HP 1102w wireless?

Problems and successes with specific brands/models of printers
paule

HP 1102w wireless?

#1 Post by paule »

I am wondering if anyone has been able to install an HP 1102w wireless? I have mine connected via usb to my CF-28 laptop running MacPup Opera2 (4.31) which is the latest version of puppy which will run on that laptop. I have installed HPLIPlite etc, and have no problem with the printer hardwired, but cannot seem to find a way to detect the wireless signal from the printer. So far all my searches have not provided the information I seem to be missing. I do not have access to a windows machine so that means of establishing an IP address is not available to me. What am I missing.

Thanks in advance.

cheers, Paul

ardvark

#2 Post by ardvark »

Hi...

I'm kind of wondering if your printer will require the full version of HPLIP from what I see in this thread about "additional plugins" required and, in part, if this difference affects you be able to connect wirelessly with it. According to this page, your printer does require the plugin which you would need to install the full version of HPLIP to obtain complete functionality. I don't know what was stripped out of HPLIP to make HPLIP Lite.

But if there is no difference in terms of a wireless connection, which, honestly, I'm thinking there isn't, does this thread help? :)

Regards...
Our Lord and Savior [url=http://peacewithgod.jesus.net/]Jesus Christ[/url] loves and cares about you most of all!

PLEASE READ! You don't have to end up [url=http://www.spiritlessons.com/Documents/BillWiese_23MinutesInHell_Text.htm]here![/url]

rcrsn51

#3 Post by rcrsn51 »

At the top of this section there is a thread titled How to Install your Printer/Scanner in Puppy.

It contains detailed information about a wide range of models, including the Laserjet Pro P1102w. There is rarely any need to look elsewhere.

Regarding wireless: Does Puppy 431 have a port scanner? Scan your LAN for Port 9100.