FluxPup-1.6.0 Beta PAE

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
oldyeller

#81 Post by oldyeller »

Hello Everyone,

If you have downloaded WordSearh-1.1 and mannareader-3.5 uninstall them. There is a bug in the code that is keeping them to open properly to full screen. Will Have fixed ones up later tonight. 9/7/2014

Cheers

oldyeller

#82 Post by oldyeller »

Hello Everyone,

I have just uploaded FluxPup 1.6.0 Beta enjoy testing

Cheers

Volhout

Save

#83 Post by Volhout »

Dear Oldyeller,

I have made a frugal install of fluxpup 1.6 on a USB stick. I found one flaw.

Let me tall you what I did. It is easy to reproduce:

1/ Pristine start fluxpup, make some changes to wbar (delete one entry) and exit. A save file is made and the change is stored.
2/ Repower, and verify the change is stored: OK
Now you have a save file, there is also a new icon on the desktop (a save icon).
3/ Shutdown and repower, make sure all ik okay.
4/ click the save icon on the desktop. You get a popup indicating the save is taking place. Wait few seconds.
5/ shutdown and repower ... you have lost your wallpaper. The wallpaper is white. In an earlier test I also lost wbar and part of pwidgets (only the clock appeared, not the callendar).

Is there any additional test you would like me to perform. It seems to evolve from using the save button on the screen. I have not "clocked" it but it also seems the save is much faster than if compared to standard Pups (USB 2.0 USB stick with write speed of 3Mb/s).

EDIT: maybe related: during every boot, after using the SAVE button, there is a purple text "updating layered file system, next boot will be faster". In earlier pups this text disappeared after a reboot.

Regards,

Volhout

oldyeller

#84 Post by oldyeller »

Hi Volhout,

I have just put it on a usb and will test out on my lappy, other wise it is doing fine with a frugal install on my desktop that I built.

Will let you know what I find later.

Cheers

oldyeller

Re: Save

#85 Post by oldyeller »

Volhout wrote:Dear Oldyeller,

I have made a frugal install of fluxpup 1.6 on a USB stick. I found one flaw.

Let me tall you what I did. It is easy to reproduce:

1/ Pristine start fluxpup, make some changes to wbar (delete one entry) and exit. A save file is made and the change is stored.
2/ Repower, and verify the change is stored: OK
Now you have a save file, there is also a new icon on the desktop (a save icon).
3/ Shutdown and repower, make sure all ik okay.
4/ click the save icon on the desktop. You get a popup indicating the save is taking place. Wait few seconds.
5/ shutdown and repower ... you have lost your wallpaper. The wallpaper is white. In an earlier test I also lost wbar and part of pwidgets (only the clock appeared, not the callendar).

Is there any additional test you would like me to perform. It seems to evolve from using the save button on the screen. I have not "clocked" it but it also seems the save is much faster than if compared to standard Pups (USB 2.0 USB stick with write speed of 3Mb/s).

EDIT: maybe related: during every boot, after using the SAVE button, there is a purple text "updating layered file system, next boot will be faster". In earlier pups this text disappeared after a reboot.

Regards,

Volhout
If you don't use the save button it works just fine.

This also happens in FluxPup-1.5, 1.5.1 Manna OS-3.4,3.4.1

The OVPrecise I did with the first woof-CE works without a hitch. What I am doing now is redownloading and build the woof for testing and see if this is something in woof-CE that has to be fixed for puppies built with precise. Once this is done and if the problem is still there I will download the latest woof-CE and start again to see if it has been fixed. If not I will get a hold of mick and see what needs to be done. So give me about a week to do all of this, since I do have a full time job on top of all of this.

Cheers

ally

#86 Post by ally »

oldyeller

#87 Post by oldyeller »

Hello Everyone

I have decided to remove FluxPup and will no longer be developing if any further.

There is a major bug when using the save button on the usb

This puppy works without any problem that I did OVPrecise http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=90388
Last edited by oldyeller on Sat 13 Sep 2014, 20:49, edited 1 time in total.

Gobbi

#88 Post by Gobbi »

Hi oldyeller :!:

Since I do not use savefile , but usually do a taylored remaster to use puppy as Live CD , I managed to finish my version of Fluxpup 1.5.1 - but it was not easy ...
Fluxpup does not like too many changes in a remaster . But once I got it right , it works well ( as you said without savefile ) - and spot browser works ... Nice window manager .
Even discontinued , I will keep this non-pae pup .
Thank's a lot for your work :!:
Attachments
screenshot.jpg
(45.59 KiB) Downloaded 365 times

oldyeller

#89 Post by oldyeller »

thanks Gobbi, I will keep the repo up for all who will still be using FluxPup.

Volhout

save button

#90 Post by Volhout »

Hi Oldyeller,

I am sorry I found a bug that is difficult to fix. Especially sorry that it causes fluxpup to get killed. You, and your wife who did the artwork, did a great job creating one of the most beautifull pups ever made.

