Osmo calendar -- need to repeat by year

Using applications, configuring, problems
ravensrest

Osmo calendar -- need to repeat by year

#1 Post by ravensrest »

Osmo (0.2.0) is a nice, compact personal manager and calendar. However, I am need a program that will let me recycle events from year to year. For instance, I want to input a list of birthdays and have the program remind me in all successive years when one is imminent.

I can find no way to make Osmo carry over tasks from year to year.

Does anyone know how this might be done, or if there is another *.pet available for another program that will?

Thanks,BS

BarryK
Puppy Master

#2 Post by BarryK »

Yes, there's a little pet package, I think that it's in the puppy3 repository, and if my memory serves me correctly, it's named 'Agenda'.
[url]https://bkhome.org/news/[/url]

ravensrest

#3 Post by ravensrest »

Thanks, Barry. Agenda works just fine. Sure would be nice if the Osmo people added the cyclic capability to Osmo too.

BS

seaside

Re: Osmo calendar -- need to repeat by year

#4 Post by seaside »

ravensrest wrote:Osmo (0.2.0) is a nice, compact personal manager and calendar. However, I am need a program that will let me recycle events from year to year. For instance, I want to input a list of birthdays and have the program remind me in all successive years when one is imminent.

I can find no way to make Osmo carry over tasks from year to year.

Does anyone know how this might be done, or if there is another *.pet available for another program that will?

Thanks,BS
If you enter a birthday under a contact, it will carry forward (and backward) for every year.

An ugly workaround for other yearly recurring items is to make up a contact with a "task" instead of the first name and a date.

This will give you a reminder on that date under Birthday that's says something like "file taxes today was born".

Perhaps a little cryptic, but if no one else is using this, it's enought of a nudger.......

triplet

#5 Post by triplet »

ravensrest wrote:Thanks, Barry. Agenda works just fine. Sure would be nice if the Osmo people added the cyclic capability to Osmo too.
Since version 0.2.2 Osmo has advanced tasks reminder with cyclic capability, so you can be interested.

The latest version of Osmo (0.2.6) doesn't need libnotify and dbus dependency anymore. I hope Puppy developers will upgrade Osmo package to the recent one. 8)

Pelo

Dates : export

#6 Post by Pelo »

Dates : export
Dates are garbled when importing