Lucid Puppy Revitalized as 5.2.8.7 - Nov., 2017 - Final

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
ally

#181 Post by ally »

copy of the ibiblio lucid repository here: http://archive.org/details/Puppy_Linux_Lucid_Puppy_Lupu

:)

01micko

#182 Post by 01micko »

ally.. do you have rsync set up? If so disable it now.

The directory is missing. I have logged in over ssh and can't find it anywhere.There is nothing in the .bash_history indicating any typos by Barry or myself. Did anyone login with gftp/filezilla or whatever and make a boo boo?

PS: there is nothing wrong with pet_packages-slacko-14.1 or pet_packages-slacko6414.1 ; they are symlinks. So too was the lucid repo because Larry made a minor boo boo when he set it up -- "pet-packages-lucid" .. (1st delimiter - instead of _) .

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Later-

I have emailed ibiblio's webmaster.
Dear Sir or Madam,

It has come to our attention that a directory has gone missing in our repository at http://distro.ibiblio.org/puppylinux/

The directory is pet-packages-lucid. The broken symlink to that directory still exists; pet_packages-lucid.

Our investigations so far lead us to believe that it may be either a security breach at at your end or a sys-admin error, again at your end. If we turn up anything more or to the contrary we will inform you immediately. We expect the same courtesy.

Regards,

Mick Amadio
Attachments
ibiblio.jpg
(87.75 KiB) Downloaded 1181 times
Puppy Linux Blog - contact me for access

01micko

#183 Post by 01micko »

I've started transfer from archive.org.. might take an hour or 2.

Lucid repo will be up soon.

bigpup

#184 Post by bigpup »

01micko,

Thanks for working on this!!

I know your plate is running over supporting Puppy.
The things they do not tell you, are usually the clue to solving the problem.
When I was a kid I wanted to be older.... This is not what I expected :shock:
YaPI(any iso installer)

01micko

#185 Post by 01micko »

bigpup wrote:01micko,

Thanks for working on this!!

I know your plate is running over supporting Puppy.
Well.. lucid was the first puppy I had major involvement in. Going through the package list there were quite a few that I built.

For those interested, here is the script (attached) I ran on ibiblio's server, very simple stuff. Getting the list was probably the trickiest. I just copied the list directly off ally's archive.org page and pasted into geany, ran an awk loop to format the list, then added a shebang and looped the wget command.
Attachments
newlist.sh.gz
(3.74 KiB) Downloaded 223 times

BUu

#186 Post by BUu »

Hello friends, OK? Very Happy
I'm from Brazil and I'm having problems I can't use lupusuper4 on my pc
I use unetbootin and puppy bootflash 5.7.1 retro but I can't seem to boot I can use the puppy need 5.7.1 retro with unetbootin windows but the error slacko---> sulu_004.sfs not found don't you think the file. SFS I tested on virtual box on windows 7 and ran the boot worked
I have 4 gigs of ram intel celeron processor E3400 maybe dual core
Thank you!

Sorry if I wrote in the wrong place Rolling Eyes

rerwin

#187 Post by rerwin »

BUu wrote:I can't use lupusuper4 on my pc
I use unetbootin and puppy bootflash 5.7.1 retro but I can't seem to boot I can use the puppy need 5.7.1 retro with unetbootin windows but the error slacko---> sulu_004.sfs not found don't you think the file. SFS I tested on virtual box on windows 7 and ran the boot worked
Sorry for my delay in responding. But your description of your problem is completely confusing. You appear to be attempting to combine components from precise 5.7.1, some version of slacko and a super lucid pup. The components are not interchangeable among those puppies.

To use sulu_004 you need to use only the CD/ISO-file for lupusuper4. Start with that to see how far you can get with your project.
Richard

BUu

#188 Post by BUu »

rerwin wrote:
BUu wrote:I can't use lupusuper4 on my pc
Sorry for my delay in responding. But your description of your problem is completely confusing. You appear to be attempting to combine components from precise 5.7.1, some version of slacko and a super lucid pup. The components are not interchangeable among those puppies.