For now I have locked down my save button behind the clock (pwidget) so no-one accidentally hits it. What a workaround....

Best regards,

Volhout

oldyeller

Re: save button

#91 Post by oldyeller »

Volhout wrote:Hi Oldyeller,

I am sorry I found a bug that is difficult to fix. Especially sorry that it causes fluxpup to get killed. You, and your wife who did the artwork, did a great job creating one of the most beautifull pups ever made.

For now I have locked down my save button behind the clock (pwidget) so no-one accidentally hits it. What a workaround....

Best regards,

Volhout
This not your fault, I have found the bug in a couple others that I have done. My plans are to release a remaster of OVPrecise-5.8 it will have very little apps in it. This is be built on how I use puppy, so this is going to be very empty puppy when I am done with it. All the apps one should be able to get from the repo's. Until than...

Cheers

Pelo

this week my casting will be FluxPup 1.6.0

#92 Post by Pelo »

Oldyeller is used to Puppy Linux. Newbies prefer ready to use versions, with only there specefic hobbies stuff to load as SFS.
1600 Puppies available in archives.org let us the choice? And this week my casting will be FluxPup 1.6.0 :)
Why ? a feeling
And since New Puppies boycott Mplayer, i decided to load precise Puppies featured enough to avoid me to linux* a lot to customize them.
* To Linux : no translation in french available.
abiword 2.9.4 the buggy :!: Browser Opera provided in the distro .
Check for fun, with some extras applications (Clementine is one of them)
Passengers like entertainment when they fly with Puppy, computing is not a Hobby for most of them. Just install :) yes, that is 'La belle vie'
Echecs : :( Exaile Quodlibet.
:!: use Fluxpup get.sfs , much better than PPM
Later i will try :
quodlibet topic
Attachments
Lina Margy.jpg
some french characters are garbled, (accents)
(71.85 KiB) Downloaded 674 times
Last edited by Pelo on Wed 22 Jun 2016, 23:09, edited 8 times in total.

Pelo

some settings to improve

#93 Post by Pelo »

clavier (keyboard bug in upup puppies) Musher0 did a script here
Clementine : install qt-4.8.2-i486_5.2.60.sfs: 45 M before
Attachments
Fluxpup.jpg
Choose your SFS, here Clementine
(33.37 KiB) Downloaded 683 times

the last saviour

#94 Post by the last saviour »

This is one of the best Puppy I enjoy!
Thank you very much.
My people are somebody who will move to crowded city because I have promised them the refuge in the big UFO station.
Now I'd found at least 5 aliens who live in Thailand. They are from Triangular constellation.

oldyeller

#95 Post by oldyeller »

Hello Everyone,

I am in the works on planning the next FluxPup 161 it will be up for testing in a month or sooner

cheers

slavvo67

#96 Post by slavvo67 »

Hi Old Yeller!

This is great news! I look forward to testing!

Slavvo67

Pelo

all users will return to these Puppies, full featured

#97 Post by Pelo »

all users will return to these Puppies, full featured, nice, done by developers wondering to give their passengers a nice work , not clones issued by a production line,
Bravo oldyeller !
:? i hope users will be informed, that Puppy Linux is back again. Linux students will let us some place in the forum.
Change the Title, discontinued replaced by updated :)

Belham

#98 Post by Belham »

oldyeller wrote:Hello Everyone,

I am in the works on planning the next FluxPup 161 it will be up for testing in a month or sooner

cheers
Oldyeller,

Fantastic news! I have been playing around with a fluxbox creation made by someone named mandibule2005 (Musher & Pelo had met him in another thread, I found out about mandibule & his fluxbox creation from Musher's posts). Using Mandibule2005's fluxbox creation really opened my eyes...fluxbox is just a darn pleasure to use, small, stable, and lightweight and so unlike many of the puppies and pup-inspired versions today. Reminds me of what the antiX crew is and has been doing in their small, fast OS creations.

As far as this mandibule2005 & his fluxbox is concerned, it seems mandibule2005 doesn't like the human race much (see this thread if interested: http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... ost#911331. (It's all in French, but still easily understandable.) I downloaded his fluxbox version, unsquashed it and have been, for the past several hours, trying to fix all the bugs/problems I am coming across. There are quite a few, unfortunately. When I fix one thing, it seems it causes another to pop up. My skills at coding/scripting/fixing are limited, thus I am truly, truly looking forward, Oldyeller, to your upcoming new release :)

Pelo

New version, see Oldyeller topic

#99 Post by Pelo »

oldyeller is back; With improved desktop.
Attachments
PPM.jpg
PPM special Fluxpup !
(61.47 KiB) Downloaded 72 times
Last edited by Pelo on Sun 24 Sep 2017, 07:37, edited 1 time in total.

oldyeller

#100 Post by oldyeller »

Hello Everyone,

Give me a couple of hours and I will have it uploaded with info on the first post