A Tribute to TaZoC and the LIghtHouse he left us.

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
gcmartin

A Tribute to TaZoC and the LIghtHouse he left us.

#1 Post by gcmartin »

One of Puppy's great members (and there are and have been a few) created one of the greatest full featured distros in the Puppy kennel. He used off the shelf products, mainline in Linux, to present a masterful mix of ease of use desktop arrangements ever seen, here.

Much of what he produced were things where he would take PUP products and advance them with simple and mostly easy to understand implementations such that any user, experienced or new, would become comfortable in use of the LightHouse distro with the many advancements that are resident, OOTB.

He went so far as to create a massive website, where he extends useful information specific to each distro version he created, but also to understanding the architecture of what he presented for anyone's understanding. That site, paid for by his own resources, still stands for users to gather, understand, and acquire LightHouse and any of the family of LightHouse distros and products. He was dedicated to the cause of user-friendly Puppy distros and it is exhibited in the class of the work he left for us. Seems everything he touched was done with a high standard of offering. He distros were extremely stable and speedy dispelling notions that were once held true about full function distros in Puppyland.

In the 64bit arena which he presents to us, he provided us with a BASE version of LightHouse and a FULL Featured version called "Mariner" for each year's family of LightHouse. This being done so that it would be attractive, no matter, what your desire to be.

The major beauty of one of his distros, Mariner, is that once a user booted, there was little to nothing that you would need to add, for simple use or for Entertainment Editing or for Central serving of content to LAN members. It was all built in. And, even today, some are just now discovery the little gems he scattered all around that proves useful in achieving work elements when using Mariner.

I, for one, have NEVER made a frugal or full install of his distro, choosing to run the system from DVD. I have found that the DVD affords unparalled RAM based performance neglecting the need to use physical space on any other media. I have one LightHouse PC which was only restarted at the very beginning saving its save-session on the original DVD. It ran for over a year until I consciously shut it down before leaving for vacation. This shares how stable the system is. I currently use it on 2 laptops and 1 PC.

He credited everyone whose items he used in the masterful arrangement he presented to us.

I ask, for those of us, who benefited from his achievement to take a moment to reflect on the unassuming, humble, approach he exhibited with the many in this forum.

Its 2015, @TaZoC, wherever you might exist, "Peace be with you". And, I say THANK YOU :!:

Edited: Corrections of typos, hyperlinks.
Last edited by gcmartin on Tue 27 Jan 2015, 02:06, edited 4 times in total.

gcmartin

Remembering TaZoC, you might find this appropriate request.

#2 Post by gcmartin »

I want to draw attention to one Puppy member who needs our help! He is new to Puppyland and his name is @Dry Falls.

@Dry Falls has fallen in love with @TaZoC's so much that he intends to pay tribute to the things he has found in TaZoC work. In his own right, he pays tribute to @TaZoC by making a brazen step to resurrect and keep alive the wonderful contribution to what @TaZoC has done for us.

He has made strives, and he needs our help to make ease what he is trying to do to keep @TaZoC creation alive. For many of you, you are aware of some of those "gem" @TaZoC embedded in Lighthouse; and, you know how to ensure or extend those gems for obvious benefit.

Please do everything you can to both welcome his joining Puppyland as well as anything you can contribute to helping to support the advancement of the work @TaZoC left with us.

Many of you, in 2014, made significant advancements in areas of Puppy Linux. Those advancements are also needed in LightHouse, as well.

So anything we can do to help, throw a little muscle to guide this distro to provide similar esteem as was seen when @TaZoC was living with us in the forum.

Thanks for ANY considerations you would want to present, to help.

@Dry Falls' resurrection of LightHouse is found on the forum here.

Lets assist, if possible, to Keep the dream system alive.

veronicathecow

#3 Post by veronicathecow »

Hi gcmartin, what happened to TaZoC? I had contact via the forum a few times in the past and he seemed a very helpful and friendly person who produced a great Puppy.
I searched the forum but couldn't find anything.

Rangan Masti

Thanks to TaZoc

#4 Post by Rangan Masti »

Hello, many thanks to TaZoC the LightHouse Puppy creater for his work. :roll: