OSMO 0.2.8

Please post any bugs you have found
rjayaram

OSMO 0.2.8

#1 Post by rjayaram »

Sir,
Using Lucid Puppy 501 ( Installed in my PC ) the 'select day colour' and 'highlight' options in the OSMO 0.2.8 calendar notes do not work properly. The default white colour could not be changed. The 'highlight' icon too is inactive.
Any remedy?

Thanks.
Jayaram.

Pelo

Osmo How-to

#2 Post by Pelo »

Colours : not better in 0.2.10
Linux and Osmo relationship
Osmo, a compact yet feature-rich personal information organizer for Linux, separates itself from the pack of other calendar applications due to its light weight and easy-to-use design. The GPL-licensed Osmo includes a datebook calendar, a to-do organizer, and a contacts list, all with lots of intuitive options.

Osmo is so new that it isn't included in many distributions' software repositories yet, but the source is available through SourceForge.net. Installing from the source isn't difficult. The only dependencies are the GIMP Toolkit (GTK+) and libxml2, which come with most distributions. You may need to install the development libraries with some distributions, such as Mandriva, and you'll need at least the build-essential packages with distros like Ubuntu, but these are available through the package manager. iCal support is available as well if you have libical installed. Compiling Osmo is quick and easy -- in fact, all you need is a ./configure; make; make install. Osmo requires only 780KB of disk space.

When launched, Osmo opens a 550x723-pixel window on your desktop with a toolbar at the top and tabs at the right for Calendar, Tasks, Contacts, Options, and About. In addition, a handy icon appears in your system tray that can hide or show Osmo when clicked, as well as report any appointments or tasks set for the day in a tooltip when you hover over it with your cursor.
Attachments
LegOPen.png
Magyar Hongrie collection de Puppies (australian)
(59.18 KiB) Downloaded 71 times
Last edited by Pelo on Fri 27 Nov 2015, 08:23, edited 4 times in total.

amigo

#3 Post by amigo »

Is there some purpose in posting to *every* thread about osmo? Most of these posts don't appear to ask or answer any questions. And if you have questions you'll surely get better answers if you slow down and wait for the answers. And, for better information about the product 'osmo', try the 'osmo' website and search the web for answers. Even though osmo is used in some puppies, it is unlikely that puppy users would be the most expert users of osmo.

mikeb

#4 Post by mikeb »

seems to be a hobby like the one that involves sending rude private messages.

most forums would consider this trolling

mike

Pelo

Cool ! It's a check-up of OSMO improvments to-do !

#5 Post by Pelo »

OSMO is a default application on Puppy.
Root and user are one person in Puppy. But users have some interest in using agenda. My aim is to collect everything about OSMO to make a How-to.
Je ne vois pas en quoi ma démarche gêne ?
Installing a Puppy is subject of thousands posts, but users can use it once installed. I do not see how my approach discomfort?
Colours options are still not available in 2014
Have you any solution ?
Importing task ?
Dates are trunks in contacts when you import saved data (.csv).
Do you want to ignore dates within an agenda ?

darry1966

Re: Cool ! It's a check-up of OSMO improvments to-do !

#6 Post by darry1966 »

Pelo wrote:OSMO is a default application on Puppy.
Root and user are one person in Puppy. But users have some interest in using agenda. My aim is to collect everything about OSMO to make a How-to.
Je ne vois pas en quoi ma démarche gêne ?
Installing a Puppy is subject of thousands posts, but users can use it once installed. I do not see how my approach discomfort?
Colours options are still not available in 2014
Have you any solution ?
Importing task ?
Dates are trunks in contacts when you import saved data (.csv).
Do you want to ignore dates within an agenda ?
Talk to the Dev's about your concerns - give your input.

Pelo

Osmo task to be don by obama

#7 Post by Pelo »

It would be fine that there were a column common between tasks and contacts (the contact in charge of to do job) sorry for my english.
Do you see what i mean ?
Attachments
PuppyToDo.jpg
(63.15 KiB) Downloaded 119 times