Nicons-V4 29/08/2015

Window managers, icon programs, widgets, etc.
stemsee

#41 Post by stemsee »

flower
Attachments
capture22110.jpg
flower?
(16.53 KiB) Downloaded 388 times

stemsee

#42 Post by stemsee »

circles
Attachments
capture5361.jpg
circles
(25.1 KiB) Downloaded 384 times

stemsee

#43 Post by stemsee »

smiley

I hereby claim copyright and ownership of the terms and trademarks 'Nicons' and 'Icon Art' and 'ArtIcons' and 'Nicon Art' and 'DrawIcons' and 'WriteIcons' and all and any related and derivative terms and terminology copyright (c) 2014 Marcos Contant
Attachments
capture20314.jpg
(23.94 KiB) Downloaded 385 times
Last edited by stemsee on Wed 17 Dec 2014, 18:48, edited 3 times in total.

stemsee

#44 Post by stemsee »

more... circles
Attachments
capture19654.jpg
(27.57 KiB) Downloaded 359 times

stemsee

#45 Post by stemsee »

Added code to remove all icon labels. The numbers were very useful for debugging the program, making sure the same icons were rolled out in correct order.
Attachments
capture24209.jpg
de-labelled icons
(28.07 KiB) Downloaded 366 times

stemsee

#46 Post by stemsee »

other
Attachments
capture16290.jpg
(21.02 KiB) Downloaded 482 times
capture9945.jpg
(35.68 KiB) Downloaded 487 times

Puppus Dogfellow

#47 Post by Puppus Dogfellow »

looks cool, stemsee. can this program also force an arrangement of the drive icons (and stop the originals from being redrawn where they once were)?

also, the title says 2.4 but i've so far only been able to find the link for 2.3. is it here and i just can't find it?

stemsee

#48 Post by stemsee »

Hi Puppus Dogfellow

Yes, I got ready to upload 2.4 but then I had some new ideas so I am postponing the upload until some gui functions have been sorted. These are not gui for the majority of the functions, nor the main app, just the load and save pins gui.

It is funny that you asked for the drive icons to be arranged also. Because in the beginning they were arranged with all the other icons. Is it that you want them to arrange in their own drives cluster, or mixed in with the other icons?

I deliberately removed them from the arrangements and added the regeneration from .pup_event, but I could also add two functions to manage them aswell!

Puppus Dogfellow

#49 Post by Puppus Dogfellow »

stemsee wrote:Hi Puppus Dogfellow

Yes, I got ready to upload 2.4 but then I had some new ideas so I am postponing the upload until some gui functions have been sorted. These are not gui for the majority of the functions, nor the main app, just the load and save pins gui.

It is funny that you asked for the drive icons to be arranged also. Because in the beginning they were arranged with all the other icons. Is it that you want them to arrange in their own drives cluster, or mixed in with the other icons?

I deliberately removed them from the arrangements and added the regeneration from .pup_event, but I could also add two functions to manage them aswell!
their own drives clusters, though having the option to include them with the rest would be nice. i generally put them on a panel or shrink them and build clusters of icons around and between their default placements. it would be nice to have control over and not have to work around them in any event.

i have to admit i've only been skimming this thread, having been turned off to it early on because i saw something about all the icons being standardized to 48x48, something that would preclude the use of many of my custom icons. the feature of simply being able to draw a line and have the icons follow it more than makes up for it. if i change the icons/sizes to less than 48, will there be a problem? i don't mind spacing based on that size, i just like my icons on the unobtrusive side and/or to fit in some way with the background, which often requires reworking or redesigning the image.

stemsee

#50 Post by stemsee »

I removed the on-the-fly icon resize as it didn't make enough difference. I thought I needed the resize to get accurate placement but not really.

Besides I got more accurate placements and removing the labels made a lot of difference for cleaner appearance.

I will try to add the basic function to make drives cluster separately. And use a flag to stop pup_event refreshing them.
EDIT
Having them cluster with the other icons is easily acheived but having them cluster drives together is not so easy, because different systems have different partitions .... and well, Maybe you mean they have there own cluster menu/layouts ... different from the other icons? I will try something. But I cannot clearly know how you imagine them to work, because I cannot know your background pictures, so I will be guessing.

Puppus Dogfellow

#51 Post by Puppus Dogfellow »

stemsee wrote:I removed the on-the-fly icon resize as it didn't make enough difference. I thought I needed the resize to get accurate placement but not really.

Besides I got more accurate placements and removing the labels made a lot of difference for cleaner appearance.

I will try to add the basic function to make drives cluster separately. And use a flag to stop pup_event refreshing them.
EDIT
Having them cluster with the other icons is easily acheived but having them cluster drives together is not so easy, because different systems have different partitions .... and well, Maybe you mean they have there own cluster menu/layouts ... different from the other icons? I will try something. But I cannot clearly know how you imagine them to work, because I cannot know your background pictures, so I will be guessing.
your screen shots all show the drive icons arranged separately from the program icons and placed in a non default location. that's all i would want for them--move them elsewhere and have puppy not redraw them (or a new set) in their original positions. the label stripping feature alone would save me a lot of time...

stemsee

#52 Post by stemsee »

Ah!

The icons already are handled by menu > Desktop > Desktop drive icons manager
for alternative placements (there being 4 = left right top bottom). So if that is what you need it is already in puppy. But I will still include shaped clusters for drive icons.

Puppus Dogfellow

#53 Post by Puppus Dogfellow »

stemsee wrote:Ah!

The icons already are handled by menu > Desktop > Desktop drive icons manager
for alternative placements (there being 4 = left right top bottom). So if that is what you need it is already in puppy. But I will still include shaped clusters for drive icons.
my pups (precise 5.5 -5.7.2) predate the feature. with 5.5 i can either choose to have them or not, with 5.7 i can choose to have many, none, or few, but neither will allow me to change their placement. your program would be like a patch and an upgrade it seems.

stemsee

#54 Post by stemsee »

Nicons-2.4.pet beta released for testing.

Happy Birthday Jesus

gcmartin

#55 Post by gcmartin »

A very clever utility. Tested on EmSee

mikeb

#56 Post by mikeb »

I went cross eyed.....

mike

stemsee

#57 Post by stemsee »

I hope you are having fun with it!

To use 'Draw' function...where you draw the icon path. Note the original algorithm was a constant flow per second - which meant that you had to draw in a constant steady manner. Now, I added input to step to the next icon draw by pressing Enter key.... to gain original functionality just hold down enter key while drawing the icon path.

stemsee

#58 Post by stemsee »

Nicons Gui = niui

Save and load Layouts.
Load Wallpaper (WP)
Attachments
capture26458.jpg
save icon layout input box
(7.71 KiB) Downloaded 283 times
capture25945.jpg
(10.57 KiB) Downloaded 294 times
capture25308.jpg