Lenovo G400 laptop Ethernet card not detected by Lucid 528

SunriSe

Lenovo G400 laptop Ethernet card not detected by Lucid 528

#1 Post by SunriSe »

I bought a Lenovo G400 laptop today , i can run internet on lan in Windows without any problem but when i am running puppy linux on my laptop, it doesn't detect my Ethernet card. When running ifconfig command, it just shows loopback interface and nothing else. Below are results of some commands:

#lspci | grep Ether

01:00.0 Ethernet Controler: Atheros Communications Device 10a0 (rev 10)

#lspci -vm -s 01:00.0

Device: 01:00.0
class: Ethernet
vendor: Atheros Communucations
SVendor: lenovo
SDevice: Device 3804
Rev: 10

I am using Lucid Puppy 5.2.8 . I seached about this problem on google but i could not find a solution to fix this in Puppy Linux.

rcrsn51

#2 Post by rcrsn51 »

Lucid 528 has an old kernel. You should try a new Puppy like Tahrpup 6.0 that has better hardware support.

Please run: lspci -nn | grep Ether

ardvark

#3 Post by ardvark »

rcrsn51 wrote:Lucid 528 has an old kernel. You should try a new Puppy like Tahrpup 6.0 that has better hardware support.
I would agree. From the device number, I think the ethernet adapter is Qualcomm Atheros QCA8172 Fast Ethernet, which would require the "alx" driver. I really don't think Lucid has this module. :wink:

If one of the Puppies has the 3.8.13 kernel, you could try using the alx driver listed here. You would also need to make sure that "make" and whatever else is needed is installed.

Regards...
Our Lord and Savior [url=http://peacewithgod.jesus.net/]Jesus Christ[/url] loves and cares about you most of all!

PLEASE READ! You don't have to end up [url=http://www.spiritlessons.com/Documents/BillWiese_23MinutesInHell_Text.htm]here![/url]