still want every package uploaded in DD repository to be working (or at least safe to be installed) in standard Debian system. This why I like to have more time for testing before adding new package in DD repository.

Quote:
With 'name' you mean the name as 'title' (which shows in the menu) or <name>.desktop?
And can it contain spaces in <name>.desktop?

It was not OK in older DD-Jwm. Now it is OK to have spaces in <name>.desktop

Toni

Keisha

PostPosted: Sun 08 Feb 2015, 10:35    Post subject:  

When you say "the Debian instructions", where do I find these?
Page 36 of 99 [1481 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, ..., 97, 98, 99 Next
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Projects
Jump to: