Toshiba Satellite 4070CDT sound quit after rebooting

For drivers and kernel modules.
abdollah-1

Toshiba Satellite 4070CDT sound quit after rebooting

#1 Post by abdollah-1 »

Hello, i have puppy linux on my old laptop tochiba model sattellite 4070CDT i use alsa to install the driver it install the driver: ESS ES1978, the sound work just after installation with some problem of the player of music, the setting of alsa mixer are normal, but after reboot the sound no work,alsa mixer setting all in 0, and the icon of volume in bottom right disaper,thanks for your help:)

N.B: full description of model laptop in this link:
http://www.cnet.com/products/toshiba-sa ... hdd/specs/

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#2 Post by Flash »

It helps a lot if you tell us which version of Puppy you installed. There are lots of them. In general, the newer ones have fewer problems with things like sound.

abdollah-1

re

#3 Post by abdollah-1 »

thank you for the help, i use puppy 4.1.2, i resolve the problem of the sound, but still another problem with my modem 3G model ZTE MF19OA,if you can help that will be good,thanks:)

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#4 Post by Flash »

Tell us how you resolved your sound problem and start a new thread for your modem problem. Be sure and say which version of Puppy you're using with the modem, what kind of modem, what you've tried, what happened when you tried it and anything else you can think of that might help us help you. :)

abdollah-1

re

#5 Post by abdollah-1 »

thanks, i resolve the problem with a topic from your site "ESS.." the driver don't work in the reboot after installation so i modifiy a file in i think /etc/rc.d/rc.local with something like alsa star, and it work :)