To use sulu_004 you need to use only the CD/ISO-file for lupusuper4. Start with that to see how far you can get with your project.
Richard
Yes, I understand, the problem is that I cannot use lupusuper4, sulu_004.sfs not found, I use lupusuper2 without problems ... through the unetbootin in my Flash drive, but I think this error in lupu4 can also use lupu 5.2.8 gently and with precise 5.7.1 unetbootin on my windows 7 but lupusuper4 presents this error sulu_004.sfs not found! Please I need help
Windows 7
UNetbootin
Thank you!

bigpup

#189 Post by bigpup »

BUu,

Please talk about nothing but LupuSuper4.

It is installed to what?
How did you install it?
YaPI(any iso installer)

BUu

#190 Post by BUu »

:D
Last edited by BUu on Wed 23 Jul 2014, 20:03, edited 1 time in total.

BUu

#191 Post by BUu »

4 lupusuper in ram
Thank you all!
How to compile programs for lupu4?
example: google chrome, firefox, mplayer, smplayer, java, gnome mplayer, skype if I learn I can contribute to compile these programs and upgrading as soon as necessary

Thank you

Blue is 22

:D

bigpup

#192 Post by bigpup »

YaPI(any iso installer)

BUu

#193 Post by BUu »

bigpup wrote:Look here for compiling info:
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/index. ... order=DESC

thank you Bigpup!

goolwa_pup

Skype 4.3 for lupu

#194 Post by goolwa_pup »

Hi can someone make a skype 4.3 pet for lucid puppy...I have got it to run where i can use instant messaging but not with voice calls following watchdogs instructions for wary version details at

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 88&t=94807

but no sound in lucid so cannot make voice calls on lucid puppy.....if someone can make an all in one pet i think it would make a lot of people happy not to mention me....thank you microshaft for taking over skype.....hope bill gates is having fun on his rent a yacht holiday that he hired for 5 million a week....cheers

rerwin

#195 Post by rerwin »

goolwa_pup,
I think OscarTalks has just the other day uploaded pulseaudio and skype for lucid pup (8/11 & 8/9 respectively) here:
http://smokey01.com/OscarTalks/

Please try them in lupu 5.2.8.6, since you posted your request in this thread. I don't know whether there is more to it than that. If you still have problems with that, please run pdiag from the command line and post or PM to me the tar.gz file it produces, so that I can look for clues as to the "hangup."

Thanks for bringing the subject of skype to 5.2.8.6. But I recommend that you request help with skype from the thread you have the link to, since I have no experience with skype but am eager to have it as an option for 5.2.8.6. I would hope to be able to use it as an SFS file instead of pets; but either is fine.
Richard

goolwa_pup

#196 Post by goolwa_pup »

Hi Rerwin

I installed the latest pulse and skype from smokey's archive....I ran skype from command line and it said pulse needs --system flag daemon to run from root.......could not be started....skype starts but no sound....
Attachments
image-2.png
(81.48 KiB) Downloaded 1315 times

OscarTalks

#197 Post by OscarTalks »

@ goolwa_pup
I'm afraid there isn't a universal solution that will work out of the box on all hardware. You may need to experiment a bit but hopefully you will be able to get it going.

The run-as-root message is a warning, not a fatal error and not the reason why the daemon is not starting. You will always get that message in terminal.

To get the daemon to start you will probably need to do a little bit of editing of the file /etc/pulse/default.pa

There are 4 lines to look for, 2 at the end and 2 in the middle. Usually you just need to change a device number or index number or put a hash at the beginning of the line to comment it out. Please see this thread for more information:-
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=94807
Oscar in England

goolwa_pup

#198 Post by goolwa_pup »

thanx Oscar will have a look at it

goolwa_pup

#199 Post by goolwa_pup »

This workaround got skype back up and running for me...thanks Saintless...maybe he is Saintless but not luckily for me he is not Clueless....

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=95202

Les Kerf

#200 Post by Les Kerf »

wrote: Try frost.

Type in console: frost
and you get the info of the usage....basically it is: frost -m

I have searched and searched to find a way to get my laptop running Lucid Puppy to suspend to ram, and Frost is the first thing that has worked.

Now, I would like to get it to suspend to ram when I close the lid like it does in Slacko 5.7

I am running a poor man's frugal install (booting with a cd, all files including save file on hard drive) of Super Lucid on an Acer Aspire 7741Z-4643 laptop. 3 GB of ram, Pentium P6100 processor @ 2 GHz.

I simply want to be able to close the lid and have it suspend to ram, then open the lid, press the power button, and go to work.

Thanks,
Les