palemoon browser

Browsers, email, chat, etc.
davec51

Pallemoon is it!

#41 Post by davec51 »

Palemoon is a lean and nimble Firefox, just what I have always wanted.
Thanks.

wboz

#42 Post by wboz »

I just installed Tahrpup and palemoon works great the first ime. But now it says, "pale moon profile cannot be found" and the browser will not launch ... has anyone encountered/solved this problem?

Semme

#43 Post by Semme »

Start it like this, then choose or make one:

Code: Select all

palemoon -ProfileManager
Something I don't understand about PM aboard Nix.. Why on Earth leave spaces when naming directories?

Here, open >> /root/.moonchild productions/pale moon/profiles.ini

.. and have its path include the full line in quotes:
Path="/root/.moonchild productions/pale moon/*.default"
Yah, sub your default number.
>>> Living with the immediacy of death helps you sort out your priorities. It helps you live a life less trivial <<<

wboz

#44 Post by wboz »

no, I'm afraid that generates the same error message / no browser launch

putting the default number into the file where you suggested also unfortunately does not work ...

anikin

#45 Post by anikin »

I'd do this:
Download palemoon installer script (see a couple posts above), uninstall palemoon, remove .monnchild productions from /home, install the latest palemoon version - 25.0.2 or whatever it is. Problem solved.

Semme

#46 Post by Semme »

Hold that thought..
>>> Living with the immediacy of death helps you sort out your priorities. It helps you live a life less trivial <<<

giannis4

#47 Post by giannis4 »

When I click on a YouTube video everything freezes. I have mouse control tho, but I can' t do anything. I' ve installed the latest version to see if things are better, but again the same problem.
tahrpup 6.0 CE non PAE

davec51

SOLVED - Saving ID and password

#48 Post by davec51 »

Does anyone know why palemoon won't offer to save my ID's and passwords. Firefox always did. Is there a setting that I'm missing?
Last edited by davec51 on Thu 27 Nov 2014, 14:43, edited 2 times in total.

Semme

#49 Post by Semme »

Dave, are you running in private browsing mode? Adjust this and the functionality should return..

davec51

Saving ID and password -- SOLVED

#50 Post by davec51 »

Thanks, Semme. That's all that was needed.

Semme

#51 Post by Semme »

Big fan of single post solutions. :wink:

Anniekin

#52 Post by Anniekin »

Tested palemoon on windows and it blew FF out of the water. FF had been so slow I thought I had borked my new system already by frugal installing linux to window's ntfs partition. FF windows is not available in 64bit? How did this thing get installed to my Program Files (x86) directory? I'd already been having second thoughts about mozilla's intentions and their love affair with google. Optimization boost not as noticable in my Linux system yet install is half the size of FF (and window's waterfox) and performance is definitely not any worse. FF Plugins extensions all working!

anikin

If Palemoon doesn't start on your machine

#53 Post by anikin »

Pale Moon is developed to take advantage of newer processors in a very significant manner. If you are still stuck on a pokey Pentium III or other SSE-only x86 processor, Pale Moon will not run and that's a sign that you are due for a hardware upgrade. In such an event, your only recourse is the standard version of Firefox, albeit suffering any potential optimizations that could make your browsing experience, faster, more powerful and elegant.
Supported processors
The Pale Moon browser is specifically optimized for current-day processors and uses instructions exclusively available in more modern (or rather: not museum-grade) processors. This means it will not run on PCs that are particularly old by today's standards, and is likely to display errors or refuse to start on systems with unsupported or poorly supported CPUs.
Requirements for the regular Pale Moon browser are, in short: a 7th or later generation CPU with SSE2 support.
Since many people will not know off-hand what their CPU is capable of or what generation it is, here is a run-down of a number of popular CPUs around the time of inclusion of this instruction set, and if they are supported. In case of doubt if your CPU is supported or not, please find a CPU information tool like CPU-z or Crystal CPU-ID to check your CPU's capacities.

This table is incomplete. but outlines a few popular classes of processor:
read more ==>http://www.palemoon.org/technical.shtml
Attachments
supported_processors.jpeg
(55.07 KiB) Downloaded 1317 times

Anniekin

#54 Post by Anniekin »

Who are you?!? another Annikin here besides me? i must change my profile image at once

8Geee

#55 Post by 8Geee »

Wow, nice browser. It looks like the "Add-On Incompatability List" means PM 24.7.x or less here. Slacko 5.7-nonpae + FF27 (configured).
Linux user #498913 "Some people need to reimagine their thinking."
"Zuckerberg: a large city inhabited by mentally challenged people."

Pelo

F.A.Q palemoon

#56 Post by Pelo »

Inclusion in Puppy distro
To be read, the answer has some interest for everybody here.

anikin

#57 Post by anikin »

Anniekin wrote:Who are you?!? another Annikin here besides me? i must change my profile image at once
I am anikin, the brave mouse pusher. I don't use a profile image, but you can have a look at my picture here: http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 845#678845 I'm the one wearing gloves.

davec51

Message to Upgrade Browser

#58 Post by davec51 »

I'm enthusiastic about Palemoon, have been using it for several month now with no problems. I have one small annoyance, however. Every time I open the browser I get a message that my browser is not up to date. There is a "dismiss" button that I press and the message goes away;.Still, I don't want another brtowser and I wish the message would go away permanently. Any remedy?

Semme

#59 Post by Semme »

davec51

Palmoon called "outdated"

#60 Post by davec51 »

Wow, that was a quick response. Thanks again for propping up my inadequacy with your knowledge. My solution is just to make my start page something else and endure Google's nagging when I have to run across their pages.