Installed Opera, doesn't run -- how to uninstall?

Discuss anything specific to using Puppy on a multi-session disk
rbrehton

Installed Opera, doesn't run -- how to uninstall?

#1 Post by rbrehton »

I have puppy 431 and I downloaded and installed Opera from the Opera website, for linux. Now I think it was for a 64 bit system. It won't run and I'd like to uninstall before installing another version. Can't find any information online for uninstalling from puppy. I didn't install using a PET but I checked Puppy Package Manager anyway, nothing there. I can't find the location of the installation package but the program shows up in start menu/internet as "Opera" and start menu/setup as "Opera Widget Manager". Clicking on either of these does nothing and there is no activity showing in the process or task manager.

Colonel Panic

#2 Post by Colonel Panic »

Hi,

The best way is to install a 32-bit version of Opera over the top of it. It should just overwrite all the old files and then run properly when you start it up.

Opera 12.02 works well in Puppy 4.31 (there may be other, later ones that will too but it's the one I know);

http://412collection.co.uk/internet.php
Last edited by Colonel Panic on Sun 27 Jul 2014, 20:12, edited 1 time in total.
Gigabyte M68MT-52P motherboard, AMD Athlon II X4 630, 5.8 GB of DDR3 RAM and a 250 GB Hitachi hard drive running Ubuntu 16.04.6, MX-19.2, Peppermint 10, PCLinuxOS 20.02, LXLE 18.04.3, Pardus 19.2, exGENT 200119, Bionic Pup 8.0 and Xenial CE 7.5 XL.

rokytnji

#3 Post by rokytnji »

There is a Puppy search application that you can use to find all installed Opera files.
Then you can delete them one by one.

I have done that before on source installs myself in the past.
You can use pfind to find all old java files if installed manually.
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 344#411344

rbrehton

#4 Post by rbrehton »

I found the folder and deleted it. I downloaded the latest version of Opera for Linux i386 but it says I need unrpm.pup installed. I couldn't find a working page to download unrpm.pup but I found and installed unrpm.pet. It still won't open and says that I need unrpm.pup. I started a new topic but I'll delete it if it's acceptable to solve the problem here.

I'll try Opera 12.02 if that's best for 431.

I'll check out the puppy application search, thanks. -- pfind, found it thanks

I'm looking to download unrpm.pup, or is there another way to run the installation file?

rbrehton

#5 Post by rbrehton »

The uninstall topic is solved, thanks. I'm getting advice about the rpm file in another topic.