Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Fri 19 Dec 2014, 12:48
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives
FluxPup 1.5.1-non-pae
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Page 3 of 4 [54 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
oldyeller

PostPosted: Sun 20 Jul 2014, 17:48    Post subject:  

Quote:

Instead of root, root it has 1026, 1026.

I have had a look at precise puppies that Barryk did, at least I know from precise 5.5 and on and it is the same as any pup that I have built as well. Will have to see why it is this way.

Thanks, RSH

@Volhout, no there is not a NVidea driver for Fluxpup non-pae, one well have to be compiled.

EDIT: The ownership is correct root, root before being put into sandbox3 in woof. Once it gets put in there it changes ownership to 1026, 1026; I will need to talk with mick on this one.

Cheers
RSH

PostPosted: Sun 20 Jul 2014, 18:48    Post subject:  

Quote:
EDIT: The ownership is correct root, root before being put into sandbox3 in woof. Once it gets put in there it changes ownership to 1026, 1026; I will need to talk with mick on this one.

Please, tell him, I found this lately in several newer Puppies, though I can't remember which ones and I didn't make any notice about that - seems to be a woof-thing. I'm using a drag'n'drop-script to fix this for my local needs.

FluxPup is nice so far.

Did made a LazYFlux out of it.

Rosegarden from Precise Repo, Audacity 2.0.5 from Forum's Link and Ardour 3 from scabz seems to work pretty well in this. Also the GIMP from LP2_GimpPainter-2.8.7.sfs (LazY Puppy Repo) is working fine.
LazYFluX.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   106.98 KB
 Viewed   709 Time(s)

LazYFluX.jpg

oldyeller

PostPosted: Sun 20 Jul 2014, 18:54    Post subject:  

Hi RSH,

I just pm mick about the ownership.

LazYFlux looks really nice Very Happy

Cheers
01micko

PostPosted: Sun 20 Jul 2014, 19:38    Post subject:  

To my thinking, this is a problem with Barry's syslinux package (old 3 version) because it hasn't happened in Slacko since I used playdayz' version of isolinux.bin. (so it doesn't happen in Lupu or derivatives >> lazy Wink ) It did happen in the old spup-100 series I built a number of years ago.
Not only is the ownership a problem but the permissions. It is supposed to be 0644 but we have something odd here caused by a file transfer over cifs. 0776. (Well that's the only time I have seen those perms, possibly to be compatible with ntfs/vfat ..Andrew Tridgell could enlighten on that one).

Further, in Slacko64, I use a template in woof to use the Slackware package and on the slacko64 iso, we have -rw-r--r-- 1 root root which is as it should be.

I did build and upload a package syslinux-4.0-modified.pet which does not have the ownership issue but does have the permissions issue. I'll fix that and reupload. This would be my booboo due to the aforementioned cifs 'feature'. (This affects slacko only as it is only in pet_packages-slacko14).

So, a couple of solutions are available.
  • Try using the Ubuntu package and see if the woof template works.
  • I can reupload the syslinux-4.0-modified.pet to the pet_packages-common repo with fixed permissions
  • roll your own package and pass it on and I'll upload that.

NB: in the current iteration of woof-CE 'testing' syslinux >= 4.0 is fully supported thanks to a patch by shinobar to PUI.
isolinux.png
 Description   
 Filesize   73.62 KB
 Viewed   723 Time(s)

isolinux.png

oldyeller

PostPosted: Mon 21 Jul 2014, 11:04    Post subject:  

Thanks mick,

will try Ubuntu package and see if the template works in woof-ce

Cheers
RSH

PostPosted: Tue 22 Jul 2014, 19:34    Post subject:  

Hi oldyeller.

For now about two days I have neglected development of L.A.S.S.I.E. 003 to do some work on my remastered version of FluxPup.

After doing this posting, I've started to try to convert all of my scripts for the new JWM Menu Pipes in L.A.S.S.I.E. 003 for the use in Fluxbox.

Successfully!

So I have made a few remasters of now LazY FluX and added everything for my personal needs of a daily used OS when NOT developing.

