How to use Linksys WUSB11 ver. 2.6?

rayl

Linksys WUSB11 ver. 2.6

#41 Post by rayl »

@tempestuous;

Thanks for the info.

Believe it or not, I knew about uname but it's been so long since I was involved with *nix systems, I forgot too much!

Anyway, thanks for that command help and especially for the tip on using the proc fs -- I forgot about that too!

I think I'll go back and reload Puppy 2.16.1 on one of the other old Dell laptops I have.

Looks like I already have what I need, so it should work ok.

Today, I gave away the Toshiba I was working on with a Linksys WPC11 ver 3 adapter (the pcmcia adapter works without any struggle).

I have 3 more laptops to get working and I'll soon have 3 more WPC11's ver. 3 adapters to go with the laptops.

I haven't yet found the new owners for these laptops, but they'll show up soon, I suspect.

Thanks for the link to the older Puppies -- I'll be needing them for the older machines I'm resurrecting.

The one thing I still need to figure out is why I can't get the network interface to come up with everything it needs like an IP so its usable immediately.

I'm thinking of using commands in a script at boot time like maybe rc.local (assuming I got the name correct!).

The Toshiba I gave away is running 4.3.1, which isn't all that responsive, so I'll probably replace it with one of the faster Dells and then reload the Toshiba with an older puppy like 2.16.1.

I'm happy with my HP running Slacko 5.7 -- it's very responsive.

I very much appreciate the effort you take to help people with their problems -- thanks again.
Ray

cthisbear

#42 Post by cthisbear »

" The Toshiba I gave away is running 4.3.1, which isn't all
that responsive "

Try puppy-barebones-3.94-netsurf.

Small >> fast >> great.

http://puppylinux.ca/vintage/index.php? ... netsurf%2F

Chris

tempestuous

#43 Post by tempestuous »

But rayl has already found a good solution in the form of Puppy 2.16.1.
Mission accomplished.