How to do things, solutions, recipes, tutorials
don570

#41 Post by don570 »

Code: Select all

adb push su /system/xbin 
All I can suggest is put a 'su' after push command

JustGreg

#42 Post by JustGreg »

Thank you, don570 for providing the information in this post. I have two android tables that I have been using for experiments. Both have already been rooted by another method. But, I have not had much luck in getting adb to work. It is working now for me. Both tablets have android version 4.2.2 version on them. Here is some additional information for everyone's use.

Both tablets required these steps to get the developer option to work. First with the settings application under the "About Tablet" menu entry, one has to "tap" the "Build Number" seven (7) times to get the developer permission so the "Developer Options" menu entry to be shown. Once the "Developer Options" menu entry is available, then one has to turn them on by moving the unlabeled switch (upper left corner) to the left so it has a green bar shown. Once that is done, all the developer options are available for use.

The first tablet is a Lenovo Model B6000F. I found once I used the adb you listed, my previous problems disappeared. The Lenovo did not require a special cable. It connected with its normal charging cable, a micro USB to a normal male USB connector. Using the information on adb including its internal help discription, I was able to access and manipulate the tablet's files.

The second tablet is an inexpensive NextBook model NX785OCBG sold by Walmart. I got it to use it as an Internet radio. I could not connect adb to it using the usb interface. I tried several different cable configurations using a standard charging cable or OTG cable. It would not connect. I do know the USB port is a OTG type. I did find the reason, the tablet does not correctly identify itself to adb. The vendor usb ID (2922) is not listed in the available vendor databases. I managed to connect it using a wifi IP connection. Because the tablet is already rooted, I was able to use the android application ADB Wireless Port by Lu Chao to set up the tablet to connect to adb via wifi. It did work. There are many other andriod adb wireless applications available that claim to be able to do this without root privileges. I have not tested them because Lu Chao application worked so well for me. It is very simple to use. This does solve the cable problem. In a terminal window, one uses the command adb connect ###.###.###.### to make the connection to the adb deamon. So far, it appears all adb operations can be done.

I an using Fatdog64 700 beta 1 to do this. I hope this helps.
Enjoy life, Just Greg
Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much

JustGreg

#43 Post by JustGreg »

I solved the problem of my Nextbook not connecting to adb via USB. When adb is first run, it creates a hidden directory (.android) in the root directory. The .android directory contains the keys to connect with Android version 4.2 or newer. After some web research, I found adb also needs another file, adb_usb.ini in this directory.

The file adb_usb.ini contains the vendors' usb ID value. I created it with Geany (or another text editor), provided the needed hex values. The Nextbook now connects using USB with the standard charging cable to adb for adb operations.

Here is the contents of my adb_usb.ini file:

# ANDROID USB VENDOR ID LIST.
# 1 USB VENDOR ID PER LINE.
# Nextbook value
0x2922
# Lenovo
0x17EF
Enjoy life, Just Greg

L18L

#44 Post by L18L »

JustGreg wrote:The file adb_usb.ini contains the vendors' usb ID value. I created it with Geany (or another text editor), provided the needed hex values.
Here is how to find easily this vendors' usb ID value:
compare the output of

lsusb
- cable connected and
- not connected
and you will find the actual needed ID

my 0.02 $

Thank you, Don, for this useful thread.

JustGreg

#45 Post by JustGreg »

Thanks L18L for the information. That is what I did, I forgot to mention it.
Enjoy life, Just Greg