Just added a few SFS P.L.U.S. RunScripts for the use of:

amarok, aqualung09b11, ardour35, audacity205, autoadjustimage_gui, blender263, CoreDraw8, CorelDream3D, CorelPhotopaint8, dvdstyler234, Firefox, flowblade0140, gimppainter287, gnewpet, gnewpet-wrapper, gnome-wave-cleaner, hydrogen096b, kdenlive092, kdenlive098, LaCie LightScribe, lightzone, lingot, lmms102, metaphorical_silhouette, openoffice4.0-start, openshot, pequalizer, Pixelitor_1.1.1, pixelize1001, plogo, PupSnap163, rosegarden111148, smartdeblur, tintii282, urbanlightscape132, vlc11748, wildfire163, wink and zynaddsubfx

including the SFS P.L.U.S. ToolKit to be able to create SFS Modules and RunScripts when necessary.

Anything else Application can be executed via the Menu Pipes that gives to me directly access to all Files, RoxApps, Portables for Wine and Linux, external RunScripts and SARA-RSD Applications. Files like html, pdf, jpg, mp3, mpg and/or .txt etc. are sent to a heavily modified version of the defaulthandler in /usr/local/bin which executes the default application dependent on the file extension - 58 defaultxxx scripts existing for this.

So, I just want to let you know, FluxPup is really a nice Puppy build and LazY FluX is now my daily used OS when NOT developing at my Home Computer Workstation.

Thanks!

RSH
image-2.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   171.21 KB
 Viewed   560 Time(s)

image-2.jpg

slavvo67

PostPosted: Tue 29 Jul 2014, 21:08    Post subject:  

I just wanted to thank you again for creating such an excellent distro. I've had some issues along the way but FluxPup remains my preferred distro. Stability goes a long way and so does FluxPup!

Thanks,

Slavvo67
oldyeller

PostPosted: Wed 30 Jul 2014, 18:02    Post subject:  

Thanks,

RSH and slavvo67 I will be doing a new one once I get some programs made and other ones updated for my Manna OS.

Cheers
slavvo67

PostPosted: Thu 31 Jul 2014, 18:24    Post subject:  

I'm very much looking forward to it!

Thanks,

Slavvo67
davec51

PostPosted: Thu 31 Jul 2014, 21:48    Post subject: Terrific Puppy  

I just installed Flux Pup 1.5.1 on my old Dell with P4 processor and 1G ram. To my delight everything works: connection to my wired LAN, remote printing, streaming from YouTube. I'm an old Puppy user who has nevertheless learned nothing in all my years with the Pup, and I find that now I need to know nothing. Thanks.
davec51

PostPosted: Fri 01 Aug 2014, 06:17    Post subject: SOLVED-Screen to Blank
Subject description: Where do I invoke it?`

I HAVE BEEN USING FluxPup for a few days with great pleasure. One question: I'd like my screen to go blank after ten minutes of use, but I can't find where to do this. Can someone help?
Last edited by davec51 on Fri 01 Aug 2014, 13:13; edited 1 time in total
oldyeller

PostPosted: Fri 01 Aug 2014, 13:01    Post subject:  

Hi davec51,

This should help.
screensaver.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   34.4 KB
 Viewed   351 Time(s)

screensaver.jpg

davec51

PostPosted: Fri 01 Aug 2014, 13:15    Post subject: Screen to Blank Solved  

Thanks, OldYeller. I just couldn't find that window somehow.
rek769

PostPosted: Thu 14 Aug 2014, 15:35    Post subject: Keyboard bug  

It appears that Fluxpup is suffering from the underlying international keyboard bug in Precise.

Quoted from the main Puppy Linux pages
"1. Non-US keyboards
The first serious bug discovered with 5.7 is that non-US keyboard layouts did not work properly. When X first started, any app then started, such as Geany, type into it, and it is US layout. Quit the app and restart it, then layout is correct.
This happens at every bootup.
Extremely annoying, and we have narrowed the bug down to an Ubuntu DEB from the 'precise-updates' repository, but we don't know which one yet -- I avoided the problem by reverting to the DEBs used to build 5.6.1. "

Is there any chance that Fluxpup will be updated or patched to correct this? If not, is it possible for a novice to make the change easily?

Thanks
RSH

PostPosted: Thu 14 Aug 2014, 15:41    Post subject:  

Hi.

I have a script in /root/Startup to have correct DE keyboard layout.

Code:
#!/bin/sh
setxkbmap de

I had the problem, that e.g Geany was fully in DE, but the gtkdialog script applications did not use the DE keyboard layout.

This script in /root/Startup has solved the problem.

RSH

Page 3 of 4 [54 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives
Jump to: