For discussions about security.
tater

Chinese Government Says Ubuntu, Windows, and Android Not Saf

#1 Post by tater »

ardvark

#2 Post by ardvark »

But what OS is...completely? :?

Regards...
Our Lord and Savior [url=http://peacewithgod.jesus.net/]Jesus Christ[/url] loves and cares about you most of all!

PLEASE READ! You don't have to end up [url=http://www.spiritlessons.com/Documents/BillWiese_23MinutesInHell_Text.htm]here![/url]

slenkar

#3 Post by slenkar »

It's bound to be closed source

NickAu

#4 Post by NickAu »

I agree with the Chinese government on this, Of course they are not safe they were written by decadent westerners who would love to spy on the Chinese.LOL

But on a serious note can you imagine what an "approved" Os coded by Chinese coders who probably have a government minder standing behind them is like?

Lets see how the boot process would go.

Push power button on pc
The boot loader starts.
Pc logs into Chinese secret service server and from there tells the secret service everything you type, Including turning on the microphone and web cam if any.
Operating system then boots.

Real safe and secure. LOL

Ok i have been hanging around you lot too much and am becoming paranoid. Or am I.
[b]Precise Puppy 5.7.1 Retro Fatty Edition. Hp Compaq 2510p 2x Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo Cpu U7700@ 1.33 ghz,2 gig ram Booting from 8 gig micro USB + 32 gig SD card instead of HDD[/b]

Teh Agnostic Anarco

#5 Post by Teh Agnostic Anarco »

NickAu wrote:I agree with the Chinese government on this, Of course they are not safe they were written by decadent westerners who would love to spy on the Chinese.LOL

But on a serious note can you imagine what an "approved" Os coded by Chinese coders who probably have a government minder standing behind them is like?

Lets see how the boot process would go.

Push power button on pc
The boot loader starts.
Pc logs into Chinese secret service server and from there tells the secret service everything you type, Including turning on the microphone and web cam if any.
Operating system then boots.

Real safe and secure. LOL

Ok i have been hanging around you lot too much and am becoming paranoid. Or am I.
Calling you paranoid is what they WANT you to think....

Chinese are no fools and are corrrect.