LiVES-2.2.5

Audio editors, music players, video players, burning software, etc.
l0wt3ch

LiVES-2.2.5

#1 Post by l0wt3ch »

Compiled on Slacko 5.7, included in Studio 13.37 v2.

Requires JACK (and it's dependencies) and preferably python.

Pet

Sfs

Md5sum for sfs
Last edited by l0wt3ch on Tue 12 Aug 2014, 03:29, edited 2 times in total.

mikeslr

Missing Lib

#2 Post by mikeslr »

Hi l0wt3ch,

Thanks for your continuing work in developing media editors. Downloaded and installed Lives-2,2.5 in Slacko 5.7. It installed but when nothing happened after clicking the menu entry I tried to start it via the terminal. The following was reported:

lves: error while loading shared libraries: libmjpegutils-2.1.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I tried this first with a SaveFile in which included Kdenlive and Openshot among other applications were installed or loaded. Figuring a possible conflict, I rebooted into Slacko 5.7 pfix=ram, installed the pet and received the same missing file warning.
By the way, although your instructions were that Jack is required, pfind in both the populated and virgin versions of Slacko 5.7 indicate it is already present.
Lastly, just a matter of curiosity. When possible I prefer running applications via SFS load rather than pet install. So I attempted to convert the pet to an SFS. Changing the ending "pet" to 'tgz" and attempting to decompress it produced a report that no files were present, despite that "properties" showed it to be 18.5 Mb. Tried this a couple of times with different downloads, and eventually with the pet which actually installed. Not a serious problem. Just strange. Any ideas?
Thanks again. I look forward to getting this working if possible as the reviews suggest it is able to in real time cut out portions from several clips and use such portions to create a vid. Few, if any other, video editors can do that.

mikesLr

l0wt3ch

#3 Post by l0wt3ch »

Hi Mike,

Thanks for testing it. I'm away from my computer right now, so I can't look into the dependency issue just yet. As for the pet, maybe try changing it to xz instead of tgz?

RSH

#4 Post by RSH »

To extract a .pet without any useful tool to use, one needs to rename the .pet to .tar.gz.

A .pet file is just a .tar.gz file which includes a .tgz(?) file and something like a md5sum File (of the .tgz) and this may be the reason why a .pet renamed to .tar.gz will extract with an error message.

Though it will extract completely.

Note: if the .pet was renamed after its creation, there may be some other issues, like extracting it into two different folders, of which one will have the .pet's original name and the other one will be just "var".

However, the extraction directory will contain all the files included in the .pet file.
[b][url=http://lazy-puppy.weebly.com]LazY Puppy[/url][/b]
[b][url=http://rshs-dna.weebly.com]RSH's DNA[/url][/b]
[url=http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=91422][b]SARA B.[/b][/url]

l0wt3ch

#5 Post by l0wt3ch »

That used to be always true. (Although tgz and tar.gz are equivalent.) But recent versions have had the ability to use xz instead.

Same routine, except you change the extension to xz.

mikeslr

Decompressing pets which used xz compression

#6 Post by mikeslr »

Thanks l0wt3ch for the clue. But just changing "pet" to xz didn't work. So the full procedure for decompressing a pet when Archiver doesn't show any files when the ending is changed to tgz or tar.gz is to rename the file end to "tar.xz".

Having done so, libmjpegutils-2.1.so.0 is, in fact, not found in the /usr/lib folder. No version of libmjpegutils is found there, or elsewhere.
Terminal>cd /usr/bin
ldd lives

finds no other missing dependencies.

Possibly of f less importance, an examination of the files and folders revealed that
/usr/local/lib/perl5 and /usr/local/share/perl5 are empty
I didn't examine all folders to see if they had contents.

mikesLr

l0wt3ch

#7 Post by l0wt3ch »

Sorry about the confusion. Please try the new package from the first post. (You will have to install JACK and its dependencies.)

mikeslr

Lives-2.2.5 is now working

#8 Post by mikeslr »

Hi l0wt3ch & All,

No confusion. I estimate that there's about 750,000 computer hadrdware-software combinations, just counting those of people who might try Puppy Linux. Which is why we have testing. On my system Lives-2,2,5.SFS --thanks for the SFS-- now opens and opens acceptable file types, as to which more below.
My system:
Processor: 4x AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 945 Processor
Memory: 3375MB
ATI Radeon 3100 Graphics supporting 1600x900 pixels
SB [HDA ATI SB], device 0: VT1708B Analog
SB {HDA ATI SB], device 1: VT1708B Digital

running Slacko 5.7 using vicmz's Openbox-Lxpanel comination, and employing a SaveFile in which several multimedia applications, including Kdenlive and Openshot, had already been installed/loaded. As some version of jack was already present, I did not follow your instructions to install it.

Following is my notes of things you might want to look into.

The Lives.sfs loads and initiates its configuration setup. First step is to choose a working directory. Default is /root/livestemp. I wanted to choose a directory on /mnt/home. Created an empty folder /mnt/home/aLives and browsed to it. Clicked open. Nothing happened. Could not select any directory other than default.
Configuration Testing: png/alpha “fails.

l0wt3ch

#9 Post by l0wt3ch »

You're welcome!

Pelo

Argolance makes lives available for download for ToOpPy

#10 Post by Pelo »

Argolance makes lives available for download for ToOpPy users.. but everybody can go and pick up Lives. he will not prohibit anything. On the contrary look around when on ToOppy site and enjoy software available
cliquer là Click the blue, for my tests.