Powerapplet_tray-2.5 with low battery warnings and shutdown

Miscellaneous tools
pemasu

Powerapplet_tray-2.5 with low battery warnings and shutdown

#1 Post by pemasu »

Powerapplet_tray-2.5 with extra functions.

I decided to test if I could add to the existing C source code Xdialog and alarm sound warning when Battery is discharging at 10 % level and shutdown when battery level is 5 %.

I think that my small additions were succesful without C coding knowledge.

So...at 10 % discharging level you should get Xdialog warning of low battery and also short alarm sound. Those will repeat about once a minute. At 5 % discharging level the wmpoweroff will be executed and computer will shutdown.....with saving and with normal shutdown process.

I needed alternative to the vattery-acpitool because it has not been reliable for me after several suspends to the ram and waking up. The Vattery tray app has been there but the certain battery level operations has not been performed.
I decided to test something else....
Attachments
powerapplet_tray-2.5-with-extras.pet
(5.08 KiB) Downloaded 637 times
powerapplet_tray-2.5-extras-source.tar.gz
(8.71 KiB) Downloaded 491 times

Argolance

#2 Post by Argolance »

Bonjour,
Trying to compile Powerapplet_tray-2.5 using source files (including "compile" file) given above, I get these messages in console :shock: :cry: :

Code: Select all

/tmp/cczVuJ6I.o: In function `Update':
powerapplet_tray.c:(.text+0x4a4): undefined reference to `gtk_status_icon_get_blinking'
powerapplet_tray.c:(.text+0x4be): undefined reference to `gtk_status_icon_set_blinking'
powerapplet_tray.c:(.text+0x4ed): undefined reference to `gtk_status_icon_set_from_pixbuf'
powerapplet_tray.c:(.text+0x513): undefined reference to `gtk_status_icon_set_from_pixbuf'
powerapplet_tray.c:(.text+0x539): undefined reference to `gtk_status_icon_set_from_pixbuf'
powerapplet_tray.c:(.text+0x55f): undefined reference to `gtk_status_icon_set_from_pixbuf'
powerapplet_tray.c:(.text+0x585): undefined reference to `gtk_status_icon_set_from_pixbuf'
/tmp/cczVuJ6I.o:powerapplet_tray.c:(.text+0x5a1): more undefined references to `gtk_status_icon_set_from_pixbuf' follow
/tmp/cczVuJ6I.o: In function `Update':
powerapplet_tray.c:(.text+0x691): undefined reference to `gtk_status_icon_set_blinking'
powerapplet_tray.c:(.text+0x7d6): undefined reference to `gtk_status_icon_set_tooltip'
/tmp/cczVuJ6I.o: In function `create_tray_icon':
powerapplet_tray.c:(.text+0x839): undefined reference to `gtk_status_icon_new'
powerapplet_tray.c:(.text+0x858): undefined reference to `g_type_check_instance_cast'
powerapplet_tray.c:(.text+0x884): undefined reference to `g_signal_connect_data'
powerapplet_tray.c:(.text+0x89e): undefined reference to `g_type_check_instance_cast'
powerapplet_tray.c:(.text+0x8ca): undefined reference to `g_signal_connect_data'
powerapplet_tray.c:(.text+0x8d6): undefined reference to `gdk_pixbuf_new_from_xpm_data'
powerapplet_tray.c:(.text+0x8e7): undefined reference to `gdk_pixbuf_new_from_xpm_data'
powerapplet_tray.c:(.text+0x8f8): undefined reference to `gdk_pixbuf_new_from_xpm_data'
powerapplet_tray.c:(.text+0x909): undefined reference to `gdk_pixbuf_new_from_xpm_data'
powerapplet_tray.c:(.text+0x91a): undefined reference to `gdk_pixbuf_new_from_xpm_data'
/tmp/cczVuJ6I.o:powerapplet_tray.c:(.text+0x92b): more undefined references to `gdk_pixbuf_new_from_xpm_data' follow
/tmp/cczVuJ6I.o: In function `create_tray_icon':
powerapplet_tray.c:(.text+0x9be): undefined reference to `gtk_status_icon_set_from_pixbuf'
powerapplet_tray.c:(.text+0x9d3): undefined reference to `gtk_status_icon_set_tooltip'
powerapplet_tray.c:(.text+0x9e8): undefined reference to `gtk_status_icon_set_visible'
/tmp/cczVuJ6I.o: In function `main':
powerapplet_tray.c:(.text+0xc76): undefined reference to `gtk_init'
powerapplet_tray.c:(.text+0xc9c): undefined reference to `gtk_timeout_add'
powerapplet_tray.c:(.text+0xcad): undefined reference to `gtk_main'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
strip: 'powerapplet_tray': No such file
Script completed hit RETURN to close window.
What's wrong?
Thanks.
Cordialement.

Argolance

#3 Post by Argolance »

Bonsoir,
I finally found what's wrong!
The "compile" file must be modified this way:

gcc -Wl,--no-as-needed `pkg-config --cflags --libs gtk+-2.0` powerapplet_tray.c -o powerapplet_tray
instead of:

gcc `pkg-config --cflags --libs gtk+-2.0` powerapplet_tray.c -o powerapplet_tray
Cordialement.