Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Mon 20 Oct 2014, 14:06
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » House Training » Users ( For the regulars )
Didiwiki, Osmo, Seamonkey, aMSN
Moderators: Flash, Ian, JohnMurga
Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]  
oui

Location: near Woof (Germany) :-) Acer Laptop emachines 2 GB RAM AMD64. franco-/germanophone, +/- anglophone

PostPosted: Thu 14 Jan 2010, 18:49    Post subject:  Didiwiki, Osmo, Seamonkey, aMSN  

Hi

Import - Export

I have above programs in different Puppy's in or not in the same partition in the same PC and in different PC's and it is not always easy to find again somewhat a little bit older made at (sometimes long) testing time for a new Puppy or new Pupplet or other new distributions (why not Confused ).

I suppose I am not alone to have that problem.

In Puppy it is about easy because you are always root (no access restrictions needed the use of chown etc.)!

But it is problematic enough Laughing

Did you find a solution to make that

all puppy's use the same data in only one partition (for example the vfat partition used as /mnt/home)

or

the content of the different puppy's in view of the personal data are compared and completed automaticaly by an actualisation's script or somewhat is acceptable for such purpose?

What is realisable and what not?

didiwiki

I find didiwiki terrible good. As smart and as powerfull!

I regret only one thing: I did never find an other wiki as internet wiki being fully compatible with the very simple didiwiki code

and I don't know a way to make the conversion in a more polyvalent format like *.rtf (texts] or TAB-formated *.txt (data sheets).

salut
hillside

PostPosted: Thu 14 Jan 2010, 18:59    Post subject:  

in my /mnt/home, I have a directory called data. I put everything in there.

Each of my puppies is in its own directory. All my puppies can find my data. I also drag the directory onto all my puppy's desktops so that I have a short cut to my data.

Then, in my ~ for each puppy, I replace the my-documents with a new my-documents that is a link to data.
oui

Location: near Woof (Germany) :-) Acer Laptop emachines 2 GB RAM AMD64. franco-/germanophone, +/- anglophone

PostPosted: Fri 15 Jan 2010, 06:32    Post subject:  

Hi

thank you for your answer Hillside.

of course I have no problem with my personal document files.

I do as you and I suppose that each puppy user do about the same.

but can you open your pre existent didiwiki pages in an other puppy or complete the informations in your osmo in an other puppy when working in the one or the other different version of puppy and have a global result in only one version of didiwiki or osmo (etc...) ?

that is the way what I am searching for...

bye
hillside

PostPosted: Fri 15 Jan 2010, 10:30    Post subject:  

For Osmo, there is a hidden file called .osmo. It contains all your data. I haven't tried this, but you could move those files outside your pupsave and make new links within .osmo to the data files. Then, if each of your puppies reads data in the same way, it might work.

I'm not a huge fan of Didiwiki. I use Tiddlywiki a lot. Tiddlywiki is easy to share between puppies.
Pelo

PostPosted: Sat 28 Jun 2014, 00:22    Post subject: Link Osmo to pupsaves  

Pour Osmo, il s'agit d'un fichier caché appelé. Osmo. Il contient toutes vos données. Je n'ai pas essayé, mais vous pouvez déplacer ces fichiers en dehors de votre pupsave et faire de nouveaux liens au sein d'Osmo pour les fichiers de données. Ensuite, si chacun de vos puppies lit les données de la même manière, çà pourrait fonctionner.

Link Osmo to pupsaves : sucessfull ?

oui

PostPosted: Sat 28 Jun 2014, 03:08    Post subject:  

Hi Pelo

Thank you very much but we are more than 3 y. later Wink

Cheers...
Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]  
 Forum index » House Training » Users ( For the regulars )
Jump to: