Puppy Bizness Card

Promote Puppy !
Mic67

Puppy Bizness Card

#1 Post by Mic67 »

How do you tell someone about Puppy Linux?

What about a Puppy Bizness Card?

Is there an application in linux that can create bizness cards? Or maybe a template can be made in a graphics format that can be opened in Open Office or ???? That has multi cards on an 8 1/2 x 11 paper? It would be great to have print on both sides of the card....

Any thoughts on this?

Lets keep it simple.... O_____/
^ ^
My puppy symbol

"if your not the lead dog the view is always the same" ;}

edoc

Re: Puppy Bizness Card

#2 Post by edoc »

Mic67 wrote:How do you tell someone about Puppy Linux?
What about a Puppy Bizness Card?
There was a project a while back re. putting Puppy on a mini-CD and using that as a
Puppy-promo/business card.

You might poke around the archives and check that out.

I'll be interested as to what you uncover!
[b]Thanks! David[/b]
[i]Home page: [/i][url]http://nevils-station.com[/url]
[i]Don't google[/i] [b]Search![/b] [url]http://duckduckgo.com[/url]
TahrPup64 & Lighthouse64-b602 & JL64-603

Mic67

#3 Post by Mic67 »

I think that a puppy biz card may not be the same as a mini-compact disc. But the convience and cost factor is what the difference is. I know when you try and tell someone about puppy and then try and tell them the url to go to, without a biz card like info. Success of them continuing is unlikely. The reason why a biz card does make sense is for the reasons stated above and from my own practical experience in promoting puppy linux to others. These biz cards can be left everywhere, when you have a meal out, buying groceries, variety store, etc,,,,,, It does make more sense.

I was amazed to learn that so many people use the default start page for browsers and never actually type in a URL....

amish

#4 Post by amish »

it would be nice to have such a thing. i have made my own business cards using nothing but mspaint (works in wine) and a printer. i don't have a printer, but it's easy enough to make such an image.

someone else might prefer using abiword, which i'm sure is up to the task. let me suggest you use some tool available in puppy by default. i have learned all about mtpaint and i can help that way if you choose to go that route. my cards included graphics and looked just awesome, even tho they were black and white. i used a laser printer. so what all can we put on the card? i'd like a copy of the final output, in image or .abi or .doc if possible.
sadly, it is not possible to separate politics from free software. free software - politics = unfree software.

peppyy

#5 Post by peppyy »

How about a basic template like this for ABI?

There is a blank PNG image that should fit in each cell of the table. You will probably have to adjust it for your printer but it might help.
Attachments
card-template.tar.gz
Should be about the same as the avery 8371
(29.89 KiB) Downloaded 709 times
Puppy Linux...
It just works!

Mic67

#6 Post by Mic67 »

O___/
^ ^
Humm considering that the biz cards are small and puppy has a lot of features, being able to properly print on both sides of the card is a plus.

Just a couple of quick possible features

-FAST
-FREE "userfriendly" LINUX
-NO HARD DRIVE REQUIRED

http://www.puppyos.com

-BOOT FROM CD to RAM
-ULTIMATE INTERNET SECURITY
-??????

So ya got any ideas...post 'um

Actually anyone who has an idea can post their concept. There can be a vote on the favorite, and people can then choose which ever template they want.

I think that it is best to work in monochrome but hey color would be nice, options, options, the more the better.

So dont wait for me as you can see from above it is simple...;} but that would be just one side....

Now how should these be posted back to this thread. I think that some sort of screen shot (of the card) and then possibly a link to a file or better to have a folder at one of the dotpup servers???

Ideas???

How about a basic template like this for ABI?

PURRRRfect...... thanks.....alot

Just DL it, opened in Abbiword, great.... no mega hours wasted by a newbie.

I hope that there will be more than just a few, and there is no hurry, but this could be interesting, voting and all.

JohnMc

combine both

#7 Post by JohnMc »

Why not put a distro of Puppy on a printable mini-cd or mini-dvd disk? The instructions and url are on the disk and the Puppy is right there to play with. And with all the space that a mini-dvd provides you could put all the dot pups on there as well. That way even somebody with no internet connection can have customize Puppy.

Mic67

#8 Post by Mic67 »

"Why not put a distro of Puppy on a printable mini-cd or mini-dvd disk?"

Well that makes me think of the "AOL disks".

A good way to get system updates and browser for a win system...but that was it.

I think that the cost vs waste would be rather high.

People have to convince them self first, windows and the fact that that system makes computers obsolete, ought to be enough.

I think the www.puppyos.com page does a good job and is the best starting point, followed by this forum.

Thats is why I though a puppy biz card is a good idea -based on experience in communicating the Puppy linux experience, which is always improving.

Presently I am trying many of the different puppy versions. And the biz card that would be created would be rather simple - in time. I would hope there are others who see merit in this and come up with a display of their ideas, to be made available to all who are interested.

amish

#9 Post by amish »

when you know what size (in pixels) you want the card to be made on, i can start putting something up to see / for you to use.

or maybe we just say: 200 dpi. okay... so the cards are usually 3.5 x 2 inches righht? that's 600-"point"-100 (700) x 400 pixels... put everything you want in a 700x400 image (i can help) or tell me what all you want to say. i can try making something in puppy later. funny tho, i remember the math being a lot different! any other suggestions? i'll have SOMETHING to show later tonight/this morning tho. it would be great to have one central location for ALL the images of *The* Puppy, but i was thinking of using the image from the startoff page in dillo: "WOOF WOOF!"

dvw86

#10 Post by dvw86 »

If you have OpenOffice just go to File-New-Business Cards. They have templates that fit Avery and other sheets.

Mic67

#11 Post by Mic67 »

Ok I have put some thought into what "might" be put on a puppy biz card.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
FREE = LINUX = SECURE
O_____/
^ ^
http://www.puppyos.com
+
EASY<<^>>>USER FRIENDLY
Run the OS from CD -Load to Ram
Makes older machines useful
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Improvements suggestions welcome...

It is possible to put something on the reverse side of the card too.

amish

#12 Post by amish »

norswiel suggested:
"puppylinux: a computer's best friend" ... this would have been up sooner, but i had some trouble uploading:

preview of "actual size":

sadly, it is not possible to separate politics from free software. free software - politics = unfree software.

Mic67

#13 Post by Mic67 »

I'm impressed...nice work.

A couple of questions

Will this paste directly into the Abbiword template? If not how do you make it work with a template in any app?

And what about a monochrome version?

amish

#14 Post by amish »

thanks. i haven't downloaded the abiword template so i don't know. it may have an image that is x pixels by y pixels. if it does, please let me know what the dimensions are and i'll work on fitting it. but the short answer to your question is: possibly. as for monochrome... almost no need. just print the same card out on whatever printer you have, it *should* be fine...

Pelo

Rubrica application for business cards

#15 Post by Pelo »

Rubrica application for business cards (2006>>>2014)
Templates
Topic about rubrica click here