Once SSR simple screen Recorder installed, How-to use it

Audio editors, music players, video players, burning software, etc.
Pelo

Once SSR simple screen Recorder installed, How-to use it

#1 Post by Pelo »

http://www.maartenbaert.be/simplescreenrecorder/
"Features
Graphical user interface (Qt-based).
Faster than VLC and ffmpeg/avconv.
Records the entire screen or part of it, or records OpenGL applications directly (similar to Fraps on Windows).
Synchronizes audio and video properly (a common issue with VLC and ffmpeg/avconv).
Reduces the video frame rate if your computer is too slow (rather than using up all your RAM like VLC does).
Fully multithreaded: small delays in any of the components will never block the other components, resulting is smoother video and better performance on computers with multiple processors.
Pause and resume recording at any time (either by clicking a button or by pressing a hotkey).
Shows statistics during recording (file size, bit rate, total recording time, actual frame rate, ...).
Can show a preview during recording, so you don't waste time recording something only to figure out afterwards that some setting was wrong.
Uses libav/ffmpeg libraries for encoding, so it supports many different codecs and file formats (adding more is trivial).
Can also do live streaming (experimental).
Sensible default settings: no need to change anything if you don't want to.
Tooltips for almost everything: no need to read the documentation to find out what something does.
"

Desktop Recorder (drec) for Dpup run quite all puppies. It's the easiest desktop recorder (Gposil 2009,)
2014 It's the first desktop recorder to use, if it fails, try another one, but it rarely fails...
Original topic with all info needed, click !
Some gtk themes are the reason of not working (running dpuprec in terminal will tell you why)
2015 : use SimpleScreencastRecorder SSR needs two QT libs topic here (desktop)

Its works perfectly With tahrpup but with Slacko 5.7 too
:)
What is SimpleScreenRecorder?
Maarten Baert uses for :
"SimpleScreenRecorder is a Linux program that I've created to record programs and games. There were already a few programs that could do this, but I wasn't 100% happy with any of them, so I created my own.

My original goal was to create a program that was just really simple to use, but as I was writing it I started adding more and more features, and the result is actually a pretty powerful program. It's 'simple' in the sense that it's easier to use than ffmpeg/avconv or VLC, because it has a straightforward user interface.
"
Attachments
forum.jpg
(55.39 KiB) Downloaded 342 times
Last edited by Pelo on Sun 28 Aug 2016, 11:04, edited 17 times in total.

Pelo

traductionusr sbin dpuprec

#2 Post by Pelo »

A qui dois-je envoyer la traduction, Gposil n'est plus (sur ce forum).
Attachments
drec.png
(12.43 KiB) Downloaded 681 times

Pelo

Trye EasyCast ! The Drec renewed script

#3 Post by Pelo »

Argolance has improved translation, but has improved dpup script too, see EASYCAST (Will be tested in ToOpPy Two, his nice Precise Puppy Linux)
here

Pelo

Slacko & SSR : Demo upload to You Tube

#4 Post by Pelo »

I have just uploaded how to install SSR on Slacko 5.7 :
Tutorial deleted: Not popular enough
Last edited by Pelo on Tue 16 Aug 2016, 16:14, edited 2 times in total.

Pelo

How-to retour d'expérience

#5 Post by Pelo »

voir topic ici forum UK Category :?: 'Desktop'

Sailor Enceladus

#6 Post by Sailor Enceladus »

I just use Pavrecord that comes with Slacko. Is SSR better?

Pelo

Test and choose

#7 Post by Pelo »

AboutSSR and pAVrecord
SSR need QT
pAVrecord needs FFmpeg.
Depending on your Puppy Running, choice will be quite an evidence. Tharpup has QT included. Slacko has FFMPEG included..
Xvidcap has what it needs included in Xvidcap pet, so it will work everywhere.
Only practice can help to choose, and personaly i don't use always the same screen cast app.
With pAVrecord or SSR you choose zone once, you cannot change when recording. Xvidcap allows to change, like your eye moving where there is interest to move.
YouTUBE
"Frame rate
YouTube allows many different frame rates. I think the maximum is 30, so that's what I use (also because 30 fps looks nice on 60 Hz monitors, unlike 24 fps).
Video bit rate
This depends a lot on the codec and codec settings that you're using. YouTube re-encodes anything you upload, so the only thing that matters is the quality, not the bit rate. If you're using H.264, you don't have to worry about the bit rate because it runs in constant quality mode. For the other codecs, you will just have to test different bitrates until you're happy with the result.
Audio bit rate
128k is good enough in almost all cases.
" Maarten Baert, belgium

pAvrecord can be used with all puppies (ffmpeg). SSR only on puppy Slacko, precise (not Lucid).. and Tahrpup and .. Unicornpup, and vivipup, and werewolf pup and other Ubuntues Puppies
Each user can try both systems. Pavrecord now allows you to draw zone to be recorded.

third tool Xvidcap,
Well.. SSR is the easiest to use.. but it is like for cameras, default settings give good results. Some of you would like special settings. So.. Test and choose
For tutorials, 15 images per second is enough, (10 for me)
854x480 MP4 will avoid any post-process for You TUBE.
Three files are produced With pAVrecord; video, audio, and video + audio..
I don't need the two first ones,
Attachments
Frames.jpg
Some knowledge of editing is needed for choice
(37.38 KiB) Downloaded 348 times
Last edited by Pelo on Sun 28 Aug 2016, 11:00, edited 8 times in total.

Sailor Enceladus

#8 Post by Sailor Enceladus »

Thanks Pelo. I do agree that Pavrecord is a bit confusing at first and the one included with Tahr seemed simpler. :)

Pelo

Norgo built a pet for Slacko passengers

#9 Post by Pelo »

Norgo built a pet for Slacko passengers provided here

Pelo

can be used with DPUP EXPRIMO

#10 Post by Pelo »

can be used with DPUP EXPRIMO
Dpup Squeeze : i will test.
One application, one place : Topic here would be the place